Mandatory cisrs new entrant trainee/labourer course

FFS Bobby i thought you was hard core mate ,you WILL be on Abbots Ale with a few Glenmorange chasers thrown in Saturday night , what the fu ck are these training centers churning out these days :eek:

Holy Cow Ex-Para, Solo Diver, Spritzer drinking scaffolder :eek: what is going on in this world , iam going to turn of the computer go out the house come back in and start again because something is seriously wrong with me tonight :(

Take it ur a bitter drinker then phil????, propping up the bar giving some poor sod gbh of the inner ear ' when I was a lad we could hemp longuns with one hand' even if there not a Scaff lol

FFS Bobby i can drink Ale while chating up a young Filly and giving some yob a hiding while
quoting a job to a customer on the phone and still be hemping a long-on above me head , you young guns need to get with it , its gonna be interesting Saturday night thats for sure :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

FFS Bobby i can drink Ale while chating up a young Filly and giving some yob a hiding while
quoting a job to a customer on the phone and still be hemping a long-on above me head , you young guns need to get with it , its gonna be interesting Saturday night thats for sure :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

It will mate have t had a proper drink in 2 month so as I'm fully detoxed I will well and truly having it!!!! don't worry I know the pub just before Wandsworth bridge road if memory serves yes battle commence btw is it a boozer or bar??? Have been in there but after a few in clapham many moons ago

Explaines your forum name then SP......LOL

Dont knock it till uve tried it m8 & remember i can take the shiiit if u can take the pain:laugh::amazed::laugh:

What av i missed r u sissys meetin up for a quick babysham on saturday

Ouch :eek:

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

If Bobby gets to the bar it might just be babyshams he buys

Holy Cow Ex-Para, Solo Diver, Spritzer drinking scaffolder :eek: what is going on in this world , iam going to turn of the computer go out the house come back in and start again because something is seriously wrong with me tonight QUOTE]
:D
Pml:D:p.

Bollox to Abotts ale!!!!! Now ur showing ur age phil tell ya what if they serve it snakebites I fancy aint had one of them for years used to love em back in the day ;) or a turbo shandy lol

You every tried drip tray bobby?.....tell ya two pints of that will put you straight on your ass...

It is what it is.....drip tray. The remnants of all the driptrays; so you'll have larger, bitter , cider, stouts and ales all mixed up in a pint, tried it 4-5 yrs back, lets just say it gave me a good clear out....:sick::sick:

as from 1st Sept 2013, there is a new requirement to get the CISRS trainee or labourer card - you nw have to attend a course or have approved "In house" training

What does everyone think about it?
. It's probably a good idea, remember its down to the company to put you through training . It will show a commitment from the companies to new lads coming into the game.

Got to be honest, if a company refused to send young lads away for a course, why would another course before you start your course encourage them?

I thought the apprentices were weeded out before they became apprentices by the CITB? Do they still get the daft wee test about scale drawings and concrete strengths?

Got to be honest, if a company refused to send young lads away for a course, why would another course before you start your course encourage them?

I thought the apprentices were weeded out before they became apprentices by the CITB? Do they still get the daft wee test about scale drawings and concrete strengths?

On my yts days I was in the yard for sgb for 3 months (learning the gear tube/cuplock) then I had a 2 week induction at erith, had a blinding time we were putting up independents and other stuff even tho I hadn't even been out on site yet looked a right dope but the other boys mukked in and helped me I done the cibt test whilst on the course (ur meant to do it before hand in order to get on the course lol)

That was and prob still is my problem most of my fixing is with system all the other courses I done I struggled as did other system boys IMHO that is the biggest problem that a lot of young scaffs have these days

That actually leads me nicely onto my next gripe Bobby. I got a questionnaire from the NCC who are thinking of running apprenticeship schemes for system only. I answered back that I thought it was a terrible idea, but maybe with your experience it's not so terrible after all.

I personally think it really is the beginning of the end, a bit melodramatic probably but I can't see the point. A tube trained scaffolder can add system to his card in 2 days but a system trained scaffolder would need to start from scratch to be able to work with tube. Then we will have the usual site agents who couldn't tell the difference anyway.

Ur welcome al...... Lol

Don't get me wrong i know a few very good scaffolders that have been brought up with system but me myself because there's in truth no thinking with system as opposed to tube now I'm using tube more often than not it hasn't clicked if you know what I mean I have to be pointed in the right direction (sure I will get there but taking bit longer than it should :()

As for system only apprencships well the above says it all IMHO,tube only scaffolders would struggle with system for the first few days ( well ok then a week after the moaning stops) but the other way round it would take ages, again from my exp I joined benchmark after only cuplock and I thought I was the bollox 'yeah I'm part 2 lads" after first day I realised I wasnt:mad::embarrest:

Top Bottom