reveal ties

I have P.M'd Redviking and asked him if he could scan and post the illustration and text regarding reveal ties in R Brands Book...

Hope these help ...

Attachments

• 087.jpg
    087.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 089.jpg
    089.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 091.jpg
    091.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 093.jpg
    093.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 095.jpg
    095.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 16
Redviking

Thanks for the information, most appreciated, the information in Brands Book was relevant then and is still relevant to-day---if it aint broke, dont fix it...

Thanks again

Garry...

when was the last time you seen a revel tie?when was the last time you fitted one proper,not with screw jacks ??i can mind all of the above vaugely,very vaugely.

If you go to 8 Stratton St, London next wednesday/Thursday you'll see a scaffold being built in the atrium that is partially tied with reveal pins....

no supervisor slash manager worth es salt would let a gang use them then again you will get the odd one or two pardon the pun(ODD).would that be a lyndons job 8whatever????

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

garry i agree as a said in previous post they are very handy but they just dont get the light of day now,SGB sent a memo near twenty years ago for ALL yards to dispose of them and it was GB that used em more than anyone as they were designed for the podger\ckey.havent seen one in near twenty years.

I got a couple and a c spanner ( priory with a 7/16 box ) they can be really handy for basing out on awkward jobs

used em regular phillio,gb used em to save on hilti costs in late 80s early 90s used to say the building was brittle or listed the flatties were the better of the two to use a thought mate.

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

thanks red for the pics and info too.

fixing reveal ties

if you are fixing a reveal tie dont fix it as the brand book shows on the right side if you do whilst tighteniing it something allways slips ( hand spanner packing) with your hand pushing up it generally goes straight through the window so put it on the left side so you're pulling down, when striking slacken off from lift above

Top Bottom