mathew warren

and no I do not! I have studied this whole site today, reading posts by this young lad Edwoood and also by the other previous member you referred to Rob3rt. I agree that Rob3rt was obviously out to cause mischief wether that was sufficient for him to be banned Could be debated.

Edwoood , however is clearly a very different case... There is no evidence in any posts, threads, or responses that he is anything other than he claimed to be... I may be wrong, so if you have evidence, show me!

You may have ruined that poor lads hopes, and obviously he was wishing for something special at Christmas. I hope that none of you suffer from a conscience? If you do, You maybe should feel it now after the treatment of that lad, Edwoood.

This may have been the only time he brought together the courage to ask for help in finding his father...

well i'm sure he will get ova it lol :D

and no I do not! I have studied this whole site today, reading posts by this young lad Edwoood and also by the other previous member you referred to Rob3rt. I agree that Rob3rt was obviously out to cause mischief wether that was sufficient for him to be banned Could be debated.

Edwoood , however is clearly a very different case... There is no evidence in any posts, threads, or responses that he is anything other than he claimed to be... I may be wrong, so if you have evidence, show me!

You may have ruined that poor lads hopes, and obviously he was wishing for something special at Christmas. I hope that none of you suffer from a conscience? If you do, You maybe should feel it now after the treatment of that lad, Edwoood.

This may have been the only time he brought together the courage to ask for help in finding his father...

Can I ask why you are so interested in Edwood and Robert?
If you are worried about dashing peoples hopes then I hope you have read all the threads and posts relating to the Algeria debacle. Would take more than a day though.

If you have a son or a father who would admit to that role... then I am surprised and disappointed by such a heartless and ill considered statement. I refer to steve198622.

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

I am not interested in either mate, but after the attack on me by swifty and jonnybegood last night, for which the evidence has now been moderated away, i am unsure if new members are ever welcomed here? Ok the gay guy may have been up to mischief, but show me one post by Edwoood that was inappropriate or offensive in any way that may not be considered due to his young age? He obviously had problems, maybe some learning difficulties, but he did nothing but be polite, share a joke and ask for advice and help in identifying who his father was and where he might be

If you have a son or a father who would admit to that role... then I am surprised and disappointed by such a heartless and ill considered statement

What do you mean?

And as for the comment about feeling a **** for defending a made up 14 year old it was not directed at you but at jonnybegood who now has deleted his post as he often does because he makes foolish comments.

What is your agenda with this forum?

my reason, as there is no agenda, was to see of there was any local work In time for a bit of cash for my girls at Christmas.

My first comment was aimed at steve198622

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

it is the editing by swifty in both threads that should concern you. Are you an overseer for the moderators?

If you have a son or a father who would admit to that role... then I am surprised and disappointed by such a heartless and ill considered statement. I refer to steve198622.

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

I am not interested in either mate, but after the attack on me by swifty and jonnybegood last night, for which the evidence has now been moderated away, i am unsure if new members are ever welcomed here? Ok the gay guy may have been up to mischief, but show me one post by Edwoood that was inappropriate or offensive in any way that may not be considered due to his young age? He obviously had problems, maybe some learning difficulties, but he did nothing but be polite, share a joke and ask for advice and help in identifying who his father was and where he might be

As mentioned before he sent personal messages to members that were inappropriate.

In my role as Director of Moderation I can assure you that bona fide people will always be welcome on the SF. However we will not tolerate so called trolls or trouble makers. Its a bit like a pub the guvnor can choose who comes in to have a drink. Or has that privilige been taken away from landlords in the UK now?

what did the boy say that was inappropriate, allowing for his young age and inexperience? This is a scaffolders forum, it must have been bad if it offended anyone here..

it is the editing by swifty in both threads that should concern you. Are you an overseer for the moderators?

I have made my thoughts about people making posts and then deleting them plain on another thread.

You are obviously very bright re the overseer statement as I rarely mention it.

If you are looking for work what is your location? I have a daughter myself and I know how important Xmas is. There maybe members on here who can put work your way if you state your qualifications, experience and preferred work location.

The pm's sent by edwoood were the same as sent by ro3ert,then the avatar of a male blow up doll more or less confirmed our suspicions,why go on a scaffolders forum to look for a missing family member??you'd start with your local records office and maybe even facebook,why go on a scaffolders forum if your not a scaffolder???we dont want non scaffolders engaging us when they clearly have gay intentions,there's plenty of gay forums where they'd fit in i would imagine,but this is'nt one of them:eek:

what did the boy say that was inappropriate, allowing for his young age and inexperience? This is a scaffolders forum, it must have been bad if it offended anyone here..

Maybe you are not so bright it has been stated it was in personal messages sent to members by Edwood. One respected member even offered to forward them to you.

