Sg4 10

Fair enough Poledancer, never really thought about that side of thing's before. We stick them in the back of the van or truck without a thought, not sure what your solution would be. I don't think it would be much of an excuse for not following guidelines should the worst happen though.

Down here the 3 or 4 big firms issue the step but I know 90% of the scaffs don't use them,they just keep them close so if the boss turns up they can grab them,I used to use it but since going on my own I've started using the sliding handrail,but most firms are still going around in trainers and using black pitted tube.

I've read and understand WAH2005 Steve.

As mentioned earlier on another thread if other activities can be exempt why can't scaffolders be? After all we are trained to work in a high risk environment aren't we?

I suggest you actually read the WAH regs then work out why 05 was replaced?

I've read them, I can see the good intentions behind the change to use collective prevention over personal protection but this was not thought out properly or the men actually carrying out the work consulted. At the moment the scaffolders are targeted without compromise that they must never use IF-Prct, yet other trades seem free to do as they please, using fall protection as the norm. Using IF-Prtct to install CF-Prv was hardly dangerous, no scaffolders died doing this (according to NASC) since it's introduction.

I've commented before on the need for better quality harnesses,suspension trauma is quoted a lot when pushing collective fall protection,if we were had better harnesses that resolved that issue that are available now and used widely in other trades,traversing and other methods more suitable to blokes on price would be able to be argued for,instead of scaremongering for profit ruling h and s in scaffolding

I've commented before on the need for better quality harnesses,suspension trauma is quoted a lot when pushing collective fall protection,if we were had better harnesses that resolved that issue that are available now and used widely in other trades,traversing and other methods more suitable to blokes on price would be able to be argued for,instead of scaremongering for profit ruling h and s in scaffolding

mb15.jpg

No mate,you need the thick thigh ones,even with a barracudda you only have two minute suspension till your legs fall off !

No mate,you need the thick thigh ones,even with a barracudda you only have two minute suspension till your legs fall off !

I wouldn't need 2 minutes to rescue myself with the barracuda. Unless I was working off a beam over a river maybe. I'd want someone timing me though.

There's also ways of dealing with the effects of being suspended in a harness for a long time, importantly not letting 'stale' blood in the legs suffocate the brain when the casualty is rescued.

Never put anyone in the recovery position if they have been hanging in their harness sit them down feet on floor and knees tight to the chest until the ambulance arrives.

If your conscious ?

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

Lift the head with anything to hand if unconscious,suffocation a massive risk !

Never put anyone in the recovery position if they have been hanging in their harness sit them down feet on floor and knees tight to the chest until the ambulance arrives.

Spot on. Now why when I ask people if they know this nobody ever fecking knows :mad:

As long as they're breathing even if they are unconscious but don't trap their airways.

I'm no first aider swiftly so maybe a link to a site that deals with this,maybe really save a life and not just us all waffling lol ;)

Sala exofit is a good harness nice a easy to wear. If I was going to hang in one I'd sooner hang in one of them.. We just 100% clip on only got one step between 50 men on site.. Don't see anyone arguing to get it first though..

Anybody seen the trauma straps that go on the harness?? If you do fall you deploy theses bad boys and stand in them takes the pressure of the femoral artery, I don't know how long for, but it seems a good idea... Any thoughts???

Anybody seen the trauma straps that go on the harness?? If you do fall you deploy theses bad boys and stand in them takes the pressure of the femoral artery, I don't know how long for, but it seems a good idea... Any thoughts???

Any pics Wayne?

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...sYGwDg&usg=AFQjCNGZce2mSFjmH_j_uaz6v-EcphCn_w

Found some from £7.99 Does anyone have these as part of their PPE?

Top Bottom