Scaffolders required with Magnox clearance

hope something comes up soon spook

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

will send you my mobile ok spook

I dont think its the agencies that you should be venting your anger on lads. Dont forget, its the contractors that are offering the agencies the sub contracts.
If all these sites are indeed blue book, which I am not clued up about on power stations, then surely the main contractors are the ones trying to lower the wages on these sites, not the agencies?
Its just a personal opinion on my behalf and I might be wrong, but if the main companies are cutting down on blue book, then I find this worrying...
@john the manc,
you are quite right there mate. as an agency we do not get to state whether a site is blue book or not, thats down to the client we also do not get to specify the rates. The companies themselves set the rates AND whether digs are included, it is then our choice on whether we agree to the rates or try our best to get them up. The reason we pay via payroll or umbrella companies is that if no digs / expenses are confirmed by the client then the Scaffs can at least claim back as much as possible through the umbrella company. The agency themselves do not gain anything from paying the lads through umbrella.
I totally understand the frustration alot of people on here have in regard to agencies as there are way too many bad ones out there that just go with whatever rate the company specify to get the business. This is the exact reason there are so many bad agencies out there paying wages that are not acceptable.
Just thought id post as we use the site alot and have used many lads and still are from here on powerstations and sites all over the UK,
All the best lads

I agree to an extent

If the agencies could embrace the umbrella scheme themselves then they would have a far better chance of getting decent guys to come under there wing , working with agencies is just hassle that guys dont want to do unless they have nothing else.

If the agency could oversee all PAYE and dig money/expenses then it would be a step in the right dircetion

Yeah i agree there too. although hmrc regulations make it extremely difficult for agencies to pay workers directly nowadays. this is why some of the real big agencies set up their own umbrella companies and blagg that they are nothing to do with the agency themselves. but i do totally agree with you it would be much better all round.
cheers

I know that Tom, but its so much hassle getting started and going to an umbrella company to set up getting your expenses for people who have never used them before, I dont know the ins and outs regarding payment by agencies but there must surely be some way to reimburse the bears for money thats outlayed because its not pennies we are talking about , it can run into a few hundred a week on digs and fares/petrol

Yeah your right it can be hassle sending in the claims forms and receipts if requested every week but as it stands its the only way to claim the expenses back. I-paye are a firm that we have used and the lads paid through them have been happy with the expenses they have received base don digs etc. previously receipts werent asked for so lads were basically maxing out the expenses as much as possible but now alot more of the umbrella companies are now asking for receipts which makes it harder. the best way all around is for the agencys to stick to decent rates which will help the lads out with digs etc and then they can also claim via the umbrella at the same time

also to spook, yes the job is ours and all details have been sent to get the clearance proceedures in motion as it seems they are extremely strict on this as you probably know. anyone without clearance at all would take up to 6 weeks to be cleared. fortunately this is just one of the smaller jobs were are doing. we have 3 powerstations starting from March onwards which all that is needed is safety passports and the usual cisrs etc. alot of the lads on here that work for us every year know about these.
cheers

Tom?

What exactly is Magnox clearance?
Like Nuclear clearance?

hi jason, how are you mate, you called the office this morning didnt you?
can you call me i have something else for you too.

magnox clearance is attained if you have worked on a magnox site previously. they are sites that produce plutonium so they are obviously extremely strict on this. bradwell and sizewell A are also magnox sites among others. cheers mate

I spoke to Barbara yesterday.

It'll have to be a couple of days is thats OK please?
Been cramped up and shiiting all over the place for the last few days - even yesterday i was bad - threw up on the train home and all.

Ill bell you?

Jason it was tombhoy21 that asked if you called the office bud not me lol

cheers jason cheers for that lol call me or barb when your off the loo
tom

magnox clearance has just been changed now im with hertel at the mo and they have introduced a anti terrorism and it clarence that takes ten weeks two come throught and its lot more detailed than the old basic disclosure from scotland yard as of 1st march no one will get in a nuclear reactor without it

i must have both then as i was workin for hertel and only got the clearance in november???

hello spook, have you heard any news on the powerstation cheers mate

Yeah he only givin 150 a shift and even if u go with the umbrella company you take home 660 after tax,then u have to pay your digs and then your food and travel,not worth our while,that's why the game is fucked I'm outa work at the min but I'm not prostituting myself,it's meant to be blue book so let sum other locals take it. Jeremy Kyle and loose women here I come, Oh I forgot dickos real deal

Top Bottom