scaffolding training

levelling a standard in using no effort at all. tighten the front of the swivel leave the back loose & just push or pull on the raker. well its new to me lol :)

What has the guy done so wrong; it’s a forum for young guys starting out in the game to come and ask questions and get some positive answers, he went and sat his part 2 and you cannot take that away from him, without it no one will employ him, so why do you find the course to be a joke when it will only be beneficiary to him. And what the feck are you talking about ecitb for,is this the ticket you have that you put 30 quid into and envelope years ago and got your scaff ticket back in the post…

And yes you are a Muppet for slating a lad that has gone from part 1,to part 2 in the correct manner

£30 quid jonny it was a fiver!!!! and what muppet woz i then jonny!! kermet or miss piggy i would go for kermet as i hate pink!!! i would give any young lad my support if he was keen even if he could scaffold or not anyway your not inportant to me so iam not gana bump me gums but will say one thing ive had a pint or two so today you can do one and fook off as for the courses there dated but the guys that teach it are first class they know the score but there hands are tied who are you anyway mr mosleys office clark zzzzz also did you know that you wont get on any decent paying indusrial job without a up to date ccnsg passport to safety card as you ante got a clue about ccnsg its a ecitb card!!! database the same as the other ecitb card that was on the database but will cost you £160 to 200 but you knew that anyway theve let david edwards chief exsecutive from ecitb keep this one as far as iam conserned its just one big rip off !!!

Last edited:
£30 quid jonny it was a fiver!!!! and what muppet woz i then jonny!! kermet or miss piggy i would go for kermet as i hate pink!!! i would give any young lad my support if he was keen even if he could scaffold or not anyway your not inportant to me so iam not gana bump me gums but will say one thing ive had a pint or two so today you can do one and fook off as for the courses there dated but the guys that teach it are first class they know the score but there hands are tied who are you anyway mr mosleys office clark zzzzz

I don’t have an issue with you, enjoy your pints as there is no pints were I am, but why slate a lad that has sat a course, just don’t make any sense to me, so if you’re going to be buoyant ,I have no choice but call you a Muppet

were agree to disagree!!!! i didnt slate the lad to his face or point the finger at him i was slateing the system!!! i know lads that have advanced tickets and cant set a bloody 8x8 tower out!! i think the correct word these days for a 8x8 is a 2.4 x 2.4 iam not gana beat around the bush yes iam bitter about the way the ecitb scaffolders have been treated yes my tickets have been funded now but it dont make it right!!! theve got away with murder!! iam gana draw a line under this thread now as we will just keep slagging each other off if youve been in the game long enough jonny you would of come across a lot of ecitb scaffolders most have said bo!!ocks and have retired as they couldnt be bothered but i learnte my career from them not just a quick wam bam thankyou mam course!!!!

were agree to disagree!!!! i didnt slate the lad to his face or point the finger at him i was slateing the system!!! i know lads that have advanced tickets and cant set a bloody 8x8 tower out!! i think the correct word these days for a 8x8 is a 2.4 x 2.4 iam not gana beat around the bush yes iam bitter about the way the ecitb scaffolders have been treated yes my tickets have been funded now but it dont make it right!!! theve got away with murder!! iam gana draw a line under this thread now as we will just keep slagging each other off if youve been in the game long enough jonny you would of come across a lot of ecitb scaffolders most have said bo!!ocks and have retired as they couldnt be bothered but i learnte my career from them not just a quick wam bam thankyou mam course!!!!

I totally agree with you regarding what these people charge for courses and what they have done to Ecitb old school scaffolders, cisrs are a law among themselves, for example ,if you were to travel to France with a UK driving licence you are permitted to drive in that country, That is not the case if you come from Australia with a Australian scaffolders ticket to work in the UK ,you simply won’t be allowed and have to sit all the courses again.. , which in my opinion is wrong, that is why when a British citizen travel to work in Australia there tickets are invalid and not recognised, the ozzies have not liked the way they were treated when entering Brittan to look for graft with their cards, so they basically said if this cisrs can do this to our people so can we. It is all wrong and need to be addressed; we all know that scaffolding comes with experience, not the piece of plastic in your rear pocket, let these guys prove it on a one day assessment course and if passed change their tickets over,

