reveal ties

'In cases where it is impractical to drill into the surface of a building for screw or anchor ties, or where the quality of the fabric of the building is not known, or where it is impractical to open windows for tube and fitting ties, the attachment of the scaffold may be made by reveal ties - which rely on friction.'

'When used in scaffolds greater than four lifts the scaffold should be seperately designed although it is recommended that no more than 50% of ties to a facade should be reveal ties.' TG20:08 Volume 1 - 5.4.5 'Reveal Ties'

It was the recommendation in BS5973 - no more than 50% reveal ties in an un-sheeted scaffold and 25% of a sheeted scaffold, although now a sheeted scaffold would need a design anyway.

I thought everyone knew that:)

garry how are you?still got the Ckey gifted to me when SGB scrapped the revel lovely lil piece of metal.jobs a bad un mate got a full legieon of young bucks and another legieon of lads whom their daddy got em in,to phone dukka monday.you heard from donnie??any news on the BAY??

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

need to brush litreature as well as my spelling swifty lol.

Celticbhoy

Jobs mince eh---feck that no passengers eh---thing will be on the turn ( not the TERN LOLOOO ) very soon---keep yer powder dry...

Gar...

trying to mate the TERN ahh what a would have gave to disappear to do a 12er the day there garry cranks,all around and below all day.

Celticbhoy

Jobs mince eh---feck that no passengers eh---thing will be on the turn ( not the TERN LOLOOO ) very soon---keep yer powder dry...

Gar...
The TERN done a couple of trips on that wreck, infact it was the TERN that set my mind that offshore wasn't for me:nuts:

Last edited:
hey hows it goin celticbhoy big dave told me u were back in town bud.i was on the phone to jimmy lastnight trying to get the lowdown on the hongkong project he said u have all the info anychance u can give me a phone about it m8 am choking to get out and in about it cheers

How you doing scaff how u find me you tramp lol ill certainly phone you pal long time no hear and when a do hear you want want want lol ill pm you the now mate ive got your number old dog you lol.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

ps when you attain the master part lol some man.

cheers bud al wait for ure call.u make the sun shine for me haha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aye mind jimmys a natural mate hes 12ft tall way bolts a lightening coming out es arse,ill phn yea later.

Hong Kong? FFS celtic anything you don't find out about?
you will have to get watching them you tube videos to keep up with the latest legislation:nuts:

lol mate the things you get up to whenyou have a bit of spare time,yea my brother in law runs his own ship(when he can be bothered)hes looking at a fcking great big lump to go up in kowloon done a few numbers over there,how he gets them i dont know,pure speclative stage yet though.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

have to find out about the status of the revel tie in the chinese guidance jakdan check youtube later.

I have P.M'd Redviking and asked him if he could scan and post the illustration and text regarding reveal ties in R Brands Book...

reveal tie packing

if you do use reveal ties be warned never use timber packing directly on the tube and reveal. the timber shrinks in a couple of days rendering the tie useless. use thick rubber or neoprene instead

Matey, dont mention, Thick rubber or Neoprene, swifty will take one of his funny turns again. He is a bit like father Jack.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

i dont ever intend using em again but thanks for that tip lad good bit of info well appreciated.

lol mate the things you get up to whenyou have a bit of spare time,yea my brother in law runs his own ship(when he can be bothered)hes looking at a fcking great big lump to go up in kowloon done a few numbers over there,how he gets them i dont know,pure speclative stage yet though.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

have to find out about the status of the revel tie in the chinese guidance jakdan check youtube later.

give us a shout when he gets it i love Vindaloo:nuts:

will do lad if it comes to fruitition he will need plenty of labour but as a say the man needs to be met to be belived.what a place but what a life too lol,an experiance and thats just meeting jimmy.

Top Bottom