offshore work??

If your lucky enough to get work offshore what kind of notice do they usually give you? like if your in a job but trying to get offshore then you suddenly get the call how much notice would you typicaly get? A week? couple of days or even less?
Thanks

I got a start with Salamis last year. I phoned the HR dept on the friday and got was told to be in Aberbeen to start on the monday.

I had my phone call at 3.45 on the wed evening to be on a plane at 6 a.m the next day! But normally 2 days.

here mate thats a bit harsh am no demanding nothing just a bit a help buddy thats all so you chase yerself you obv think yer the bees knees and ur nothing but a ******* cock beat it ya clown!!

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 AM ----------

ave just registered yesterday so am fairly new see ur a vip ud hink ud help folk instead a firing lip oot to people ye dont know.......
i do need to stop drinking and going on the forum but at the same time i find it hard to beleive that people can manage to do survivals etc but dont know the companies to phone who will tell you to send in your cv.
if you look at the previous couple of pages on the same thread you will see the names of the companies and probably the e-mail addresses.
hope this helps as i do like to help when i can i also like a wee noise up as do quite a few on here so dont take it all to heart ;)

Aberdeen seems to be the most active place for offshore work. Is there a chance of getting work elsewere, maybe africa or anywhere else? If so do you still apply to the big three?

Aberdeen seems to be the most active place for offshore work. Is there a chance of getting work elsewere, maybe africa or anywhere else? If so do you still apply to the big three?

Most of the big 3 have work all over the world so its best to try the regional offices of the country where you fancy working

incourt-content

Topics
Airborne hazardous substances
Asbestos
Behavioural safety
Chemicals
Emergency response and planning
Ergonomics/human factors
Fire safety
Health and well-being
International health and safety
Legislation and enforcement
Lifting and handling
Lone working
Major hazards
Noise and vibration
Olympics 2012
PPE

Risk assessment
Safety culture and procedures
Slips and trips
Stress
Training and competence
Transport and road safety
Work at height
Work equipment

Industry
Construction
Education
Emergency Services
Health Care
Local authorities
Manufacturing
Offshore
Retail and Leisure
Transport and logistics

Jail terms for health and safety test fraudsters
16 January 2012

Two men have been jailed for nine months each for taking health and safety tests on behalf of other construction workers.

Gurpreet Singh and Parampreet Singh both pleaded guilty to fraud at Luton Crown Court last week, after staff at the CITB-ConstructionSkills test centre in the town realised that they had taken multiple tests using several other people’s identification passes bearing their own photos.

Both men are foreign nationals and will be deported once they have served their sentences.

CITB-ConstructionSkills chief executive, Mark Farrar condemned the practice, saying: “I’m glad the vigilance of [our] staff caught and put a stop to this illegal activity. We support the industry by continually investigating test fraud, and we take it very seriously indeed.”

He added: “Proxy testing is self-defeating because it both endangers the lives of the people who solicit it and their colleagues on construction sites. Those who are found to be proxy testing will be reported to the Police and could face prosecution.”

The CITB confirmed that although the CPS did not take action against those who commissioned the tests from the Singhs, the parties have been identified as fraudulent, so their test results will be wiped from the system and they will not be allowed to take future tests.

Some 500,000 people a year take the CITB-ConstructionSkills health and safety test, which costs £17.50. Its aim is to raise standards across the industry by ensuring that workers have a minimum level of health, safety and environmental awareness before going on site.

In a similar case, eight people pleaded guilty to fraud at Nottingham Crown Court last week, after more than £500,000 was claimed from two colleges for health and safety training that never took place.

Castle College in Nottingham paid out £475,391 for 583 students who, it was told, had taken a customer services or health and safety course. North Warwickshire and Hinckley College handed over £27,108 for 249 students it believed had taken a health and safety course.

The eight people in the dock worked for training firms Training Options UK and FE Options, and for Castle College and were prosecuted following a three-year Police investigation

its worth finding out about other ways to get out , like the fact MAERSK employ scaffs for their semi submersibles , and quite a few oil companies employ scaffs because theyve realised they might as well rather than call out scaffs from companies reguarly , research is the way too a job , then theres offshore in the dutch sector , anyone who spends their time constantly tryin the big 3 , good luck.

I agree the big 3 is ridiculous to get out there with jb.
I'm trying myself. But never tried Dutch sector, what companies take on for offshore only over there??

If u can hang out to march they will be looking for men there's a job coming up on July can't say much 5 years work I keep in touch

I'll just do my research and send my cvs and keep trying cheers guys

I agree the big 3 is ridiculous to get out there with jb.
I'm trying myself. But never tried Dutch sector, what companies take on for offshore only over there??

Try Capes: 0031223744006 ask for Mike Davies( Contracts Manager), if he's still there and also SMS Holland:0031204721258 ask for ( Lisa Broxterman..H.R). These are the only 2 numbers I've got mate. I don't know if their taking guys on at the moment but better to get your details in with them. If you do get a shout
just make sure that all your flights and Accom, are paid for and in place before you mobilise. Good luck.

capes not looking from aberdoom...they have just downmaned at least 25 odd scaffs from the BP Andrew due to the bridge from the barge nearly ending up in the drink last week. most of us got shipped off on full pay but our back to backs will be losing a trip by the look of things..

have heard RBG are looking for scaffs ,but are only taking on ex-rbg employees at the moment...

Phoned Rigblast yesterday and nothing doing at the mo, stuck me on the TBA list. Worked with them a right few years ago, so don't know if that makes me ex-rbg..Lol. Heard about the carry on on the Andrew...was Gary Quaile from Glasgow on there with you?.

Last edited:
Phoned Rigblast yesterday and nothing doing at the mo, stuck me on the TBA list. Worked with them a right few years ago, so don't know if that makes me ex-rbg..Lol. Heard about the carry on on the Andrew...was Gary Quaile from Glasgow on there with you?.

name dont ring a bell mate..but we have had a few new lads come on for the drillers project they have just started..hopefully all the fcuk up with the bridge should be sorted within a week or so.. rumours are it has to go back to invergordon to be load tested then back to the Andrew...oh well 8 days off on pay no complaints this end....

Cheers I've got me part 2 and health and safety. How much does it cost for the other tickets?

Top Bottom