New SG4-10 Training

It was agood idea to get the EICTB lads sorted with CISRS cards etc, now how can owt be taken serious ?? can't actually believe I just read whats on here about not paying people....

Hell will freeze over before that happens as well. I remember them also saying they were going to stop SG4:10. It was launched last Friday

Hell will freeze over before that happens as well. I remember them also saying they were going to stop SG4:10. It was launched last Friday

Was that the same day the HSE were supposed to be having a massive 'blitz' on the use of advanced guardrails?

Or was it 'purge'? I can't remember...

hi steve im on for benchmark mate and i can assure you that they have never asked me to attend any training on any given weekend day ever,in saying that they maybe have to others,i will enquire tomorrow.cant see such a decent firm like bench doing that,dont think bernie would have that,but as a say am maybe wrong mate.

has always been the norm at the northern branch pal.. paid for training if its during the week..

Hold on boy's, take a look back at this and other threads over the last couple of day's, it reminds me of a pack of wolves fighting over their prey. What ever your thoughts on individuals their is no excuse for berating any one in this manner. The avatar at the top is simply just that, a picture. I am on here as a scaff nothing more nothing less the sccr is a seperate issue. If it would make you more comfortable I will change it to stop any further confusion.

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

I have been here since February and I've never heard that. You guy's are getting carried away now.

the issue was over unpaid training at the weekend lads,not dragging any individuals name through mud,no matter what his views iv stated what i think......i hope in a manner thats not personaly demeaning to anyone.thats wrong.

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

steve that maybe so mate as i said iv never been askd or heard of anybody partaking in any unpaid training,id say if they dont do it in london then what would be the diffrence with the northern branch??some boys were transfered last week from there ill ask em mate.

I am not a member of the SCCR, but I admire Ragstaff's efforts on behalf of the ECITB issue. He may be fighting a losing battle, but give him his due, he has the balls to try. I will admit Steve made a whip for his own back he dropped a clanger, but why the pack instinct to attack, I've noticed over the last few weeks or so certain members recently joined seem to put in a concentrated effort to verbally abuse him, Is it a coincidence that the 2 threads this occured concerned training of some sort or other, I cant help feeling that there is an agenda there to discredit the man and by extension the SCCR.

brandy there is an agenda,its been going on for some time weeks months?same people diffrent monikers what gets me they have the temerity to denounce people for what reason im not sure,its easy to have a jibe over the net mate.there is no value in that the people know who they are i find it quite laughable.sadly steves comment was poor but that was used as a vehical to denounce him and the sccr,it would be better for all to lay cards on the table as things are getting tediouse.

As stated not been a member of the SCCR, but I know from the forum that Steve is or was the training rep for it, and as the SCCR is looking for consultation rights for scaffolders, I would imagine that the powers that be wont give that easily, in fact I would say that they will fight it tooth and nail. I still feel its no coincidence that the attacks came about training and targeted Steve because of his position, so its not an unreasonable suspicion on my part to think that some training organisation protecting their vested interest is the instigators behind the attacks.

As stated not been a member of the SCCR, but I know from the forum that Steve is or was the training rep for it, and as the SCCR is looking for consultation rights for scaffolders, I would imagine that the powers that be wont give that easily, in fact I would say that they will fight it tooth and nail. I still feel its no coincidence that the attacks came about training and targeted Steve because of his position, so its not an unreasonable suspicion on my part to think that some training organisation protecting their vested interest is the instigators behind the attacks.

I think it could be the Nasc or asito seeing it as a threat, remember though someone in his position should not say what he has said about other scaffolders and not get peoples back up.

I might be very naive Brandy but why would this have any effect on any training providers business. As other comments have got out of hand I feel I must add this is not a dig but a genuine question. I just don't get it.:(

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

As far as I'm concerned that is not what it's about, evolution not revolution.

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

opinion not any other......feck I'm really gonna have to change that avatar.

