ladder slipped out

It's about time the government got rid of these firms they pray on everyone by texts and emails ETC I fell out of my lorry and broke or brushed my ribs so what get on with it.I know someone who was loading a lorry and fell of the back,and there saying the firm supplied the wrong lorry the fcking wrong lorry FFS:evil:

I agree, but it's only going to get worse.

I agree with aom,that a claim could suceed under section 2.But mitigating factors are obvious in section 7.

HSAW 1974

Duties of employers

section 2 states that "It shall be the duty of every employer to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of all his/her employees", and in particular that such a duty extends to:
  • Provision and maintenance of plant and systems of work that are, so far as is reasonably practicable, safe and without risks to health;
  • Arrangements for ensuring, so far as is reasonably practicable, safety and absence of risks to health in connection with the use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances;
  • Provision of such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety at work of his employees;
  • So far as is reasonably practicable as regards any place of work under the employer’s control, the maintenance of it in a condition that is safe and without risks to health and the provision and maintenance of means of access to and egress from it that are safe and without such risks;
  • Provision and maintenance of a working environment for his employees that is, so far as is reasonably practicable, safe, without risks to health, and adequate as regards facilities and arrangements for their welfare at work.
Duties of employees

Under section 7 all employees have a duty while at work to:
  • Take reasonable care for the health and safety of him/herself and of other persons who may be affected by his/her acts or omissions at work; and
  • Co-operate with employers or other persons so far as is necessary to enable them to perform their duties or requirements under the Act.
Duties of persons in general

Section 8 requires that "no person shall intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests of health, safety or welfare in pursuance of any of the relevant statutory provisions."

I dont think he sould calime basical smooth screened concrete floor metal narrrr goes with out saying loln but you get the gaffers who if you were to say marra this ladders fekd its ne good its missing rubber feet there reply would be your ne good now get to fek, the lads had a slip trip or fall which is his own fault, as stated shouldn't be on the ladder unless a tie b4 footed we all do it and 99.99% we get away with it and & 99.99% its worth tha risk and even whent were told its aye it will be ort but some times its not marra youll know for next time

We have all done it marra, these days should be long behind us now though we have all been warned often enough.

I'd like to know wtf happens to all these ladder feet??they go out brand new,the next time you see them they're missing a couple of feet:mad:

One good thing about the forum BF, it can give guys like you and me a wee shake now and again. Think Hatterscaff posted a link of where to get them, might have to get one or two myself.

One good thing about the forum BF, it can give guys like you and me a wee shake now and again. Think Hatterscaff posted a link of where to get them, might have to get one or two myself.

They wont stay on Alistair,it's like trying to make a two year old keep his shoes on when he doesn't want them on lol,i find the heavy galv type the best and when they lose their feet,feck it anyway:noworry:

I suppose they are cheap enough but as I said on another thread, I hate waste. there was a bit of a so called special on last week at Generation with the ladders so I bought a couple of dozen 1 lifters. Next time I am on the phone I think I will order a few feet and just rivet them in place.

Few months back the gaffer had the yard man strighting out rungs on the ladders wid solebad and mash hammer still wernt stright but whent back out, thed send you back out with ladders that rungs had been rope tied back together ladders that rungs you could see threw on some sites needless to say i never tied 1 on lol

orsscaffolding

yeah you look like you wouldnt risk the lives of your employees for all the tea in india is that why the jobs shown on your webpage are all put up according to sg4:10 not cause i cant see any single handrails on the unboarded lifts standderd practice now isint it lets hope one of your men dont have an accident because you will be on the dole or in prison 1 of the 2

yeah you look like you wouldnt risk the lives of your employees for all the tea in india is that why the jobs shown on your webpage are all put up according to sg4:10 not cause i cant see any single handrails on the unboarded lifts standderd practice now isint it lets hope one of your men dont have an accident because you will be on the dole or in prison 1 of the 2

All the ladders have got rubber feet thou :p:p

i dont think they will break a wrist if they fall off a lift rubber feet on ladders aint going to save thier lifes have a little think about that mr do everything buy the book

Light duty HA HA Would you like a pillow and Quilt and ill make you a cup of tea every ten minutes or so OH AND ILL PAY YER FFS

Pillow? Quilt? Cuppa every 10 minutes? You sound like the sort of boss the scaffolding industry is sadly lacking.
Most generally want more production, higher profits and less costs.
Are you looking for scaffs?

I would give your website a wee look at and get rid of a couple of incriminating photos
there are some bitter scaffs out there

Lolo gota agree m8...am luving the one with the semi naked scaff no ppe & trainers walking away from the temp roof with a ladder.
I think in ur hasre to get ur website up & runnning maybe u ovrrlooked it lolo better delete it or photoshop it b4 hse see it.
Got some nice little jobs there though...keep up the good work

It's suprising how many firms have old photos on their websites. (Pre SG4:10 and TG20:08 and the other things we've been blessed with)

funny how orsscaffolding hasnt replied within 5 mins of that post quick enough to on the others see exactly what i meant can only work with what we got or in the stupidly time we get to put jobs up sometimes you dont get a chance to check every detail of the things we use. scaffolders cant win either way do everything buy the book you wouldnt have work in this day and age and when you just try and get on with the job and something happens its all are fault

Sorry Grafter

"scaffolders cant win either way do everything buy the book you wouldnt have work in this day and age"

By doing everything by the book,I take it you are alluding to working within current legislation.If you cannot work in a legal and proper manner then you are better not working at all in the scaffold sector.Much safer for yourself and those around you.

funny how orsscaffolding hasnt replied within 5 mins of that post quick enough to on the others see exactly what i meant can only work with what we got or in the stupidly time we get to put jobs up sometimes you dont get a chance to check every detail of the things we use. scaffolders cant win either way do everything buy the book you wouldnt have work in this day and age and when you just try and get on with the job and something happens its all are fault

Have not replied yet because sometimes i have to do something called work
After all its only 4 30 any way getting back to the site yer guilty as charged if it makes your wrist feel better.
right got to go now and check rubbers and handrails and naked men so will have a look on later if i get time.

Top Bottom