SG4-10 training

Hi Steve,

This might sound like a silly question but do we need formal training to use a step or can we do it in house ourselves and if we do need trained in it what qualification will we receive and who will recognise it.

do you have a course to use a drill

Hi bubba, I was going to list the numerous mundane course's we do have tickets for but I got bored. The short answer is no.

Hi bubba, I was going to list the numerous mundane course's we do have tickets for but I got bored. The short answer is no.

exactly, if you have the instructions for a step its just the same. SG4 training may be needed if your clients request up to date training, a ladder is a ladder at the end of the day

exactly, if you have the instructions for a step its just the same. SG4 training may be needed if your clients request up to date training, a ladder is a ladder at the end of the day

Exactly, and you need training for that.

Ok I admit I was wrong for putting not paying the lads so on that I appologise.. now it does seem to me at the end of the day this industry is all about training. I was sent some info regarding training and I posted it on here for you all.

wether you have the training or not is up to you.

So I will be posting regardless on this forum as the members have the right to know what is available, Just a shame that there is a few other members who want to shoot the messenger and dis-credit everyone, Looks like its my month but the thing is I dont hide and I will continue to offer advice to any member of the forum whoever needs it.

I would advise any company wanting this training to get there dates booked in as soon as.

Is this still valid? Can you pm please the info?
Thanks

This is a really old thread & been revived-i dont think steves an active member anymore or if indeed the sg4:10 course is neccesarg now as all current traing given by citb acredited schools would automatically teach to theses requirements & thats why its within the curriculum of the nvq level 2 & 3.

Last edited:
Lol Hatter- they said that about 20:08 & then 20:10 which eventually landed in 20:13..... so we'd prob expect any rewrite of an sg4 in 2020 lol
but I did hear through an nasc contact they were on about 100% clip on -so double lanyards for everything and full teatherd tools- spose we'll av to see.
its bad enough trying to work without tunneling let alone another thing to slow us down

This is a really old thread & been revived-i dont think steves an active member anymore or if indeed the sg4:10 course is neccesarg now as all current traing given by citb acredited schools would automatically teach to theses requirements & thats why its within the curriculum of the nvq level 2 & 3.

Darryl

He sold his soul to the devil

Swifty

Lol Hatter- they said that about 20:08 & then 20:10 which eventually landed in 20:13..... so we'd prob expect any rewrite of an sg4 in 2020 lol
but I did hear through an nasc contact they were on about 100% clip on -so double lanyards for everything and full teatherd tools- spose we'll av to see.
its bad enough trying to work without tunneling let alone another thing to slow us down

100% hook up is pretty standard here. Tool lanyards subject to risk assessment although mandatory with some contractors. Hard hat chin straps must be worn when working at height thus eliminating a potential dropped object. Strangely enough scaffolders only have to work off 2 secured boards.

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

Darryl

He sold his soul to the devil

Swifty

And is now dancing at the very gates of hell?

Top Bottom