Scaffolders required in London Bridge, induction provided!

Hey John. I was.
Farringdon now.
With Brendan Gillivan
And Warren Goodyear.
Oh and Paul Spraggs....

herd that a few probs at Farrington with supervision the other week ?with power supply and long tube,be careful m8.

I ve read on here. Description of what happened did not match the actual chain of events that led to near miss.
I was in limited access area underneath locating back propping locations and building.
However what went on was not as dramatic as it was described in the story.
Seems like there is a lot of fishing fanatics on here.
Catch little fish and tell everyone about man eating great white.

I am careful- just stopped little job in finsbury due to close proximity of return current OLE.
Challenged the Coss yet he was reporting back to site agent we were 5-6 meters away.
From the standard to underside of OLE , horizontally, was 1.8m. We were going up , juice was on and I had to insist on additional evaluation. Agent came up- agreed.
I am concerned this fella(coss) was so confident its 5 m. Poor judgment on his part.

Keep up the good work slav.we will meet again soon ,you should not have gone from black Frairs some of the day shift higher Rarkee was wrong.

I ve left because i did not agree with lay offs.
So i ve left letters of resignation.

I ve enjoyed intensity of accelerated delivery when i was out there.

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

I ve left because i did not agree with lay offs.
So i ve left letters of resignation on right desks.

I ve enjoyed intensity of accelerated delivery when i was out there.
Plus i walked in on new job where i ve met really good guys and ended up being on Olympic Overlay Team.

Hey lads , just back from an interview , for supervisors job , London breedge,, 23 year old Swedish bird interviews me , and says are you Scottish ? I say aye ,, I've heard youse are the well hung and the best spenders in UK ,,, I say that's right hen , what's the salary ? She says 50 large ,,,, whit about dig money , she says , no you stay with me ,,,I say do I get hardship money for that ? Something fishy here , methinks

Hey lads , just back from an interview , for supervisors job , London breedge,, 23 year old Swedish bird interviews me , and says are you Scottish ? I say aye ,, I've heard youse are the well hung and the best spenders in UK ,,, I say that's right hen , what's the salary ? She says 50 large ,,,, whit about dig money , she says , no you stay with me ,,,I say do I get hardship money for that ? Something fishy here , methinks

Hvae you got a number mate?

For the Swedish bird.

It's not the actual job, it's the supervisors on there.
You get one 30 min break in a 12 hour shift, yes we all know its illegal, but if you complain, they just say get your tools and f.uck off if you don't like it, people getting sacked for no glasses, no warnings just sacked, as a few lads found out, everyone back stabbing each
other, the moral on the job is shocking, it's depressing to say the least.
Plus loads more, to many to mention.

100% right.
Additionally:

Supervisors all in a line, nodding like dogs to the main contractor briefing, agreeing with everything said AND adding their 'safety tips' only to get out on site and completely go against what was said in the briefing... the words: "if you dont like it, f.uck off home", used frequently.

No job specific eriefing from Supervisors AT ALL...just: " sign this and get back to work".

Many times there was no hot running water, sometimes no running water at all in the toilets - nothing done about it.

3 portaloo's onsite for a 400 man job, get caught going to the proper locker room toilets, instead of those manky 'thunder boxes', they wanna throw you off the job.

People asking to enter incidents in the accident book, only to be told: "never mind that, get back to work or go home!"

Never ever got the right PPE in the stores... or the right equipment.
Scaffolders having to beg the Costain (main contractor) storeman for gloves/glasses, due to the Palmers stores either not having any or not wanting to hand it out.

Canteen system is crap... 100 men queuing to be served by one person, sit down, eat, swallow last bit, straight up and back to work.

Constantly moving the 14th day from Saturday, to Sunday to basically any day they wanted at the drop of a hat, AFTER lads had already booked their tickets home.
Then told: "we need you in this weekend, stay in London and work, or go back up north and dont bother coming back".

More grass(es) on that job, then on the turf at Wembley Stadium.

Gear miles away from where your working... and i do mean miles.
You'd erect all night, only to find the next day shift had struck what you did and use your gear somewhere else... then for you to strike THEIR job and re-erect it basically the same way, due to the managements total inability to communicate with each other and the dayshift and nightshift to actually work together.

Jobs full of friends, brothers and cousins/drinking buddies... who you NEVER see at work, only at the swipe machine and hometime.

Subbies and Agency getting MORE an hour then the Scaffolders and much better treated, which makes no sense to me.

I could go on and on.

Give it a go John.
Remember: one mans junk, is another mans treasure.

Geez,there is no wonder i'm struggling to let go of my market stall and go back on the spanner when I read posts like what Jason has wrote,nobody should have to put up with that ****,i'm surprised the chargehands aint been knocked out,think I would get sacked after 5 minutes if they tried talking to me like that.

Seriously.
I mean im a whinger anyway, but loads went on on that job that was just out of order.
EVERYONE hated it on nights... days, different story, but nights, everyone was miserable.

Cant really get away with knocking people out on the job either.
You'd be nicked for sure and as its a PTS job, you'd have your card taken off you.

Easier to walk away.

Dont listen to me, im a prick :), theres plenty here who might like it.
Especially if they have brought in a few decent Foreman. I know that little Scottish knob Jimmy Ferns is gone... he was one of the problems there.

Top Bottom