Scaffs for Immediate Start Manchester Area

haha well said...i just meant the obvious agency competitive nature, not a personal comment obviously, and I think I have got through to 70 blokes in last 2 days now who are willing to try me out so i cant be doing taht bad aye? lol...over a 1000 views to my posts so good or bad Im getting opinions and interest.......with music magpie yes its apparantly a great place to work as well, not my cup of tea looking after the staff in factorys really but we have ran it for a while now. I go up there sometimes see a mate is old stomping ground from when i was a teen and would go see the macc lads haha

Maccs alright i used to play football with mutley from the macc lads lol
The problem i am finding in the north west is the rates that the companies are wanting to pay they are so low i am amazed how they get lads because when your trying to pay the lads a decent rate your hands are tied by the companies.
I price jobs up and what i think is a good rate all round for both the client and the scaffolder, all you get off the client is thats to dear there is not enough on the job.
You cant go any lower cause it effects what your paying the scaffolder sowhat can you do.

Thats mint would love to go on the lash with him bet he a right character!...
Agreed its tough at minute with rates...i have one client paying £14 to adv full time lads and he has lots onboard, while he is getting temps off me that i pay £16...granted they dont get holiday accrual but they prefer it straight like that so I give them what they want...they loyal now and happy but its really hard to ensure both sides are happy with what we do..
I have over 70 men signed up nationally now all reference checked and with loads cards, exp etc and even they say that its tough right now to get the rates and that we arent a million miles away from what they want...
its the minority that believe the industry would shift if no agencys, the facts dont support it...agency/temp labour usage nationally is up year on year, while the number of agencies has halved over 5 years from 16000 to 8000...tells a clear story...better suppliers survive with good service and realistic margins otherwise that growth would not be there!...

Seems to be there is an opportunity for the genuine staff focused recruiters to succeed..not off the backs of men as parasites but alongside them as their support structure for work finding..if we work hard to improve the opinions in the end the best agents will have good men and all the work..the bad and dishonest will disappear..

Prize for c u n t of the year ...........
It's Gary

oy jimmy have you had any takers or have you sold your bellocks down the swanny seems to me like you want scaffs to work for you but you seem to be having a spot of bother with the old respect for men you want to work for you ps glad you like the word fek add off to it seems to be the solution for this forum dexy doesn't have a good word for you its Friday night cummarrn

are u some middle class prick who got some degree that enables you to make a living off hard workin men , all through this thread , MY guys , MY men , dont get confused ure a leech who kids himself on your a good thing , just because the world has a place for people like you doesnt mean its right. Another classic thread who said forum was goin downhill.

Have spannerwilltravel - yes i would do that, and in my opinion the way to operate that would be to pre set with the gangs that completion ahead of target generates X profit which is split across the teams on the job in a PRE AGREED split. Yeah maybe id like to generate a small margin for that but for winning work and recruiting great men who hit target! BUT if its transparently displayed to the team and we all know the split its easily done. we can then simply then divide the net profit by 40 hours an pay on the last week of job. you have to declare and pay tax but who doesn't?.

Steelcity- i have had around 35 people apply today, and read our contracts, sign return and hopefully some start for us over the next week after background checks get done. someguys in the manchester area know me from my temp roof training days so i got a little head start

i have plenty of respect for people who treat me with the same...its simple, and comparing me to a pedo for advertising work just goes to show how petty you are. some of us have children and an me personally just think that is just a no go area. its would earn a man a crack in most places i think.
But i genuinely thank you for driving up the views my ads have had, without the interest its generated I would be taking a few weeks to get so many calls and applications.

Get one of them 35 to tell us what a good guy you are and how you have lots of work!! We all know you can't because your a self obsessed c u n t

For fux sake here we go again. Get the popcorn out and ring side seats are available. Or you could go down to liverpool st, if you choose that option let me ring ol happy so he can hold your handbags....

did yesterday an you just gave me ****, whats the point cant satisfy everyone , the lad signed a letter with his name on, if you dont know him that's not my problem is it. dont need to validate myself anymore than i have done mate. cheers though.

Last edited:
are u some middle class prick who got some degree that enables you to make a living off hard workin men , all through this thread , MY guys , MY men , dont get confused ure a leech who kids himself on your a good thing , just because the world has a place for people like you doesnt mean its right. Another classic thread who said forum was goin downhill.

you wanted men for 12.50 an hour , thats a pathetic rate for manchester , ***** like you will soon be taking work from good agencys like forefront . fuckoff.

Gary is like a fu cking baby.. It's funny how he thinks scaffs a from sh it holes and can't add up grow up you pr ick

the scaff firms pay what they pay. i dont tell them what to pay the men, its not my decision what they want to pay staff, if men dont want the jobs they dont have to take them. theres loads of firms paying a oner a day to part 2s in manchester, there 7o adv lads there direct on 120 an my lads get 128 how am i a ****........... sorry you probly struggle with the adding up...128 is 16 ph mate yeah, and my part 2 get 14...a oner a day is 12.50 (and anyway i changed my ad to 13 as the client agreed to that not my fault hes got 200 blokes on that now, whys he going to pay more? just because group wont work for that? .

Last edited:
look jimmy reading through previous threads you was mentioned as jimmy saville of the agencies I didn't dub you jimmy Ay but if the cap fits wear it and as for cross references I bet you get one of your kids to come on here just for appraisals that's how leaches work jimmy you got some good advise off stleger and dexy fek off you prik

i think nows the time to give it up gary!! i admire that u keep cumming back!!but! your well and truely beatn here!!! these men wil not and cannot forgive you!!!!! it all boils down to the FACT that we r on the sharp end!! u r not!!!! do not put up child rates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stand down now old son live to fite another day.

Have spannerwilltravel - yes i would do that, and in my opinion the way to operate that would be to pre set with the gangs that completion ahead of target generates X profit which is split across the teams on the job in a PRE AGREED split. Yeah maybe id like to generate a small margin for that but for winning work and recruiting great men who hit target! BUT if its transparently displayed to the team and we all know the split its easily done. we can then simply then divide the net profit by 40 hours an pay on the last week of job. you have to declare and pay tax but who doesn't?.

Steelcity- i have had around 35 people apply today, and read our contracts, sign return and hopefully some start for us over the next week after background checks get done. someguys in the manchester area know me from my temp roof training days so i got a little head start

i have plenty of respect for people who treat me with the same...its simple, and comparing me to a pedo for advertising work just goes to show how petty you are. some of us have children and an me personally just think that is just a no go area. its would earn a man a crack in most places i think.
But i genuinely thank you for driving up the views my ads have had, without the interest its generated I would be taking a few weeks to get so many calls and applications.

Thanks for your reply.
Would you like to give me a price to supply labour only to erect and dismantle a 15,000 square metre hanger? Erection time is 9 weeks and dismantle time 3 weeks. Cranes supplied. Vast majority of hanger is at an elevation of 50 metres. You would have to supply digs for your men.
You can send me a PM with your price. Please state how many men you think you need for both erection and dismantle.
Look forward to hearing from you.

Top Bottom