quality scaffs required

Status
Not open for further replies.
take jakdan up on his offer , hes straight as they come and wont send you **** just cos they got tickets

good point allan tickets dont make scaffolders and any body can bull!it 10 years work history and the way these cisrs tickets are given out you could end up with anybody so good point allan shame a few companys dont look into this instead of if youve got the cisrs your inn

it might be that the job is 17 weeks depending on how thngs go.

better then 17 weeks on the dole though.

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

no my names not lewis.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

good point allan tickets dont make scaffolders and any body can bull!it 10 years work history and the way these cisrs tickets are given out you could end up with anybody so good point allan shame a few companys dont look into this instead of if youve got the cisrs your inn

dont worry dico
ive got 30 years in this game and the tickets are only to satisfy the visa requirements. everyone will be checked to make sure they are good scaffs

Hi Scotontour, you may not want to divulge how you go about checking the wheat from the chaff but I would be really interested how you would go about that. Can't remember where I heard this but someone was telling me to get around 20 scaffs from an agency and when his foreman remarked that was too many he answered get twenty then get rid of the inevitable numpties and keep 12. I also remember a trade test for Rigblast who got everyone down their yard to build an 8x8 tower and passed every one as soon as they saw an Aberdeen go in, how you could tell from that is anyone's guess.

we've all been stung at some time Aom but checkin Cv's and asking around normally finds the answers.
the type of work people have done and the places they have been also goes a long way.
i always check numbers at the citb as well.
i would love to trade test everyone but its difficult when im sitting here.

Yeah I know that's why I asked plus any trade test I have ever done yer maw could have handled without difficulty. Also seen some rough operators with a cv like the north star been on plenty big jobs yet couldn't go round a phone box without instruction hence my question. Anyway, hope you get your quota, as I said sounds like a good opportunity to me.

Yeah I know that's why I asked plus any trade test I have ever done yer maw could have handled without difficulty. Also seen some rough operators with a cv like the north star been on plenty big jobs yet couldn't go round a phone box without instruction hence my question. Anyway, hope you get your quota, as I said sounds like a good opportunity to me.

FFS, some of those Phoneboxes are quite high, and not always on a level surface. Pffttt Gaffers these days...want blood for 8 hrs a day.:mad:

I know but for that you do get all the gruel you can eat.:idea:

FFS, some of those Phoneboxes are quite high, and not always on a level surface. Pffttt Gaffers these days...want blood for 8 hrs a day.:mad:

thats why you usually get someone like me to cover yir afternoon and do the handrail paddy lol

Do you pay Digs ?????;)

Yes of course you get to sleep on the job. As you say some of these box's are quite big now.:idea:

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

I could pair you up with Ikram if you haven't got your own squad.

Is that when Ikram and i are coming up to do that job you cant do, yeah that phonebox will do fine.

It will only take ICKY and me 3 hours to wop that lump up. Then a Good Scotish lad by the name of 'Tinheads' will follow on with the Boards and AGR.;)

dunno bout working for £1250 a week, but if there's free gruel going then i'm up for it m8

Good to know such a small operator can still attract the big hitters.:cool:

Good to know such a small operator can still attract the big hitters.:cool:

Yeah heard something along the lines about you having a 'small operator' .
Size isnt everything Alastair, dont let it make you feel inferior to the Geordie scaffs, who have big Operators, and just laugh at anything south of South Shields.:D

Oh don't worry Paddy, it won't be the first time I have shamed a big operator and hopefully not the last. Anything South of Bothwell makes me laugh.:D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOI8ae3Lub8]Sade - Smooth Operator 1984 - YouTube[/ame]

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

That Phonebox is in the Video, FFS how many beams will i need for that Mother..........?

don't think you want to go down that size route Paddy, its says moderator under your name whereas AOM has a VIP Member, i'm sure a Very Impressive Pork Member is bigger than Moderate lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom