hung out to dry?

Haha, a scaffs wife's worst nightmare. Bet you both built some massive hangers leaning against the bar.:laugh:[/QUOTE]

Haha,you know the one aom,kids in a candy shop springs to mind;)

I could hear the conversation.:laugh:

when i went into scaffolding just around 20 years ago i couldnt wait to get off the ground,then i couldnt wait to get my part1 which i worked 2 jobs to get along with a car because i knew i would get kept on if i could drive guys in my old banger to jobs.
I then couldnt wait to get my part 2(basic) which i worked for 2 weeks for feck all for because i knew that i wouldnt be"classed" a scaffolder until i had the said card.I have since went on to become an advanced scaffolder and have worked on some great jobs with great guys.
I beleive that in life as in scaffolding you get what you put in.

AS FOR FISHING BEING GAY,I WAS ONCE TOLD BY AN OLD FISHERMAN WHILE WORKING IN PETERHEAD THERES ONLY 2 THINGS SMELL LIKE FISH AND 1 IS FISH.HE DIDNT MENTION SHIITE SO I CAN ONLY PRESUME FISHING ISNT GAY A WORD NOW USED TO DESCRIBE TACKING IT UP THE RECTUM.
THE ORIGINAL MEANING FOR THE WORD GAY IN MY OPINION IS VERY FAR REMOVED FROM THIS :eek:

What was the other thing, the sh1t house door on the fishing boat?:laugh:

av herd many a story of a fisher man dropping his briefs at the sight of a skate :laugh::laugh:

It's all right to tell him to stop moaning but how does a bloke with a family on part 1 wages afford the exorbitant attendance fees?

Sorry I meant training fees.

He does what I had to do mate, save like a muthafu**a. :DPaid for all my courses so far, probably about £5k when you factor in the 4 weeks loss of wages for part 1&2. Luckily capes paid me my days wage while I did my assessment but I'd still have took the days loss if they hadn't.
TBH it has been a struggle at times to fund it all but I'd do it all again if I had to.

the problem is people especially scaffs dont think all they do is chase the dough which at the time is all good and well but now its bitting people on the bum i was lucky ive not had to spend any money on doing my tickets because i started on sgb 20 odd years ago and they paid for my part 1 +2 tickets not many firms are doing this and its riuning the industry because so many people are having to pay for it out of there own pocket

I agree to an extent SS, I paid for most of my own tickets but I did get my part 1 paid for but at that time it was good enough to let 4 men get work scaffolding and use my number, I was too naive to know what was going on. Now I run my own firm it does annoy me when I see other firms advertising for good scafs and complaining when they cant get them but how many have they trained, zip. That been said, when you start from scratch with a young boy round here anyway the grants available for their training are very good so the cost is pretty minimal so I can't understand why there is still this reluctance to train men for yourself.

Everybody views it different depending on a lot of factors but for me it's short sighted at best.

Since December I've spent 4 grand on training including lost wages. It was harsh and hit me hard alongside having a wedding and 3 week honeymoon to pay for. But straight away I got more money and I'm well on the way to recouping that back and inside of 12 months. Like they say you've got to speculate to accumulate.

Can't this week as I'm on a 360 mile round trip to watch the mighty Leeds United play in the 8th preliminary qualification round before round one in the league cup tomorrow against Shrewsbury :laugh:

ma heart bleeds, I'm off to fekin Peterhead.:eek:

The only consolation is they don't call it the Blue Toon for nothing.;)

sorry mate, no sympathy from me, i paid my own 1 and 2.. and after 24yrs its your own fault.. a part 1 for 24yrs ?? **** that..

Top Bottom