scaffolding training

All i can say is you niave mother *******,
unions = ££££s for **** all, think about it? if they did owt we wouldnt be ere now argueing:confused:
Sccr = no hope,:notrust:
ecitb = non existent, never has been :laugh:
get a life ********* and fight for something worth fighting about.
Question: would you let a plumber fit your central heating without his corgi (no not the dog) ?
So whats all ya ploblems with having a RECOGNISED qualification like every other trade? instead of everybody else hating scaffs?
Stop draging ya knuckles lads and prove yourselfs,
its called evolution morons, its inevitable, it happened years ago,

ECITB never excisted to anyone xx

The problem with training is there is not enough experience based sections in the courses. We all know as a whole its an attendance course!

Why did all the private run training centres open?

Was it to satisfy the demand for scaffolders out there?

I thought the reason wages were so low at the moment was because there was not a lot of work out there.

Training should have been reviewed & stayed at the national training centres.

The skills in our industry with be lost with the way things are going, the standard of scaffolders is a lot poorer since all this training came in. Guys with tickets that are not capable of undertaking the work ahead of them.

SCCR has been going for over two years now & we have made a lot of progress. We are waiting on a meeting with the NASC & CISRS to discuss the standard of training & the way forward. We still have three meetings a year with the HSE & are progressing our ideas & goals within the industry.

Yes there has to be a qualification but once you have it why do you need to update it?

I have seen nothing change in scaffolding over the last 30 years that I could not have learnt & developed into my working day from information supplied. No need for more lost productive time & unnecessary money spent on sitting in a class room learning what I already know!!

Scaffolding is not rocket science its experience, its working with the guys round you & making a good job of it. Unfortunatly the crack went & I do not see it coming back!!!:wacko:

Ragscaff

Why did you give up plumbing, surely it has to be easier than scaffolding apart from the cold water, and I think it would pay better, a good plumber will charge you 90 bucks just for a call out, and to get a gas boiler serviced is almost the same 20 minutes work…

got sh1t on from a great height ,pay working for some 1 is around £8-10 lucky if you hit £12 thats with gas safe, started college september 2005 got a placement working 2/2.5 days a week in january 2006 on new builds (story homes who is now ranting on about getting apprentices on the go i i work for fek all marra on 1 of your sites now fek off )worked 2/2.5 days a week for near on 18 months for nothing just hoping i would get my nvq out of it ....it didnt materialise in the second year of college. i was in an accident in 2007 which put me out of work for about 5/6 weeks and in this 6 weeks the contract had finished and the plumber moved on (always said he was going to take me on gave me £200 bonus at christmas which i didnt recieve untill mid january 2007). so kept going to college got another placemant with a 1 man band paying £150 a week cash in about april 2007, 18 months,in this timei went to see about my nvq at college( just so happend the year i started college 2005 the nvq assessor retierd but agreed to finish the nvqs he'd started) i found out at college to ward the end of my 18mounths with the 1 man band that they had allready started the nvq but that assessor left for another job after a mounth and there was 1 starting in the next month i asked about getting on it the retirement was you had to be paid at lease £80 a week threw the books i said well am cash in hand he said if there is place's left youll be first inline, thinking there had been another 3 years worth of plumber training with out an nvq so 3 yr worth of plumbers were going to try and get on the nvq course, stuck at it for a few more week and having ask my boss to take me on the book he replied i can't afford , after a few weeks work went quite the boss said there be no work for 2 weeks on the friday txt me on the sat and said its picked back up 3 jobs have came in and i just never whent back and never looked back its not all its cracked out to be unless you work for your slefe then there the daily effot of chasing work its all word of mouth and when getting in to it you havent got a mouth marra .**** eh thats why i dont like seeing young lads come on here and sya there work for free thinkign the same as me you 99% of the time get **** on if there intrested in you they will pay you simples but some cant dipping the fittings for 12mounths for nothing is a bonus to the w@nkers like master

Good post marra, a warning to all and I gave just such a warning to a lad looking for a start the other night. Your better of on the spanners anyway marra that plumbing malarky is just for the nancy boys.

