Scaffold Inspectors Course

ive heard its a two day course for site managers R.E PERSIMMON HOMES,TAYLOR WIMPY.Its so they can tell us how to errect scaffolds correctly.There courses thats done by people that dont have a clue about scaffolding and there passing all there inmformation on to others that dont have a clue about scaffolding.Dont worry about it

Steve,do you have a link to back up what youve been told,as i have both the level3 NVQ,and the advanced inspectors cert,but ive been told i have to do the touchscreen at the end of the supervisors course in order to apply for the ticket,dont see why i should be 42 quid out of pocket for a touch test i may not need.Any help would be appreciated,cheers Daz..

i was actually on the phone to cisrs this morning heres what i was told. If you have an Advanced NVQ level 3 gold card and a 2 day advanced inspection certificate that was done after march 2007 then you have to re-take the supervisors touchscreen health and safety test. Or the working at heights touchscreen test. After going down to the small print it also turns out that if you hold a valid CCNSG safety passport you do not have to take the touchscreen test. you can just apply for the inspection card. but it ill only be valid for 2 years then a refresher has to be done every 2 years.. in general its just another rip off for the working man £23.50) and rest assured the SCCR is working on it.

sorry daz this was the horses mouth direct from cisrs..

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Hi Steve

What about Advanced Card holders from the pre NVQ time?

Does this mean that we need to do NVQ's (I think i've read something along these lines on another thread). I don't know if you [the man in the know] can shed any light on the matter?

Cheers:confused:

After some looking into this we all have the Goverment to thank for NVQ or NOT. My right hand man assures me that originally NASC objected but when they realised that they would loose the cisrs scheme they very quickly soon backed down.. she did say gold card advanced NVQ level 3. again the SCCR will be working on it and rest assured we will be ready for the showdown...

Re : Scaffold Inspection Cards

Any updates on this ?

As I would have thought that existing supervisors and maybe others should have grandfather rights to the card, and why have to keep renewing, surely they can be added to our existing cards, after all the CISRS now has the monopoly on its administration.

The training courses we have previously been on, are these now not recognised?

And I have just had a check on the web, and there are lots of training providers still offering scaffold inspection courses that are outside of the CISRS scope, so are these a waste of time.

utn at wakefield are the first to do the course and send off for your advanced inspectors gold card course is took by a scaff great lad just done it this week 9 on the course were all scaffs

I work at the National Constrution college deliveing the course any qustion ?

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

The real CISRS carded course ran for the 1st time 2 weeks ago at the National Constrution College I know this for a fact because I ran it, so if you have paid money for anything else you have been had sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The course was only developed a few weeks before that so, what the MOD is running I do not know...............

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

PS It's run by a Scaffolder not clueless office staff.
Cannot belive they let you lose Mr Davies? you still on a diet.

Share the Love not the sweets?

Top Bottom