well respect to you jonny were on the level at last!!!! but weve been down that road already sccr leters from ragscaff!!!! local mps!!! unite the union who attend the cisrs courses whats that all about!! even a chat with mr mosley cisrs manager!!!!! but all you get is the blames with david edwards of ecitb!!this ticket is still in limbo and if i ever won the loto and had the funding for a lawyer!!! i would pump a good lump of cash into it!! coz you would win hands down and it would cost someone thosands its a no win case!!! weve had a lot of lads that used this forum that have had ecitb tickets but theve all done well in todays days climate and got sorted me being one of them but i carry a chip on my shoulders and i dont think i will ever let it go!!!!

I Think Your Quite Right Dico, The Way The Eitb Scaffolders Were Treated Is Terrible, The Thing Is If They (CISRS) Can Say To A Scaffolder With Thirty Years Of Experience He Is No Longer A Scaffolder (At The Stroke Of A Pen) Who Else In There Eyes Is No Longer A Scaffolder? Me You ? Its A Money Making Scam Thats All It Is Thats All It Will Ever Be.

i kid you not gerscaff ive seen job adverts on the internet applying for ecitb scaffolders and would you believe it cisrs scaffolders will be concidered depending on exsperience!!! most have been removed from the net by nasc or cisrs!!! yes theve done well as there reconised as the main scaffold body!!! but its take take take!!!! theres two much money involved and people high up are letting it happen when you get lads comeing on a cisrs course and they cant speak english and the poor trainner has to keep asking do you understand english and what iam saying!!! you know theve been told to say this to the lad thats paid his course fee its all about money and it stinks!!!!

All i can say is you niave mother *******,
unions = ££££s for **** all, think about it? if they did owt we wouldnt be ere now argueing:confused:
Sccr = no hope,:notrust:
ecitb = non existent, never has been :laugh:
get a life ********* and fight for something worth fighting about.
Question: would you let a plumber fit your central heating without his corgi (no not the dog) ?
So whats all ya ploblems with having a RECOGNISED qualification like every other trade? instead of everybody else hating scaffs?
Stop draging ya knuckles lads and prove yourselfs,
its called evolution morons, its inevitable, it happened years ago,

ECITB never excisted to anyone xx

unions = ££££s for **** all, think about it? if they did owt we wouldnt be ere now argueing:confused:
Question: would you let a plumber fit your central heating without his corgi (no not the dog) ?
So whats all ya ploblems with having a RECOGNISED qualification like every other trade? instead of everybody else hating scaffs?

I do like the bit about the gas boiler

couple of things there marra plumber is 1 of the only trades you dont need to be quallified in it to work, advertise. corgi is no longer its gas safe and you dont need to be gas safe to work central heating any 1 can do it you need to be gas safe to do any gas work and as central heating is hot water any 1 can do it gas work is actually gas pipes and gas appliances. #

i dont really know the crk with the ecitb and cisrs but i do feel i have been trained up to the current working practise after coming of me part 2 weather or not its better/ worse taining than whats was about with ecitb i crnt comment but i feel the training i was give on the course isnt something you pick up on the job who has the time to teach you how to actually do a splay or the correct way to do a caner truss out its more of a case of just do it this way no science na nout you crnt call you self quallified nor compitented with just the on site exp nor just the training it goes hand in hand in my opinion

Scaff1989,I have to disagree with you regarding the plumber bit, of course you need to be a qualified plumber, gas heats the water that heats a radiator, a plumber is a four yr. apprenticeship , afterwards you receive your cert,like everything else in the world technology is changing so fast meaning more courses more inventions more courses to sit especially a plumber, if you were to have an old joe soap fit a radiator and he flooded your house, the first thing your insurance company will ask. Can we have a copy of your plumber’s reg…

I am lost with this marra lingo

Would I let a plumber without a ticket fit my central heating.yes and he did.
Would I let a newby erect a scaffold around my house. no
Apparently were not a recognised trade,this allows course providers to flourish.
One ticket after another with refreshers. Were getting pushed from pillar to post,lining
other peoples pockets. Why?? £££££££. We have no one to turn to.
Perhaps the Sccr will change this one day.

