Impact wrench who gives a f@ck

Gay guns, it's in the name

you upset a few with that comment markus:laugh: lmfao!! the only thing ive seen that looks like a good idear is the spanner cable that clips and keeps ya spanner from falling now that is a good cheap idear i must drop mine 5 times a day you look up at the wrong time and your lose ya teeth:laugh:

Its not the weight of the spanner that causes wrist problems Bobby its Repetitive Strain Injury that causes the problems , that and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome i know i suffer quite bad with the old wrist after 32 years turning a spanner, i have thought about buying an impact wrench but the noise they make would do my head in that is the only reason i have not bought one yet.
I know after we have done a big strike thats been up for a while and the fittings are half seized that my wrist ache for days afterwards , this games hard enough so anything that makes life easier has to be a good thing.

you upset a few with that comment markus:laugh: lmfao!! the only thing ive seen that looks like a good idear is the spanner cable that clips and keeps ya spanner from falling now that is a good cheap idear i must drop mine 5 times a day you look up at the wrong time and your lose ya teeth:laugh:

There not dico there absolutely the most annoying thing in scaffolding the amount of times you tangled up it is unreal mate even if ur doing fook all

A might get one for kings lynn mate, probably need 35 permits before it gets through the gates like

your wrist hurt phill from carrying your wallet around lol!!!

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

There not dico there absolutely the most annoying thing in scaffolding the amount of times you tangled up it is unreal mate even if ur doing fook all

slow down then:laugh:

Quite surprised they seem quite popular yet I've only seen 1 bloke with one strange that

capes are trying them out at the moment i recon 2 yrs and these phone spanner cables will be law in the scaffolding sector. as for inpact guns each to there own scaffoldings a brutal job and takes it toll in later life not just wrists every bone in yee body its a young mans job thought the inpact gun got banned by hilti anyway

Even if you are on hourly rate you should still be doing as much as you can.
You can never do enough for a good guvnor.
If I go back on the tools I would invest in one.

Yes you should graft but you'd be less inclined to invest approx £350 when the profits aren't yours. Notice how all the gaffers have them hmmm, strange that.

Last edited:
Funny you say that Woodsie, but I do have one, so does my right hand man of a similar age though. I'm not getting the young team one as there is still an air of mistrust surrounding their use but if we ever get a job specific tool I will be the first to supply the whole squad with them as they are the future.

Rightly or wrongly, here is how I see it. The soft gay gun argument is no argument at all. Don't let anyone kid you on, the real old school scaffolders are dead and buried some time ago. If they were still here, we would have to bury them anyway as they would die laughing at these pathetic light duty fittings we use, these lightweight dinky wee so called beams we complain about having to sling up to a job, the power hoists lifting our gear or load alls shifting from one side of the site to another. Flushing toilets and hand cream, never seen the like before, next they will be wanting suntan lotion.

The dinosaurs didn't like change either, me on the other hand likes to adapt and overcome. If there is a new technology out there to make the job easier without doing just as much damage as the old way, then not only would I be a fool not to look at it but failing in my duty as an employer.

I like em Woodsie and think they are here to stay, if you are on price or not.

Nicely put alistar. I come from the old school family, and completly agree with the iw's. Anything to make our life easier im all for it. They got nothing to do with being on price, admitadly yeah there quicker but im all for ease than speed..

Exactly, and probably the real reason they have not yet been banned is because the benefits are huge and so blatantly obvious a blind man running for a bus could see them.;)

Even if you are on hourly rate you should still be doing as much as you can.
You can never do enough for a good guvnor.
If I go back on the tools I would invest in one.
. I heard you had gone one better than an impact wrench and had 3 little filipinos running around doing your work :)

Defo fecking hear them......lol lol

I first used mine nearly 5yrs ago; when i returned to malvern scaff ( still here ), 4 yrs ago the lads laughed at it giving it the big one, im not using thst effing thing never catch me with one......well well well 4yrs down the line out of 26 lads 15 have got iv's....who fecking laughing now eh....me...he he he

Yeah, you can hear them but what about a hammer monkey on a yellow jelly job, you can hear them as well?

I must admit, on beam work if the gun is touching the beam it's as noisy as feck as it reverberates down the beam, but on the whole, it's not usually the noisiest part of my day.

Yeah, you can hear them but what about a hammer monkey on a yellow jelly job, you can hear them as well?

I must admit, on beam work if the gun is touching the beam it's as noisy as feck as it reverberates down the beam, but on the whole, it's not usually the noisiest part of my day.

Let me guess alistar, same as me kids and fecking dogs round your ankles as soon as you walk in.....:mad:.i cant say the wife cos she dont nag at me.....:love:

haha, I was thinking more feking plant rooms, heavy machinery clients wanting jobs up, clients wanting jobs down, clients wanting estimates, clients wanting discounts, clients wanting a single tube moving from a job across the feking sea and clients not wanting to pay.

There's more but I got bored.

Funny you say that Woodsie, but I do have one, so does my right hand man of a similar age though. I'm not getting the young team one as there is still an air of mistrust surrounding their use but if we ever get a job specific tool I will be the first to supply the whole squad with them as they are the future.

Rightly or wrongly, here is how I see it. The soft gay gun argument is no argument at all. Don't let anyone kid you on, the real old school scaffolders are dead and buried some time ago. If they were still here, we would have to bury them anyway as they would die laughing at these pathetic light duty fittings we use, these lightweight dinky wee so called beams we complain about having to sling up to a job, the power hoists lifting our gear or load alls shifting from one side of the site to another. Flushing toilets and hand cream, never seen the like before, next they will be wanting suntan lotion.

The dinosaurs didn't like change either, me on the other hand likes to adapt and overcome. If there is a new technology out there to make the job easier without doing just as much damage as the old way, then not only would I be a fool not to look at it but failing in my duty as an employer.

I like em Woodsie and think they are here to stay, if you are on price or not.

This is the point I was trying to make but don't have the intellect to say it lol

Top Bottom