Scaff step

scaff step

been talking to scaff step manufacturer regarding them being used for tube and fitting scaffolds. they dont recommend the step to be used to top off any standard. I've found they are useless on four standard towers, six standard independents and independents with short returns if you are staggering your standards.

they are rubbish basically

unfortunately we got to use them at all times,even got my own personal one that i have liberated from the stores lol,as steve gregory said theres other options to prevent falls.

surely you can work your hemps out so there above the handrail, or for the odd one that clashes we stick a 5ft punch up in just off the standard to get the handrail in, leave it in and its there on the way down too

we put both handrails in off the step for boarded lifts, and i will put short toppers in from it.

my biggest arguments are that the platfrom is bloody small so theres no room to move if you lose balance, and its reccommended that an enertia lanyard is used but surely this should be the rule not a suggestion. like others have said there are other systems

for towers 4std in particular sure 3 alloy tubes and a few doubles and you can make your own advance system

Top Bottom