Scaffolding Urban Myths

Maybe not a myth more of a blag, a trainee I know purchased a wickes boat level (Professional Spirit Level - Measures - Hand Tools -Tools, Electrical & Plumbing - Wickes) rather than a stabila and when on his course some clown of an instructor called Andre at MANCAT in Manchester said he wasn't allowed to use it as he had an unfair advantage on the others and he was being serious and tried to make the lad buy a stabila from leaches !!!

There is a skills test already in place for part two and advanced but not for refreshers. As you say sit on it till January 2016

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

Scafftag is law

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

A harness will stop you falling

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Maybe not a myth more of a blag, a trainee I know purchased a wickes boat level (Professional Spirit Level - Measures - Hand Tools -Tools, Electrical & Plumbing - Wickes) rather than a stabila and when on his course some clown of an instructor called Andre at MANCAT in Manchester said he wasn't allowed to use it as he had an unfair advantage on the others and he was being serious and tried to make the lad buy a stabila from leaches !!!

Ill ask him

Manufacturers instructions for readylok are readily available
Readylok (SGB) Easyfix (Mills) Worked for both, used that system for both, never had to ledger brace them.

The modern ones, Manufactors ? Ledger bracing only required after 30 m.

What would you need a saw for ?

Exactly what i thought mate
facepalm12.jpg

last time i used the readylocks or dogbones we called them was on pizers at sandwich kent for sgb and sgb and there safety officer said we didnt need ledger braceing but i suppose somewhere down the line someones wrote a book and it changed lmfao!!!

Scaffolding urban myth, turning singles on tranny facing away from you on inside ledger and facing you on outside ledger makes the lift stronger :laugh:

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Or vice versa whichever way you are facing on the lift.

ive heard doing them up stops a slip hazzard when strikeing lol!!

Yes Dico, there are some who think scaffolding was only invented yesterday. lol.

ive heard doing them up stops a slip hazzard when strikeing lol!!

Yeah mate, that's what I always thought, stops your old joanna slipping off with the bolt out of the gate so you don't fall off.

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Scaffolding Urban Myth....Brickies/ Window fitters etc always put handrails back after they have removed them :laugh:

Urban myth; The NASC is the UK's regulator of scaffolding.

Using singles on standards on a splay with a double checking it

A tube must be 2 inch through the fitting

Top Bottom