Part 1 no experience!

All I would say to you is find a decent scaffolder and work with him.
Watch what he does,ask plenty off questions
Show him your keen to learn,it's not rocket science
Get your part 1 it shows your keen,you will earn a half decent
Living out of it.

Cheers mate it's just finding someone to take me on, I've heard rumours but I haven't found anything guaranteed yet pal

Have you tried Everlast scaffolding from Leeds mate? I know they do a bit of PTS work. PM me if you haven't. I have the number of a few of their roofing contracts managers, they should be able to point you in the right direction. ;)

Have you tried Everlast scaffolding from Leeds mate? I know they do a bit of PTS work. PM me if you haven't. I have the number of a few of their roofing contracts managers, they should be able to point you in the right direction. ;)

No mate I haven't, yes mate p.m me with info cheers

Finished my part1 tomorrow, if anybody knows of any work i will be grateful cheers lads

Try ringing 0113 255 2739 it's everlasts waterproofings office number. They will give you the details you need for the scaffolding division. Good luck. :)

good luck wass1985 , its dissapointing some of the comments in this thread

With all due respect i took my part one a few years back, followed by my part 2 etc...I dissagree Jason, a one armed monkey would pass his part 1, i actually think the standard required to pass is frighteningly low!! luckily i had laboured for a few years before so was one of teh stronger fixers, i just wish like the lad i had done my part 1 sooner..... U can learn the lumpy side of the job as and when, show intrest, look at scaffolds in the street, i still watch scaffold videos on youtube(not nerdy, just some funny vids also) if your strong fit keen and willing to get wet or earn nothing lol its a cool trade....

Most jobs I've been looking up state that lodge is not provided, is this a regular occurrence nowadays?

it seems to be , an employer knows if hes givin u 65 hours on good money and he withdraws the digs , there will still be plenty ready to work for him

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

when i said "dissapointing comments" frederik , i meant the comment from jason where he's tryin to tell someone they dont have the right to become a part 1 until theyve labouring experience which he reccomends 2 or 3 years , Wass1985 can do what he wants , and for someone to try and tell him otherwise is , well , cheeky , we all know people go from nothin to part 2 in less than a year, so yeah, it's dissapointing , The fact that jason is right is neither here nor there

Its a forum,JB, everyones entitled to voice there opinions.

I wish Wass1 luck,but he may find it tough without experience to call on.
My stance is , as long as you can buy a qualification, it devalues arguements to make T&F a proper trade as most scaffs would like this recognised.The point Jase and others were trying to make. Perhaps something else the sccr may look at.

yes, jason is right and i also agree with you , wass1985, find some scaff friends , and away u go , good luck and stay safe

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

the entrance point of scaffs has to be looked at , as does the progression from nothin to trainee/part 1 to part 2 , there are simply too many and more and more and more , id love to know how many scaffs enter the profession every year

How can scaffolding be a trade?? Even a hgv driver can fail...Its sad that we just buy tickets should be pass or fail, but that said good luck to you mate get 2k you could be advanced this time next year!!

And how do you know I bought the ticket? You still have to do the course and sit the exam. It's not like I paid my money and boom that's me passed

Last edited:
And how do you know I bought the ticket? You still have to do the course and sit the exam. It's not like I paid my money and boom that's me passed

Think that's the point the lads are trying to make. It's almost impossible to fail the course. I know of only one person who didn't pass & this was because he was apparently smoking weed in his car at dinner time & not on his scaffolding ability. Personally I believe as long as your not a walking death trap then everyone who wants to give this game a go should be allowed their trainee card, but after that the courses should be pass or fail with no exeptions. As scaffolders we have the health & safety of more people than any other trade on our shoulders & our training & qualifications should reflect that. If as an industry we want to be taken seriously then we ourselves must take it seriously in the first instance.
As I said: everyone has the right to try, but not everyone has what it takes to do.
To quote an old rugby coach of mine. "to be treated as a professional first you must act like one".
You have your foot on the ladder now mate, it's up to you how you climb it. Good luck. ;)

Top Bottom