New Milwaukee Impact Wrench

Dont think so marra lol the recip goes through both tube & brds like butter in seconds with no huffing & puffing @ all - u can pic up the bare units for between £80-100

Best thing with a recip saw as well, dont need a steel saw or petrol, also no hot works permit. The jobs weve done in the past when weve needed a hwp just to cut 1-2 tubes, these saws eliminate the need for one.

What about the guarantee for the milwakee versus makita?
Working in the rain is a big bonus for the makita how does the milwakee act in the rain my hilti don't like the wet stuff at all. Plus how much does the milwakee weigh I know the makita is 1.7kg which ain't bad.
How much does the makita cost with two batteries? The milwakee is £360 all in with two batteries not bad.

Last edited:
Your looking at £280-£330 for the makita, depending where you shop. If you register your milwalkee online you get 3yrs warrenty on everything if bought as a kit.....i.e. battries, charger and wrench. Think you get 1yr with the makita not 100% sure thou, SP the best to ask for that, most of his crew use them.
As for the weight the milwakee is heavier but i dont notice it much but its got more grunt to it, upto 600kn torque, compared to 265-280kn torque on the makita.

Cant comment on the hilti as i havn't used one

Is losing nuts just accepted. Since the iw has been about every other fitting has one missing. Do you buy spares and replace when needed, is it just carelessness and can be avoided.

once you get used to the speed of the wrench, losing fittings is a distant memory. until then, don't be a lazy f--k, pick them up and put them back on.

Just had a quote off makita for btw251 £440 including vat does that sound right my hilti cost about £380 all in that's with two batteries.

Your looking at £280-£330 for the makita, depending where you shop. If you register your milwalkee online you get 3yrs warrenty on everything if bought as a kit.....i.e. battries, charger and wrench. Think you get 1yr with the makita not 100% sure thou, SP the best to ask for that, most of his crew use them.
As for the weight the milwakee is heavier but i dont notice it much but its got more grunt to it, upto 600kn torque, compared to 265-280kn torque on the makita.

Cant comment on the hilti as i havn't used one

600KN :eek: you could change the lorry tyres with that

I know, i've changed the spare wheel on my car with it....

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Just had a quote off makita for btw251 £440 including vat does that sound right my hilti cost about £380 all in that's with two batteries.

There screwing ya there woodsie.....have a look on ebay pal..

Im sure they all come with 1yr warrenty, but i have heard you can get 3yrs warrenty if you reg online hut nit 100% certain.

Yeh but that's only if its new from makita it wouldn't have a guarantee second hand would it!

I think what dens tryin to say is shop around even on ebay u can still buy new lol. The average is around £320 but dont get caught up in it having to be in a kit. You can buy a nude unit for £80 from screwfix. You can get a battery & tbh you can do with 1 on Ebay for around £65 & as little as £15- £25 for a 2nd hand charger..register your IW on line & you recieve a 3yr warrenty on it. I dont think batterys can be covered as theres too many get out clauses on em....the drills are pretty bomb proof mainly its just the brushes that need changing if you work it hard but thats really easy to do.in fact most probs are like changing the armiture or anvil cost very little.
Dont get to het up on torque values tbh theyre a load of bolllocks. The figures were all gained on a new drill new battery & 10mm nut/ bolt.
Where as your doubling up the nut size etc -a few weeks ago i tested it with a torque spanner after a few hours use & ramped the nut up for about 10secs till it wouldnt turn anymore much more than a normal 3-5sec burst & it tested @ 95kn. A few other normal bursts all tested @ 45-65kn .
My big benn spanner @ what i would assume as normal tightening -when tested all came back @ 70kn+. So from my experiment i can only assume that if your gonna worry that much about torque values then either do your own testing or stick with an IW thats gonna give u a more uniform settling -

7/ 16th is 21mm for the socket? Just got a brand new makita with two batteries, charger and box for £330 ill have it Thursday express delivery woohoo just socket and lanyard now.

Top Bottom