Rob3rt 1000 up.

Yep,slow here,got bits of low paying stuff but nothing big on the horizon as of yet:(

I Cant Complain Really Iv Had Ten Months Non Stop But Normally Im Pricing Jobs For Jan/Feb Right Now But There Is Nothing In The Pipeline.Even Council Maintenence Is Being Cut Back.
what about HLF projects? have you got the heritage component on your CSCS cards and registered with English Heritage, Historic Scotland and National Trust?.They keep registers of approved contractors used for projects including HLF work. Heritage is booming ATM.

The Area Is Flooded With Wee Guys And Not So Wee Guys Like Me, Dont Get Me Wrong We Will Manage But Its Going To Be Tight As A Camels Arse In A Sandstorm, I Normally Do Loads Of Small Extentions, Chimneys Etc, Now Im Pricing Against Interserve And Sgb (Harsco) And I Just Cant Do It.

Crap,That Should Read Wee Guys Like Me, Im Sure You Get The Gist.

just leave it lads ok, your giving me the jip

Last edited:
Do you sting them on the chimney's?

Don't answer if you don't want to but some of the prices I have to put in on a chimney is ridiculous. Have you got a squad or on your jack jones, how come you can't beat the bigger companies hands down?

Sorry Gerscaff, maybe should be asking myself the same questions.

No Im On My Own Just Now Buddy The Bloke I Was Working With Got A Start With Rigblast So He Took Off, Fair Enough Also Some Of The Bigger Companies Are Putting There Gear Out For Nothing (And I Mean Nothing ) Right Now Just To Get The Work.

Done it myself once or twice recently, not proud but it is getting cut throat.

You gotta do what you gotta do to survive AOM keep the wheels turning mate aint nothing to feel bad about

I Dont Blame Anyone Or That, People Right Now Are Desperate,(Bigger Boys Than Me) Iv Only Got Myself To Think About Some Blokes I Know Have A Big Workforce To Keep In Work So You Cant Be Judgemental, You Just Have To Try To Find Something.

Let the prices drop to low and it will be a nightmare to get them back up though.

Tube more or less done so not too bad, still a fair heap of system in the yard though.

I Dont Blame Anyone Or That, People Right Now Are Desperate,(Bigger Boys Than Me) Iv Only Got Myself To Think About Some Blokes I Know Have A Big Workforce To Keep In Work So You Cant Be Judgemental, You Just Have To Try To Find Something.

We are probably in the same boat as you, busy 10 months with very little down time so hopefully done enough to carry through any down time. Still got a good bit on right now, just not seeing a lot for the turn of the year. Might need a good storm again to keep us going.

Top Bottom