Impact wrench banning by the NASC?

I use one and work for a NASC company, not had a memo about this. Will see if anything comes in next week but I can't see it happening. The company encourages using IW and it really does speed up production. Can't see them taking this very well if its true.

our company has banned them, but i am allowed to use the Makita btw251 as i am trialing it, (Takes a good kid to kid the kidda) and i have been trialing it for over a year now.:D

our company has banned them, but i am allowed to use the Makita btw251 as i am trialing it, (Takes a good kid to kid the kidda) and i have been trialing it for over a year now.:D

you oldens need all the help ya can get lol :p

Did they give a reason for banning them?

So we do mate, also keeps the Shop steward happy, the boys are now allowed to strike with the IW. From acorns.............;)
i was rfefering to you lol asumed you were over 40 and past it :amazed: grow acorn tress :embarrest:

miss read it so we do not so do we lol

Did they give a reason for banning them?

Blanket ban, because they have no info to hand, they are more worried about over torque than under. give me a H&S manager that can tell me the difference between 40nm,55nm,and 90nm by looking at it and i will let Jakdan be the Masters new bitch, also, as we get older and also body physique types who knows what torque goes on by a spannerhand...........total Cowpoo about banning them.:D

Psh, today I had to undo some fittings by hand because the IW wasn't man enough to undo them where they'd been over tightened by hand. As you say, you can over or under do it by hand.

Here's one for you I read a set of impact gun manufacturers instruction that said don't use on scaffold fittings. Apart from noise and vibration they could help older scaffs to each aches and pains. Last one another impact gun instructions had torque 1 setting at 90nm, 40 more than is required in EN74. Torque 2 and 3 were higher. It's about PUWER, knowledge of what you are buying and how to use it

Ian

Don't use impact myself but i think they will do anything to get us all to use system

Here's one for you I read a set of impact gun manufacturers instruction that said don't use on scaffold fittings.

Remember which type that was?

I did say to myself I was going to read through the instructions, knowledge is power and all that. But they do try to bore you with it, felt my brain cells committing suicide as I tried to understand it.

FFS if you cant tell if a fitting is wrapped by even looking at it, get your Coat, if not sure tap it...you can tell by the noise.....Taxi, been doing this too long i think.;)

not even a nibble of the hook there paddy :laugh:

Because we know you are right.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Psh, today I had to undo some fittings by hand because the IW wasn't man enough to undo them where they'd been over tightened by hand. As you say, you can over or under do it by hand.

Same thing here Flinty, bet they don't put that in their adverts.

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Here's one for you I read a set of impact gun manufacturers instruction that said don't use on scaffold fittings. Apart from noise and vibration they could help older scaffs to each aches and pains. Last one another impact gun instructions had torque 1 setting at 90nm, 40 more than is required in EN74. Torque 2 and 3 were higher. It's about PUWER, knowledge of what you are buying and how to use it

Ian

Hilti don't say anything about not using it for scaffold fittings.

Noise and vibration within the limits, admittedly only just but still within.

essential for older scaffs or anyone struggling to do their job.

The advertised torque values are for controlled conditions and are a maximum achievable. As posted many times release the trigger to reduce the torque.

Do I see another training day in the safe use of IW's coming?

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Remember which type that was?

I did say to myself I was going to read through the instructions, knowledge is power and all that. But they do try to bore you with it, felt my brain cells committing suicide as I tried to understand it.

Speak to your rep Flinty, depending on what one you have the figure quoted is the maximum achievable for a maximum diameter nut of 16mm.

I can tell you this much, it will be a cold day in hell when they take mine of me.:cool:

But at least you will get another nice ticket to go with the rest

IW TRAINED

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom