scaffolders olympics,interested?

The quickest to chew a Standard Scaffolding Board in two LOlooo

How about the quickest to erect a band and Plate Scaffold with two 6 " nails---it can be done, has anyone else done it ???;)

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Band + Plate + Captain Cooks...

i ken that trick garry an old friend was shown it by a gadgey fae the granite city you might know,i think they were working at st fergus a while back

lookin up a 21 balanced in your hands,or standing a 21 up while kneelin whith out touching the floor with the tube,or while standing adding fittings to one end till you get to sleaves and butts.

i ave a bit of the olympics phil 16 fives at once check stand long up topped out or with doubles on it check lol lol

beaten to it ?

Turner launches scaffolding Olympics - KHL Group

UK firm Turner Access Ltd is to hold a scaffolding competition in 2013 which it claims will not only showcase the fastest scaffolding teams in the country but will also highlight best practice and statutory regulations.

In 1995, two scaffolders from Turner Access entered into the Guinness World Record book for erecting a 100m² scaffold in less than 26 minutes. While the assembly was speedy, by today’s standards it may not have met health and safety guidelines. Bearing this in mind, Turner is to hold another scaffolding competition next year, to measure speed against today’s statutory regulations.

“The previous world record was established before 1996 when UK statutory regulations changed; the scaffolding industry introduced double guardrails and began to consider method in relation to use of harnesses,” explained Ian Wilson, managing director, Turner Access.

Further work at height regulations were introduced in 2005. Today’s regulations require that everyone working at height prevent the risk of fall, and maximise work activity on the ground.

The competition will be open to all qualified scaffolders. Turner Access will make available all necessary equipment and training to scaffolders wishing to compete. The dates of the competition are to be announced.

“Britain performed exceptionally well in London 2012 and it was a fantastic celebration of competition and achievement. The top medals this time are for scaffolders and we look forward to recognising the very best in our business,” said Mr Wilson

i worked wiv a bloke in exeter who reckons he competed in the last scaffold games and he reckons they won it and wen they looked into the reason for them gettin disqualified it come to light that it was fixed as to the same company always winning it !!! dont if this is true... i know one year my brother-in-law and another 40 scaffs from down devon way went to it and competed was a great day out and crack... deffo up for goin to the new games...

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

i'm pretty sure chris butlin had the record for picking up 16 fives. mite be wrong though.

i worked wiv a bloke in exeter who reckons he competed in the last scaffold games and he reckons they won it and wen they looked into the reason for them gettin disqualified it come to light that it was fixed as to the same company always winning it !!! dont if this is true... i know one year my brother-in-law and another 40 scaffs from down devon way went to it and competed was a great day out and crack... deffo up for goin to the new games...

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

remember something about this fix years ago when I went to scaffold games in London one year and all hell broke out, what was the name of the Exeter scaff you worked with?

Will suggest a section where you have to secure 20 x 13' 5 board fleets with your chosen method...board clips, limpets, lashing or Safelinx. I know who my money would be on!

Me too Nick. There was a time when I would of been all over this like a rash but the board tying is now my last hope.

steve knight i think was the chargehand and gary nichols good scaffs they reckon one ov the london firms who kept winnin it was mateys father-in-law and he was one ov the judges !! dont know if its true or not...

Top Bottom