New Milwaukee Impact Wrench

7/ 16th is 21mm for the socket? Just got a brand new makita with two batteries, charger and box for £330 ill have it Thursday express delivery woohoo just socket and lanyard now.

Welcome, you are now officially a robo scaff......:laugh::laugh:

Welcome, you are now officially a robo scaff......:laugh::laugh:

Been a Robo scaff for some time now m8 just fed up of the hilti packing up in the rain so ill give that to my second fixer and I get a new toy.
I'm sure the impact socket is 21 mm can anyone confirm for sure.

Medium length is ok 5cm if u get the longer 1 it puts too much stress on the anvil
The makita 21mm socket is part No134833-2 costs about £6.50 & comes with a spare pin & retaining band

Thanks for the info sp but just bought one on eBay for a fiver not sure of length but it wasn't a short one. I'll measure it n if its longer than 5cm may get another. Nice1

Got the makita today haven't tried it yet but it's a lot bulkier and heavier than the hilti weighing in at 1.7kg vs 1.3kg for hilti but if it works in the rain as claimed it'll make up for it there hopefully.

Tbh m8 i've used both & you dont even notice any differnce in weight.unless u go back to a spanner & then you feel like ur tool belt is as light as a feather....but in a serious note i was chatting to a chippie the other day who wears a toolbelt system he bought in USA thats made out of a reinforced ballistic nylon that has a pair of braces built in to tranfer the weight from your hips to your shoulders where its distributed more evenly & with a built in back surport ...saves any back probs so this may be the way to go

Did a dismantle n small erect with the makita today similar to hilti but just a touch more power I'd say the winning factor between the two is the durability. If the makita doesn't pack up in the rain then it could be a winner. We get plenty of rain so will find out soon lol

Was in the Hilti shop last week and they offered me the IW contract for £28 a month.

Was in the Hilti shop last week and they offered me the IW contract for £28 a month.

Defo worth it m8 I'd recommend u leave it in the cab when it rains although when it does brake down you'll have it fixed and returned within a couple of days the after care is top draw.

Just a question woodsie...if the hilti is such a good product and the aftercare is as good as you say.
Then why you bought a makita?...

Just a question woodsie...if the hilti is such a good product and the aftercare is as good as you say.
Then why you bought a makita?...

Because the lads on here were saying it works in all weather were as the hilti will pack up straight away in the rain. (From my experience)

Only used it one day as yet, find it a bit bulkier and heavier than hilti and a tad more powerful. Performance wise they're pretty much on a par it's the durability and after care that will set them apart for me. The hilti brakes down a lot but they will get it fixed and returned in a few days, theyll collect it the day u phone them but what happens when the warranty expires?

Top Bottom