AOM, you seem to be an honest man, I would'nt think your naive, see the good in others is an admirable quality. Maybe I'm a cynic, but I've seen this before, divide an conquer, discredit an orginisation or person by whatever means possible, don't dirty your own hands, use your lackeys and stir up the baying mob, oldest trick in the book.

Rumple,I agree, it should'nt have been said, poor judgement.

I am an SCCR member and I personally would not attend any company training unpaid and Steves views on this matter are his own and not that of the SCCR in general.

As SG4:10 is rolled out it appears the majority of companies are opting for the Scaff Step option. At the recent meeting with HSE concerns were voiced regarding the potential risk of injury and the long term effects on the muscular skeletal due to scaff step use.

As the SCCR health and safety rep Paddy Carr is monitoring the situation and I would erge all forum members to report any incidents however small arising from SG4:10 to Paddy.

In the sort term we are all going to have comply with SG4:10 wether we like it or not . In the long term my own personal opinion is that when companies are hit with claims from employees for injuries sustained whilst compiling with industry best practice there will be a call for a review. This when the SCCR will be in a position to have a major input.

The SCCR is still in its infancy but I believe that with support it will give scaffolders who are the major stake holders, a voice within the access industry which they currently dont have.

Last edited:
Ok I admit I was wrong for putting not paying the lads so on that I appologise.. now it does seem to me at the end of the day this industry is all about training. I was sent some info regarding training and I posted it on here for you all.

wether you have the training or not is up to you.

So I will be posting regardless on this forum as the members have the right to know what is available, Just a shame that there is a few other members who want to shoot the messenger and dis-credit everyone, Looks like its my month but the thing is I dont hide and I will continue to offer advice to any member of the forum whoever needs it.

Why the hell have some forum members with no real input into issues on this site suddenly jumped on this band wagon.

I am fully aware of those on this site who are just out to cause trouble & I also know those who do not agree with what we are doing!

I did not start the SCCR to be a union.

It is not here to dictate!

I will not retire on a £10 membership!

I am a working man with bills to pay same as most of you.

I see the Industry in complete turmoil. I tried to join the NASC when I started my own business as an associate member but because I offer labour only gangs we are not allowed. This led me to looking into our Industry from another angle.

Look at all the other trades around you when you are working. How many have to put up with the restraints we do. There is not enough evidence of accidents within our industry to warrant what is changing now.

The evidence points to tampering, removal of ties, other trades working in zones that should be closed whilst we are working, falling from ladders, not Scaffolders falling whilst carrying out their duties.

The HSE issue was something I started on behalf of the forum. I attended the first meeting on my own at my own expense. The basis of this meeting was from input from forum members along with a questionnaire. The meeting was open to anyone else to attend no one did.

The SCCR was then formed after this meeting, the forum chose the committee, the Forum is the basis for the current SCCR. The forum is not the SCCR. I have thanked Admin for all his help & the support from our members & some guys that have sent me PM's that are not members.

The comments made were from an individual, if that comment had appeared on the SCCR web site then you have the right to drag the SCCR into it

Over the last 4-5 weeks I have had a limited internet access so have not been on line as much & the setting up of things with the SCCR have been slow.

The aims of the SCCR is to help voice the scaffolding industry as a whole, we aim to progress the scaffolder as skilled labour. We are spending a lot of our own time looking into & several other issues that affect us at the moment.

If you are not happy with that then don't join!!

If you feel we are going in the wrong direction then join & you will have an input. This first committee is only voted in for six months so you can vote a new one in on the 7/2/11.

Along with the help we have been trying to give the ECITB lads we are working on discounts for work wear, insurance, solicitors, Tax help & tools.

Stewart Quinney
SCCR
Chairman

Why attack people who are trying to help others, maybe I am wasting my time. But hell it is my time & I will continue to help others in our industry.

Thank you to all those who are having in put & who are helping us, yes we are a young organisation we have a lot to do!

Ragscaff

tony to bad b is quiet to nite -- scaffs dont scare ,wheres bubba

I think they are like sharks and only come out when they smell blood.

Top Bottom