I have decided to keep my powder dry on that one HSWT until this guy's intentions become clearer.

it seems that there is no evidence than for anything other than bullying and intolerance. My intentions are as I stated. If I had not been subjected to accusations from members the minute I joined then I would have made my comment on the boys thread that it was sad and left it at that.

The reluctancy to forward any posts or even to make them public to the forum only serves to confirm that he received the same welcome as I did. I am a man of 53 yrs age, he was a vulnerable young lad and I will hold on to that fact until aom forward the evidence to me. The posts he claims the boy sent to him, a boy of 14. Was aom really offended by a child's comments to the point he wanted he lad banned?

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

as you all do of course.. do you think that the reception I have received will convince me I should make public my details? Do you ask all new members the same? or do you trust their integrity unless proven otherwise? and i mean truly proven, not conjecture?

it seems that there is no evidence than for anything other than bullying and intolerance. My intentions are as I stated. If I had not been subjected to accusations from members the minute I joined then I would have made my comment on the boys thread that it was sad and left it at that.

The reluctancy to forward any posts or even to make them public to the forum only serves to confirm that he received the same welcome as I did. I am a man of 53 yrs age, he was a vulnerable young lad and I will hold on to that fact until aom forward the evidence to me. The posts he claims the boy sent to him, a boy of 14. Was aom really offended by a child's comments to the point he wanted he lad banned?

I thought you were only on here to find work? I have been monitoring you and you havent visited the jobs section? Are you really a scaffolder looking for work?

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Most people looking for work put things like 'advanced scaff 10 years experience looking for work in Algeria". Its a cunning ploy to give others some information so that they can help them find employment.

I am not a scaffolder and have never claimed to be, if you have read my posts you would know that unless another moderator has edited them since... I was purely looking around the forum and made one comment on the boys thread as it spoke to me in a very sad way.

Immediately I received accusations, I have had no chance and to be honest have little inclination to consider working for people here if they are like swifty, jonnybegood and Steve198622. I am sure those three are in the minority, aom seems a fair chap.

I am seriously concerned that the boy may have received abuse similar to that aimed at me by those thinking I was him. Psychological and emotional abuse of a minor is very serious.... I am sure you are concerned for him too. I was affected by the responses I received, I am 53, how would a lad of 14, who already appears insecure and is seeking a father feel?

Do you have children? How would you react if they were treated in this way by a group of grown men who should know better? Think about that..

I am not a scaffolder and have never claimed to be, if you have read my posts you would know that unless another moderator has edited them since... I was purely looking around the forum and made one comment on the boys thread as it spoke to me in a very sad way.

Immediately I received accusations, I have had no chance and to be honest have little inclination to consider working for people here if they are like swifty, jonnybegood and Steve198622. I am sure those three are in the minority, aom seems a fair chap.

I am seriously concerned that the boy may have received abuse similar to that aimed at me by those thinking I was him. Psychological and emotional abuse of a minor is very serious.... I am sure you are concerned for him too. I was affected by the responses I received, I am 53, how would a lad of 14, who already appears insecure and is seeking a father feel?

Do you have children? How would you react if they were treated in this way by a group of grown men who should know better? Think about that..

You originally stated you came on this forum to look around and find some work as Xmas was coming. This forum is for Scaffolders its given away in the heading at the top of the page. Only rarely will you find job advertisements for social workers, brain surgeons or bricklayers in the jobs section.
Of course the psychological abuse of children is a serious matter. I have seen no abuse to the concerned party.
If you wish to make a formal complaint PM me with your email address and I will give you my e-mail address. I will make sure any complaint is fully investigated.

as aom is aware i am seeking advice on this from my wife who is a social worker for child psychology .

I have clearly seen posts seeking labouring positions, as i stated I had no opportunity to investigate the jobs section before I was pounced upon.

I am not saying the boy was abused, I am just raising concerns.

You will receive a pm from me in due course and I would welcome your support in asking aom to forward to me evidence of the lads inappropriate emails. Apparently the lad also changed his avatar to show a penis in a pair of jeans, again there seems to be no evidence for that claim and who deleted it.

as aom is aware i am seeking advice on this from my wife who is a social worker for child psychology .

I have clearly seen posts seeking labouring positions, as i stated I had no opportunity to investigate the jobs section before I was pounced upon.

I am not saying the boy was abused, I am just raising concerns.

You will receive a pm from me in due course and I would welcome your support in asking aom to forward to me evidence of the lads inappropriate emails. Apparently the lad also changed his avatar to show a penis in a pair of jeans, again there seems to be no evidence for that claim and who deleted it.

I will look forward to your PM. However I will not ask, and have no power to force aom to forward you any of his personal messages. They are personal and for aom to do with as he sees fit.

no evidence then... a mindless witch hunt it seems lads...

Top Bottom