men sacked due to tg2008

Our whole industry is full of intrigue and contradiction, one person says one thing, someone else says something else. Ever thought we are making it more tricky than it needs to be ? ever seen a loading bay ( like everybody used to build )with three front standards 5 trannies 13 ft long collapse with a pallet of bricks on it, cus I haven't in 28 years. Now its all beams and trannies at every 500mm and 700m2 sole boards. Its all got too clever and qualifications are the key thing regardless if the person with them has a clue!

Couldnt agree more mate

Could you send me the link, I must have missed it.
I'm surprised you couldn't actually see it from Scotland , it was the biggest in the world ever. NASA said they can see two man made things from space , one was the great wall of china, the other was that massive staircase.

They failed to mention they saw a certain individual with a big head stood at the top of it......rip gibbo

Is there any youtube vids of his recent exploration......lol
I was looking forward to a youtube vid of the fated expedition in Libya or wherever it was, who could forget those words " hundreds applied , six were chosen" turned out to be the greatest wind up ever.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Last i heard was he was charge hand on the biggest hanging staircase ever built in the north sea.
Yea, that headlamp he always wore would have come in handy at 1000 fathoms when the light ran out doing the braces on that hanging underwater staircase.

I was looking forward to a youtube vid of the fated expedition in Libya or wherever it was, who could forget those words " hundreds applied , six were chosen" turned out to be the greatest wind up ever.

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Yea, that headlamp he always wore would have come in handy at 1000 fathoms when the light ran out doing the braces on that hanging underwater staircase.

No working over the side after dark mate day shift only for mr gibbs i am afraid.

He could allways use it to get the gear ready for the next day so he gets his 14,s though

Wouldnt be the first time he's lost one....lol lol

And iam sure it will not be the last time he losses one all jokes apart though he does mean well he just comes across the wrong way.

I had the pleasure of meeting him many years ago.

Bar a handfull of members, most of them on here cant stand him..Any reason why.

Suppose hes just outspoken and does not really think before he opens his mouth.

He dug himself a hole on the job i knew him from but i take as i find in the game you really have to how many times have you heard hes a pri-ck then you have met the guy and hes sound.

Never did any harm to me but saying that i never had the pleasure of working directly with him.

Allways seems to get work though hey

Same as take as you find, did have a run in with him on here but it was sorted before he jacked it in or not as it seems.

I've met him got on well and stayed in touch on here till he left and never had a problem with him but yeah I think MH is spot on its the way he comes across that rubbed 90% of the forum members the wrong way den as I've only worked with him for a couple of days I don't know whether or not its his humour ie banter or if he was giving it the biggun

But ill always take ppl from face value and not follow the crowd so I for one don't hold anything against him ;)

I've met him got on well and stayed in touch on here till he left and never had a problem with him but yeah I think MH is spot on its the way he comes across that rubbed 90% of the forum members the wrong way den as I've only worked with him for a couple of days I don't know whether or not its his humour ie banter or if he was giving it the biggun

But ill always take ppl from face value and not follow the crowd so I for one don't hold anything against him ;)

Best way to be mate

Oh he does love to think hes a super scaff though some people take offence to that i personally think its funny as fu-ck

Top Bottom