Layher

Layher is quick, but, toeboards are crap, it's gappy, the standards stick up into the lift on the top deck of a birdcage, it's very costly, and worst of all it's German!

You can get standards that are flush with the work-surface

Great,send us on the Layher part number as they are not available down here, also how do you deal with the wedges sticking up above the deck?

We haver been using Layher for 4 years and they have offered no solution to the problem in Australia.

If you have one it will be well appreciated.

Don't know about layher, but cuplok has a deck adaptor that fits on top of a standard, the upper cup screws down to lie flush with boards. Not solving your problem i know, different system. If faced with the wedge problem I would use tubular transoms to heighten the deck 2 inches thus creating a clear deck. If the scaffold needs to be an exact height, just factor in the extra 2 inches.

weigh the lot in . tube and fitting for me . doesnt matter how good or quick it is it bores the boobs off me . system scaffolds should be used where scaffolders are not availlable.
if its quick to use employers just drop your rate / price so we cant win

weigh the lot in . tube and fitting for me . doesnt matter how good or quick it is it bores the boobs off me . system scaffolds should be used where scaffolders are not availlable.
if its quick to use employers just drop your rate / price so we cant win
Agree T/F. requires that extra skill. But in all area's of employment you've got to be adaptable. System, like it or hate it is here to stay, and as a scaffolder is'nt it better to be familar with all aspects of the trade.

You can also gap ledgers to close the gaps and if you use t90 decks they will go over the ring allowing you to put the deck next to the standard, or use two half decks to close the gaps. If you have the right gear and the know how with layher you can do anything, the germans have thought of everything

that job is awsome by the way red viking yes i agree with brandy you ave 2 no everything its changing all the time so we have 2 change with it

You can also gap ledgers to close the gaps and if you use t90 decks they will go over the ring allowing you to put the deck next to the standard, or use two half decks to close the gaps. If you have the right gear and the know how with layher you can do anything, the germans have thought of everything

The germans have thought of everything

Only after thay have fecked up and we have told them how to put it right!!!

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Great,send us on the Layher part number as they are not available down here, also how do you deal with the wedges sticking up above the deck?

We haver been using Layher for 4 years and they have offered no solution to the problem in Australia.

If you have one it will be well appreciated.

You can get specials made with reduced standards and reduced wedges, but they still foul the boarding, we have to overlay double boarding on top to have a flush finish.
They do an event system with a double height transom but you also need to buy their expensive special boards to suit
a lot of money but its the dogs bolox

Red Viking, nominate ya for the Scaff's Forum academy award for best pictures, keep them coming. Brill.

Last edited:
Oh dear, makes mine look small fry

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw_aNCfkNPk"]YouTube - MAG 256 time lapse[/ame]

Last edited:
Top Bottom