How did you get into scaffolding?

Rigger,

To be perfectly honest, I don't think I ever really left the wee school.:eek:

Paddy,

Good on you, I really do believe it's a scaffs thing this training malarky and personnel development. I was exaggerating slightly, I can fill in a tacho, time sheet and final demand for payment and can get by not too bad.:cool:

aom what you reckon to the binary system used in all computers :D

The base-10 number system or decimal number system is the most popular system used by humans throughout the world.
But, computers work internally with only two symbols, because of the straightforward implementation in digital electronic circuitry using logic gates.
Thus, the base-2 number system or Binary Number System is the basis for digital computers.
It is used to perform integer arithmetic in almost all digital computers.
The two base symbols or digits used in Binary number system are 0 (called zero) and 1 (called one).
We are already familiar with these symbols or digits in decimal number system.
Let us learn how to write numbers using the binary number system.
This system is analogous to the decimal number system in following the place value rule.
There, value of the place becomes ten times, as we move one place to the left, and here it becomes two times.
Place value rules in Binary number System :
The value of the right extreme place is one (1) or unity.
Value of the place increases as it moves to the left.
Value of the place becomes two times, as we move one place to the left.
So, the value of the place second from right is two times one and is equal to two.
The value of the place third from right is two times two and is equal to four.
The value of the place, fourth from right is two times four and is equal to eight.
The value of the place, fifth from right is two times eight and is equal to sixteen.
Thus, the next place values are thirty two, sixty four, one hundred twenty eight and so on.
I Conversion of base-two numerals into base-ten numerals :
The following examples will make the process clear.
Example I(1) :
Find the value of the binary numeral 1001, in the Decimal number system.
Solution :
In the given Binary Numeral,
units' place (Extreme right place) has 1.
Twos' place (Second place from right) has 0.
Fours' place (Third place from right) has 0.
Eights' place (Fourth place from right) has 1.
The value of the given binary numeral (1001) in Decimal Number System
= 1 ones + 0 twos + 0 fours + 1 eights
= 1 + 0 + 0 + 8 = 9. Ans.
Example I(2) :
Write the binary numeral 10010, in the Decimal number system.
Solution :
Binary Digit : 0 1 0 0 1
Place Value : 1 2 4 8 16
The Binary numeral 10010, in Decimal Number System
= 0(1) + 1(2) + 0(4) + 0(8) + 1(16)
= 0 + 2 + 0 + 0 + 16
= 18. Ans.
Example I(3) :
Write the binary numeral 1110011, in the Decimal number system.
Solution :
Binary Digit : 1 1 0 0 1 1 1
Place Value : 1 2 4 8 16 32 64

The Binary numeral 1110011, in Decimal Number System
= 1(1) + 1(2) + 0(4) + 0(8) + 1(16) + 1(32) + 1(64)
= 1 + 2 + 0 + 0 + 16 + 32 + 64
= 115. Ans.

Your opinion will as always be noted :bigsmile:

Erse.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

Aye, very good Rigger, but can you put a hanger in under a heli-deck.:cool:

Maths was and isnt my forte either,however we do need a basic understanding of the subject.

I personaly measure, inside to centre, with the toeboard sitting in. others measure inside to centre with the toeboard on top, then again there is centre to centre on ledgers or centre to centre on stds, like the training schools.

Independent scaffold with 1 inside board with clearence for Compo droppings. i make templates centre to cente for stds, 12" to 40" between doubles.

inside std 12" centre minus 1" for std- 9" for board= 3" clearence. 40" between std to std centres=38" 4 boards=36" 2"spare, toeboard 1.5" half inch for weather conditions ,ie, warped boards etc.

Now with TG20:08 there is a ever increasing need to be able to be comfortable with Mathematics, to be able to read drawings etc.

While i was doing my TUC Dip in OHAS, it was identifiable by myself that i needed furtherance in maths, i gained extra Skills for life training, Free from the TUC,which in itself is a recognised certificate, i was 47 years of age at the time, never too late to learn guys.

Paddy

Scaffs are the dogs dangly bits,

Right thats that sorted, all i need to do now is convert it to Metric,:eek:
Feck it i am away to my bed.:eek:

Not any more mate :nuts:

Too much money and too much sense these days to be hanging by the ghonads for a living

I built three of the fecking things (rigs) at Ardoyne point in the seventies, bet you were in Rossie in nappies on your holidays watching the MEN grafting :D

P.S. How many heli decks do you do a month

Quite right Paddy, real scaffs don't do metric.:eek:

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Not any more mate :nuts:

Too much money and too much sense these days to be hanging by the ghonads for a living

I built three of the fecking things (rigs) at Ardoyne point in the seventies, bet you were in Rossie in nappies on your holidays watching the MEN grafting :D

P.S. How many heli decks do you do a month

One of the Brents(C I think) and Cormorant Alpha were both built at Ardyne point early seventies until they decided the legs were too weak and the tides too strong for the tow.(funny I can get my jet ski about there no problem) Nothing there now Rigger except a few rotting tankers. Portavadie is even worse, great big building for accommodation and offices abandoned just months before completion looks like a ghost town and the big fancy dry dock is now a marina.

as long as us scaffs can can do the 10 x table take the board diffrence off and add the inch for bolt to bolt were laughing leave the sums for carol vordamen lol!!!

as long as us scaffs can can do the 10 x table take the board diffrence off and add the inch for bolt to bolt were laughing leave the sums for carol vordamen lol!!!

Hi Carol, can i have 2Large ones from the top, 1 on your middle and 2 off your bottom:nuts:

she looking swell these days paddy all women like to do a rubic cube on her lol!!!

Agree mate the older she gets the sexier she looks, give her 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other and a couple of connundrems on the side. ;)

I have a drinking buddy who is a lecturer and has a doctorate in mathematics, often does calcs for me at the bar, free of course.

A few day's ago Celtic bhoy asked for nick names for forum members, I suggested Paddy for "Young eater of the year 86" and then he changed his avatar, now I would have to suggest simply "Carol". Any thoughts:D:D:D:love:

A few day's ago Celtic bhoy asked for nick names for forum members, I suggested Paddy for "Young eater of the year 86" and then he changed his avatar, now I would have to suggest simply "Carol". Any thoughts:D:D:D:love:

"Sings" 'Oh Carol, i am but a fool, Darling dont leave me, as you know Scaffs rule, Darling there is no others. who can twirl a spanner tool, oh carol,you make me Droooooll, droooool

Maybe we should change the title of this thread to "How did you get into Carol".:D

Maybe we should change the title of this thread to "How did you get into Carol".:D

I have removed the Maths 10 easy lessons from the thread, as i said i would, and placed it in the Scaffolders study group.

You's can slag me, my wife and dog, however, dont ever let me hear you's blaspheme Carol, in my presence, or mark my words the effects will be the same as "Release the Kracken"

The Vorderman can, arrange my vowels anytime, LCTSOAVROLVGAEH the clock is ticking guys.:love:

Gie us a break Paddy, I'm also dislkik and still wear rigger boots cos a canny tie lace ups.:cool: Apart from that I'm as sharp as a tak.

fook me id love 2 give the vorderman a rite good shafting she looked tip tip other day in her zip dress

Top Bottom