Sagittarius Recruitment

hi ive worked for james in the past had no proplems hes a fair man the moneys always been there .jerry from bath

My own personal rule of thumb is never work for an agency that won't allow my own preferred umbrella company to process payments , From personal experience the ones that insist that you are paid via their choice of company are usually out to warm your arse :unsure:

Octain would top my list always paid the agreed hours at the agreed rate and happy to have my payments made via I-Paye - Home

I worked for you as a labourer when I first came to London,I never said I was on for you as a scaffolder.I stand by what I say but if any one wants to work for you after this thread Im sure they wont have any problems now.As for revealing my name I dont have the luxury of my own company so Im most certainly not revealing my name to you on here,you could say its a trust thing.

yes podger i agree tom and adam at octain are pretty decent lads also must say forfront are honest to.

I'm really really enjoying this thread, i always like to see people squirm. You can tell the Bullshi'tters from the real Scaffs a mile off.

James eight years scaffolding!! Where & what ticket???:eek:
Morning Stew! As you already know I dont have a CISRS card and dont profess to be a scaffolder but I have been supplying trainee, basic, advanced scaffolders, supervisors, CAD designers and contract managers along with other trades to the industry for almost 8yrs now!!

ive worked for james a few on and off over the years and had no problems with jobs, pay or hrs..if your any good he will look after you if he can..and if your not he wont simple...have worked for a few agency over the years and his firm is by far the best...only saying as i find..

I last worked for Forefront 3 weeks ago for a shutdown lasting 2-3 weeks Drove 250 miles each way to Kent paid £110 digs 40 miles from the job as it was all I could find in the short time I had. I then found the shutdown was finishing that Friday and Alltask were pulling their men out on the Friday, I thought oh well lets get a week out of it. When I got paid I only had 4 days pay not 5 even though I had signed in and out every day and signed the risk assessments daily, according to Alltask I was not there on the Tuesday (who put the f*****g work up then)
Alltask at fault not Forefront they pay the hours they get paid.
I phoned the Alltask Supervisor to ask him to chase it up as I was not getting anywhere with Forefront, he put the phone down on me and said it was not his problem.
Just let me say that I have worked for Forefront and Alltask before without any problems but what do you do in cases like this ? if you go off on one you limit the amount of work out there its a sh**ty situation.

Had my money and an apology from a man at Alltask !

As for James Edgington (Sagittarius) I have worked for him on many occasions and any problems have always been resolved quickly but all agencies tendering for jobs need to know if they can supply labour and sometimes these jobs don't happen which leaves us hanging on the end of a telephone.

Last edited:
i worked for this agency wen it was initial on didcot powerstation we got promised a gud run of work and only got a week or so and ended up chasing our money .this was 5 years ago so dont know wot there like now but personally i wouldnt work for them agen

sagittarius but it was initial back then like i said dont know much about them now only worked for them once they mite av changed .we did av problems getting paid ..we did eventually get our money .the last thing the lads want is to be chasing money ...av you had any problems with this agency before .octain forefront minstrell and rullion alltrades are the better agencies money always there and no lying just to get you on the job .......

no not work'd for sag,filled some forms in for them to get on a job they say is comin up so not sure what to do after what's been said on here,work'd for an agy a bit back called WORKTEMP w&^nker's burnt my arse to f$*k!!!!!!!

i would prob give them a go mate am talking 6 years ago wen i worked 4 them and they wa under a different name so they mite be ok .but after wot the boys av bin saying on here i would b finking twice agencies have a bad name but when the industry is on its arse at the moment you got to take wot you can i fink a list of good and bad agencies should be posted on here to save us scaffs getting messed about .

i'll probably give them a go cos round my way there's no scaff work at all!!!!im havin to travel an hour to manchester every day just to pay the bill's

its a nitemare mate i avnt worked for six weeks wot savings i had are slowly dwindling away hope things turn out well for you with sag

I last worked for Forefront 3 weeks ago for a shutdown lasting 2-3 weeks Drove 250 miles each way to Kent paid £110 digs 40 miles from the job as it was all I could find in the short time I had. I then found the shutdown was finishing that Friday and Alltask were pulling their men out on the Friday, I thought oh well lets get a week out of it. When I got paid I only had 4 days pay not 5 even though I had signed in and out every day and signed the risk assessments daily, according to Alltask I was not there on the Tuesday (who put the f*****g work up then)
Alltask at fault not Forefront they pay the hours they get paid.
I phoned the Alltask Supervisor to ask him to chase it up as I was not getting anywhere with Forefront, he put the phone down on me and said it was not his problem.
Just let me say that I have worked for Forefront and Alltask before without any problems but what do you do in cases like this ? if you go off on one you limit the amount of work out there its a sh**ty situation.
As for James Edgington (Sagittarius) I have worked for him on many occasions and any problems have always been resolved quickly but all agencies tendering for jobs need to know if they can supply labour and sometimes these jobs don't happen which leaves us hanging on the end of a telephone.
Been working for Sagittarius for the last 2 weeks its never going to pay for a new Ferrari but its regular. Forefront still owe me money Alltask reckon they paid them f**K nearly a month now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Had my money at last and an apology from the man at Alltask

Last edited:
Top Bottom