Scaffolders required in London Bridge, induction provided!

Scaffolders required in London Bridge, must have PTS and already inducted by main contractor on site (Costain)

Start date: 23/02/13
12 hours per day

Part 1 £13 p/h
Part 2 & Advance £16 p/h

email cv's to jet@rightstaff4u.com

Rightstaff4U
02380 767180
07990 571142

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Back in Holland 1996 but it was 10 hours nothing extra for overtime.

What happened to the dig money and the overtime rate?

Though site induction were free anyway.its mandatory to have one before you can work on this well paid project.

surely the company has to meet the costs.when I said it was free I was looking at a scaffolders point of view who is actually employed by the company.

10•50= 500 and not 200 can ya count

Exactly daroscaff 10 hours X $50 X 400 men = $ 200,000

Sometimes it is better to keep quiet and let people think you are a fool instead of opening your mouth and making them certain of it.

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

surely the company has to meet the costs.when I said it was free I was looking at a scaffolders point of view who is actually employed by the company.

Exactly John the company has to pay the costs, just as it pays the costs for PPE, when it rains and the lads are cabined up. Always good to take the blinkers off once in a while mate.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Last edited:
Blinkers are off a lot ,may be that's my problem I should focus more on what's in front of my nose and not around me,but supervisor instinct is to check as much as you can and as quick as possible.

You have to look at every angle. If you tender correctly and the client accepts it and you include your induction costs, PPE costs, transport costs and inclement weather costs etc. in your schedule of rates or lump sum price then the costs are put onto the client. In the case of oil and gas producers they do not want to cut their profit margin so they pass this extra cost onto the consumer i.e. the scaffolders when they are putting fuel in the car or cooking chips on a gas oven. So in effect the scaffolders have paid for their own induction. Its what is known as a vicious circle I think.

Funny but sadly true. Take London Bridge for example. Cost of inductions taken by the scaffolding contractor they pay the scaffolders a lower rate to compensate.Cost of inductions taken by main contractor they cut overtime or penny pinch on extras, variations etc which affects the scaffolding contractor which affects the scaffolders. Cost of inductions taken by client they increase transport costs which affects scaffolders travelling into London by train from places like Kent, Sussex and Essex.

Funny but sadly true. Take London Bridge for example. Cost of inductions taken by the scaffolding contractor they pay the scaffolders a lower rate to compensate.Cost of inductions taken by main contractor they cut overtime or penny pinch on extras, variations etc which affects the scaffolding contractor which affects the scaffolders. Cost of inductions taken by client they increase transport costs which affects scaffolders travelling into London by train from places like Kent, Sussex and Essex.

why dont u just giv us a loaded gun!!!????...........who in there rite mind would go in2 our industry after hearing that???...its sad...truely iz.:(:(:(

Thanks to Mighty, Jason and the other scaffolders who've posted about this job. Hope it'll lead to better conditions, but doubt it ll stop the needy and greedy.
Could I raise the point that as a job feed, the posts should be proactive towards employment or advise about the jobs there.
I know there's better rate's and don't like to see anyone being taken advantage of.
Let's try and keep this a Forum for career advancement and aid to one another.

Isn't giving other scaffs a warning about **** jobs proactive?
And after rat wall ( jet) being outed as a serious knocker shouldn't he be banned from advertising to save blokes from the same fate?

Your right Pug, not criticising a comment made about him. Your bang on.
I've read previous on the agency. And your right. My only point. If the inductions are open again, should open it to other agencies who at worst can offer work with a better paid agency, as Palmers won't take on directly. With any chance what was offered travel and digs with the job originally, but see what happens

Last edited:
Sometimes it is better to keep quiet and let people think you are a fool instead of opening your mouth and making them certain of it.

LOL GONNA AHVE TO USE THIS ALONG WITH THE OTHER QUOTE FROM ANOTHER THREAD BUT GETS ME WONDERING HSWT......WHOS SAID THIS TO YOU B4 ;):laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom