Scaff step

Because at some point there will always be a leading edge when raising or lowering boards. If every job was fully boarded then you might get away with it but most will still ask for it. In fact, you still need it to climb the step. No onder we get confused.:confused:

If it's fully boarded then an appropriate risk assessment and method statement can be produced to allow for not needing a harness, but to be honest you would need to be pretty sure of your paper work and your men before you could do this. It's just easier to make you wear a harness, sorry.

Scaff step what do you think of them? Load of crap
been talking to scaff step manufacturer regarding them being used for tube and fitting scaffolds. they dont recommend the step to be used to top off any standard. I've found they are useless on four standard towers, six standard independents and independents with short returns if you are staggering your standards.

I went on dragons den with a sky hook. I am now worth a fortune!!!!!

Next time I go in I am taking a long weight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oh thats it :D:D

Actually mate 'sky hooks' have been used for a few years now by some of the leading contractors in the UK.

They're actually a very quick, easy and reusable way of dealing with trailing leads on site - SkyHooks Cable Support - Cable Hook About Us

Note the yellow hooks are suitable to be hooked over a scaffold tube at one end.

Actually mate 'sky hooks' have been used for a few years now by some of the leading contractors in the UK.

They're actually a very quick, easy and reusable way of dealing with trailing leads on site - SkyHooks Cable Support - Cable Hook About Us

Note the yellow hooks are suitable to be hooked over a scaffold tube at one end.

Nice one mate, i might introduce these at my next H&S meeting, more so with the darker winter working conditions and STF's reduction, thanks again phil.

been talking to scaff step manufacturer regarding them being used for tube and fitting scaffolds. they dont recommend the step to be used to top off any standard. I've found they are useless on four standard towers, six standard independents and independents with short returns if you are staggering your standards.

Scaff older

When working on 4 & 6 standard towers even with a single lanyard you can maintain a clip on point quite easily until you get your single rail in so I wouldn't bother with the step. As for short returns, get your main bulk of the rail in off the step then deal with any returns that cause problems from above while clipped on.

I have been using the step in various forms for the past 5 or 6 years, and I have to say, if you bother to invest a little time and effort and buy into the concept, they really are quite a good bit of kit.

Last edited:
I now have a 3' Ali butt with a double in the middle, when i come to awkward or short returns etc, i attach it at any angle i want and hook my step on.

Maybe we could patent a step like this with a tube already in the jaws of the step and just wrap it on a std at required height, sssh dont tell anyone though, they might pinch our design Copyright SCCR;)

Sake Paddy, exactly how many frogs have you got on that belt of yours?

Sake Paddy, exactly how many frogs have you got on that belt of yours?

Dont be silly AOM, on my belt,indeed. I have 2 Carabiners, from the back of my Harness, clipped to my soon to be mandatory, free fall parachute pack, with a additional appendage to attach the 'Step up'.

aaagh, get oot ma heid get oot ma heid!!

right o matey, i am gone:sad:

However, will be back soon to open the 2nd case, and pepperoni pizza is a warming,;)

Alistair, my dear friend :embarrest:would you like a piece of my Pizza and a can? hope you are not upset at me?:D

A Pizza and a can would go down well right now Paddy, home alone as she who must be obeyed is doing lunch with pals, no sign of dinner yet. She is going to have to go.:cool:

A Pizza and a can would go down well right now Paddy, home alone as she who must be obeyed is doing lunch with pals, no sign of dinner yet. She is going to have to go.:cool:

Aye mate, send her to the offy, and when she gets back, send her oot for a takeaway;)

sounds like a braw idea, I hate these early kick off's, not worth doing anything before the game and it's too late to do anything after it. Or am I just a fat lazy scaff?:noworry:

Top Bottom