Scaff1989,I have to disagree with you regarding the plumber bit, of course you need to be a qualified plumber, gas heats the water that heats a radiator, a plumber is a four yr. apprenticeship , afterwards you receive your cert,like everything else in the world technology is changing so fast meaning more courses more inventions more courses to sit especially a plumber, if you were to have an old joe soap fit a radiator and he flooded your house, the first thing your insurance company will ask. Can we have a copy of your plumber’s reg…

Not a dig Jonny but oor marra served his time as a plumber before being saved from the dark side to become a scaff. If anyone on here should know what the craic is it's him. I understand what he means, for a start not all systems are gas. The marra thing is just slang for mate.

I totally agree with you regarding what these people charge for courses and what they have done to Ecitb old school scaffolders, cisrs are a law among themselves, for example ,if you were to travel to France with a UK driving licence you are permitted to drive in that country, That is not the case if you come from Australia with a Australian scaffolders ticket to work in the UK ,you simply won’t be allowed and have to sit all the courses again.. , which in my opinion is wrong, that is why when a British citizen travel to work in Australia there tickets are invalid and not recognised, the ozzies have not liked the way they were treated when entering Brittan to look for graft with their cards, so they basically said if this cisrs can do this to our people so can we. It is all wrong and need to be addressed; we all know that scaffolding comes with experience, not the piece of plastic in your rear pocket, let these guys prove it on a one day assessment course and if passed change their tickets over,

Good point jonnybegood. I agree with the ticket thing though. All these businesses are in it to make money so to allow people from other countries to work under their own tickets would be losing a lot of revenue.Kiwis have to change their tickets to work in Oz too.
Not sure about the driving licences though as everyone has european licences these days in UK. You can drive in most countries with a UK licence. In Philippines its for a maximum of 3 months then you must get a Filipino one. I recently got mine, no test required although a couple of years ago the Filipino government insisted UK nationals took a test purely on the basis that Filipinos had to in UK. So tit for tat does still exist. I can remember the International licence that you could get from the RAC and AA that used to be needed to drive abroad. Then again I can remember the bank writing how much foreign currency you had changed from sterling in the back of your passport as well.;)

did plumbing for nearly 4 years and when i think about i it seems it has resemlences to ectib/cisrs as it use to be citb course and then changed over to city and guilds althow if you did have your citb you had it you enevr had to site any city and guilds and it woul of been a night mare its a full time course 2.5 day a week so for that reason i believe it just wasnt work making them re train due to time spent loosing money, the thing with city and guilds is the got 100's og want to be plumber on courses fo get paid by the gover ment and did not care fi any dropped out after the first term they got paid. the thing is a combi boiler has a gas feed in the middle ither side is flow and return and ither side of them hot a cold water once a boiler is in and piped up gas the condencate piep and the relieve pipe from there any 1 can run in cold hot supply to any part of the house and any 1 can run the heating to any part of the house they are just not alowed to a take the cover off the boiler and b plumbin gas, the gas part come under gas flow condensate and reliefe pipe, in condence bolier not only that just cause your gas safe dont mean you can do all gas works the course elemnt requires you pic 2 subjects most people go for boilers and fire but then gthere storage heater cookes lpg and oil but most only do the 2 minimun and they are fire s and boilers so even if a gas reg man come to fit your cooker they might not be quallyifed to do it marra, they have sort been stung more than us they have to pay 2,500 every few years to refresh there gas safe tickets do the fukl course again, supose its like scaff have to have a ticket for hanger have to have a diffrent ticket for indapendants have to have a ticket for beam work and can not touch any other side of scaffolding other than hand rails how bad would that be for the industirey?

Why did you give up plumbing, surely it has to be easier than scaffolding apart from the cold water, and I think it would pay better, a good plumber will charge you 90 bucks just for a call out, and to get a gas boiler serviced is almost the same 20 minutes work…

Top Bottom