I am gona come clean...no names of course, I am a CITB scaffold trainer working for a main training provider.I would like to say that all the trainers care about teaching scaffolding to a good level... but I cant. I would like to say that the training centre cares that all training is carried out to a high standard...but I cant. YES its all about money. The training instructors are sub contractors charging 1500 a week, the training centre only cares about the money paid for the course or that the paperwork is filled out correctly to draw the money from funding. Last year I failed a lad on a part two CISRS course because he could not base out four standards correctly to erect a basic 2.0m x 2.0m tower. For this I was suspended from work pending an investigation as he had lied and made false accusations against me as advised by my fellow instructors. As a result he got signed off for the part two and has since returned in July 2012 and was given a full baic ticket without completing any final assessment in order to get him of the centre as fast as possible so as not to stop me from leaving site...he got a full qualification and the centre got paid....I think that says it all for the level of trainig

I am gona come clean...no names of course, I am a CITB scaffold trainer working for a main training provider.I would like to say that all the trainers care about teaching scaffolding to a good level... but I cant. I would like to say that the training centre cares that all training is carried out to a high standard...but I cant. YES its all about money. The training instructors are sub contractors charging 1500 a week, the training centre only cares about the money paid for the course or that the paperwork is filled out correctly to draw the money from funding. Last year I failed a lad on a part two CISRS course because he could not base out four standards correctly to erect a basic 2.0m x 2.0m tower. For this I was suspended from work pending an investigation as he had lied and made false accusations against me as advised by my fellow instructors. As a result he got signed off for the part two and has since returned in July 2012 and was given a full baic ticket without completing any final assessment in order to get him of the centre as fast as possible so as not to stop me from leaving site...he got a full qualification and the centre got paid....I think that says it all for the level of trainig

you have a problem at your place mate, we fail people all the time and 4 weeks ago failed a full course of apprentices, 9 in one go.

think its time for a review of all accredited centres especially after what geoff has just posted,all the tales are adding up now,its a pity the only thing geoff said they cared about was the money.

you have a problem at your place mate, we fail people all the time and 4 weeks ago failed a full course of apprentices, 9 in one go.

how do you mean failed them, both practical and theory or just 1 were do they go from here do they re site just the theory re sit just the 13ft indapendant? or do they have to do the course again and at extra cost? expand as i know a couple of people that failed but just resit the theory the same day and then passed obvusly they just failed the theory side

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Good post marra, a warning to all and I gave just such a warning to a lad looking for a start the other night. Your better of on the spanners anyway marra that plumbing malarky is just for the nancy boys.

was talking to a lad i work wid on the story's site the firs tplacemnt his all carded up and h8s it his pritty much the blue eyes of the frim when i wa son for them there was 4 of us the gaffer and 3 of us in the same yr at college 3 apprentice plumbing in house for him his on to a winner and not paying 1 of them now his got about 18 whent in to eletrical and allsorts, well this lads sick of it and thinking of getting out of it i sgest the fall back most do scaffolding and it was replyed by fek that , the other ld there i whent to college and his feking it of for a bar job in aus his going there next week lol so better off scaffing it now lol

fooking good to hear you actually fail people simian. most centres wouldnt dare .

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

9 in one go .thats some going .why ?

fooking good to hear you actually fail people simian. most centres wouldnt dare .

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

9 in one go .thats some going .why ?

They could not build the jobs, measure, plumb or level. During apprenticeship you go back to your company for three to four months getting experience and this crew must have been on the ground or in the yard. We will have them back in three months, the cost of them doing the same course twice will be borne by us as there is no more if they did the course 10 times but why put them out there if you have a reputation to maintain.

They could not build the jobs, measure, plumb or level. During apprenticeship you go back to your company for three to four months getting experience and this crew must have been on the ground or in the yard. We will have them back in three months, the cost of them doing the same course twice will be borne by us as there is no more if they did the course 10 times but why put them out there if you have a reputation to maintain.

Nice one Simian.

Is there a regulating body for scaffold trainers?

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Nice one Simian.

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

echo

I have just recently completed my part two at Astra access safety training and would like to thank all the staff and instructors for their help over the last two weeks, i would also add that all the facilities and scaffolding equipment were second to none.

if anyone is considering using Astra for any part 1 or part 2 i would highly recommend it, They are also working with barnsley college so i would contact them to see if you meet the criteria for funded training.

Again,

Thankyou astra training.

Second to none , does this mean you've been to all the training centres :unsure:

Nice one Simian.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Nice one Simian.

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

echo

Yes, cisrs for training and caa for nvq

So the answer is no.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Second to none , does this mean you've been to all the training centres :unsure:

More than one I think.

Do these organisations carry out any sort of quality checks and if they do how often?

It might be an idea to do what some retailers do and carry out secret shopper inspections where someone goes in and poses as s bloke taking their course. At least that way they would see the quality of the training first hand.

Who at CISRS is responsible for these poor training centres. We have information on more than one & I do believe someone at NASC, CISRS has a stake in one of them as a part owner!!!

Ragscaff

Top Bottom