scaffolders olympics,interested?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIMP-gY6irU&feature=related]YouTube - Culley Scaffold Pole Vault[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgaHjIrPZ-Q&feature=related]YouTube - 21ft with 15 doubles[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClVtwsPjHqc&feature=related]YouTube - needed to get it back to the yard[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnV9da1AvtM&playnext_from=TL&videos=pdrl2ApL7vs]YouTube - Dropping a 21ft tube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP-sByA-wtQ&feature=related]YouTube - Pride Of Ramport : Nath carrys 3 21ft long tube![/ame]

who gives a feck---I give a feck---these events are a source of pride and rankings---like under ground Cage Fighers---Scaffolders are competative---and every one is a contender...
thanks gary ,you look and sound like a true scaff,not like some on here ,only arsed about ,being a monkey grinder,are you interested in givin me a hand in the organisation of it all,thanks phil..

Aye, Scaffy Doooo---inter-stella Galactica eh M8...aye Bud yer a tryer, have yi got a start yet man...

Phil

This is my 38 th year before the Mast and still surfing the steel, might not be as quick as I once was but could still learn the young Blood a thing or two LOLooo---I'll help out the best I can Phil---I certainly hope it comes to pass, aye, count me in M8...:nuts:

Who gives a **** who can do what
who can top a long out with a five on his kness with his cock in his hand whistling dixie
who cares
what about who can put up the quickest 20 ft independant in record time
if your that good get on price
who gives a ****
ive been scaffolding for 19 years and i know that the ones who say there this or there that usaully means they know **** all

and thats a fact
phil watts,you sound like your are depressed mate,maybe it will cheer you up?

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

phil watts,you sound like your are depressed mate,maybe it will cheer you up?
ps you sound like you are not earning enough on price ,go quicker then?:(

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

Well said Rambo Adams. I give a feck 2. Where has all the fun gone. We use to see who could cut a tube the fastest with pipe cutters then hacksaws. See how long it took to cut through a 13" board with a swiss army knife. most guys took part for the laff but there was always the ones that said it was stupid it was usualy them that sat in the tea shack in the corner by themselves
phil watts super scaff,,, i like the swiss army knife idea mate ,that will be a good event,the quickest to cut through a railway sleeper,with a swiss army knife,

not on the steller yet m8te if i gett a start then ill buy a round iin

The quickest to chew a Standard Scaffolding Board in two LOlooo

How about the quickest to erect a band and Plate Scaffold with two 6 " nails---it can be done, has anyone else done it ???;)

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Band + Plate + Captain Cooks...

scaff olympics

Last time i heard about the scaffold olympics i was on my advanced course many moons ago in Bircahm Newton and the instructor said there was an event like that being held at Brogan scaffolding yard in London with all sorts of events like the higest top up , fastest ladder run , ladder beam bench press and from what i can remember there was a event in which you had to build 60ft 3 lifts and there was a two handed gang from Sidmouth who had the fastest time of twenty minutes and i think if you google it you may find it , but maybe its like a chinese whisper as it was not this big but infact it was this BIG!!!!

Phil, Me and my brother took part in 1987 I think it was at Carshalton. They stopped and started the clock to "check the job for loose fittings" so we reckon they messed about with our time. We put up and stripped a tube and fitting independent 20ft long, 5 boards wide and 14ft high in 38mins and got 13th place! They couldn't have two sweaty-socks taking any of their prize money could they? I have photos of the event send me an E-Mail and I'll send them to you if you want.

When I was at Bircham we had a little comp. Names in hat - 1 charge hand, 1 fixer and 1 labourer. 20 ft independent, 3 lifts. Only top lift boarded with single guardrail and toeboards ( it was 1992 ) fastest gang to erect wins. Got our pictures in CITB yearly mag. Was great fun. Anyone else that was at Bircham do that ?

Scaff Olympics

I am 54 years young and can remember the first Scaff Olympics held in Kent within a field of a Manor house / Hotel. It was a blast to be involved and watching the more athletic amongst us run with 5 5ft's along a series of "single boards" lashed together 6ft off the ground for about 100ft and up and down sea saws.

Injuries were plenty, me also.:sick:

One lad was throwing 5's up onto his second lift while is mate was fixing, down it came, right on his bonce, no hard hat.

14 5's was the most picked up from a standing point.

5 long was the most stood up and then carried 50ft and laid down not slung.:wacko: (old tube) not this light weight stuff we use today.

I think it is a good idea, but it would have to scaled down and body protection worn methinks. :D

Top Bottom