scaffs wanted shetlands all digs n food inc

Alright chaps this isn't offshore it's on the beach, as I said the site is going to
A ballot for industrial action they won't be setting on until that is resolved.
Bilfinger don't handle manpower they out source this to Globetek although trust me
you would be employed directly by Bilfinger. There 100's of c.v's already handed in,
If any of you are on Facebook add Globetek on there they give updates
Re Shetland / Sullem Voe, I have dealt directly with Globetek they are ok to deal with.
I will post more info re man power when the ballot has taken place.
Cheers

Alright chaps this isn't offshore it's on the beach, as I said the site is going to
A ballot for industrial action they won't be setting on until that is resolved.
Bilfinger don't handle manpower they out source this to Globetek although trust me
you would be employed directly by Bilfinger. There 100's of c.v's already handed in,
If any of you are on Facebook add Globetek on there they give updates
Re Shetland / Sullem Voe, I have dealt directly with Globetek they are ok to deal with.
I will post more info re man power when the ballot has taken place.
Cheers

I think your talking about the wrong site mate. This add is for the agency employing for Morrison constructuon.

The civil works scaffolding.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I'm not mate I've been working on the island for the last 2yrs. Morrisons
Have/had the civil work and Bifinger have taken the mechanical
phase. Both have different pay structures Bilfinger adhear to the island agreement,
while Morrison don't that's why there is a vast difference in pay and conditions
between the 2 firms as I said I would avoid Morrisons.
Cheers.

Yes Garry same one that does all the steel fixers too Bro

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Wrm 84 is right was up there for 3 months with Morrisons last year tryed to get on with bilfinger but its hard your a lot better off with bilfinger

So are globetk the best agency to get in touch with for this one ?

Looks like the scaffs have turned up on this Job
Petrofac has made an offer to staff working on the huge new Shetland Gas Plant in a fresh effort to avoid strike action next week.

An escalating dispute over travel and accommodation has resulted in about 800 construction workers threatening to walk out next Friday.

The men are angry at having to share rooms in the 850-bed accommodation block at Sella Ness near the site, where they are building an £800million gas plant for French oil giant Total.

They want compensation for sharing rooms at Sella Ness and for up to two hours’ travel time each day for those staying in single rooms in three floating hotels in Lerwick.

Two days of negotiations in Shetland and Aberdeen involving Petrofac management and union bosses from Unite and GMB have resulted in an offer that will be put to members next Tuesday. It is understood the offer includes compensation of up to £5,500 for men working for the longest amount of time on the site next to BP’s Sullom Voe oil terminal.

The company is also trying to bring a fourth accommodation barge to Shetland to ease pressure on bed space, but has been prevented from doing so by windy weather.

Petrofac’s vice-president operations Kurt Reeves said the talks had been “extremely positive”.

“We’ve had a good relationship with the unions throughout and we are very hopeful that the deal we’ve worked out will be acceptable to their membership,” he said.

“As we’ve said all along on the issue of shared accommodation, we make it very clear to anyone considering joining the project that they will be expected to share a room, and they all sign a disclaimer to that effect.

“Having said that, we take the welfare of our staff very seriously and we are pleased that we have been able to negotiate a solution that should ensure the project continues to be delivered effectively.”

Unite’s regional industrial organiser John Taylor said the negotiating team would fly to Shetland on Tuesday to present the offer to their members and recommend they call off the industrial action.

“When we go up we will have 75% of the workforce there and if they are prepared to call off the industrial action on Friday that will give a general indication they are prepared to accept the offer,” he said.

“There is no guarantee, but we are hopeful.”

Old Scaff do u kno who is best to get in touch with for Scaffs trying to get out there?

It's a new build, some trouble always kicks off especially when you have a a lot of lads from certain part of England...

Would that certain place begin with M, end in H and the people from there be famous for carrying one five foot at a time?:blink1:

Top Bottom