(NASC) National Access and Scaffolding Confederation

I have just come back from my advance course at Erith and I had to drag four other guys through the course with me because they new some of the basics but no way near enough in my opinion to be taking the advance course,it really pissed me off,

I am sorry the training system the NASC and the industry are failing because they are handing out tickets like candy to guys with no real depth of experience,and I don"t blame them ,I blame the Industry!!!!..........

One chap,a really nice guy passed the advance course and he had never even used tube and fitting before,what happens now if one day at work he is asked to erect a truss out,hanger,work 100 ft up above the public erecting a cantiliever,god knows,I just hope he is with someone who knows what there doing.

scaffjim-
how did u find erith as not impressed with birtcham-thinking of trying birmingham
the trouble i found with the portfolio - was the time it took after the course to get the pics needed, because all those i'd taken through the years prior were deemed unexceptable, because they were all before the course had started, when i pointed out the fact this meant i'd gained more experiance over a greater time scale, than was required by the course' was simply told ...dont mater anyway cos u still need to come back for a 2 day assesment in 6 months time. -seriously what the f.ck is that all about,they've just assessed u for 2 weeks £££ cha-ching-, then had the neck to send the portfolio back twice because they didnt even look at it properly, when i'd eventually had enough and complained through the channels that be, it still took them another 3 months to ok it before sighning it off nearly a year after doing the course....thankfully my wages didnt rely on having the A ticket but often wondered about the others that did the course but wouldn't be paid xtra till they had been sighned off

Maybe Simian should embark on a brave new expansion plan and come to the masses, that would put a rocket up them.:idea:

My only real experience is training my own men and I feel disappointed every time I see on the certificate what it says they have done and what they tell me they have actually done. I have yet to read anyone say a lot positive about any of them hence the comment.

Hi southernpoofter

I am still in the process of doing my diary which is a pain,no pictures though,my god mate it sounds like hell for you,I have"nt got that far yet,but when I have done my assement and my diary is in I intend to push like hell.

Top Bottom