hard hats

I always think it's best to play them at their own game and fight fire with fire.

A while back one site tried to ban rigger boots but instead of jumping up and down I explained that as their site resembled a battle ground from the first world war and as part of my own PPE requirements to supply all the scaffs with overalls the rigger boot was an essential part of the whole ensemble to stop them suffering the effects of rising damp and making them work with mud hanging from the bottom of the legs. For their ban to be effective they would need to scrape and drain their site. We never heard another word about it.

I wish I worked with people who would even listen, some people will do nothing but their way because of some misguided belief they are the best thing to happen to construction.

Working on a Seddons site, same rules apply.

Got a zero hood from ebay, thinsulate lining, 12 quid, works a treat :)

I wish I worked with people who would even listen, some people will do nothing but their way because of some misguided belief they are the best thing to happen to construction.

I sometimes wonder how these guys survive in the construction trade.

why did they ban IW?

Usual crap, one minute they don't do up tight enough, next it's too tight, then it's too noisy... it's nothing but a power trip. Yet they still come running (waddling) out the office at 8am demanding a semi is taken down by 10am, yet prevent you from using the tools to do it quick.

I sometimes wonder how these guys survive in the construction trade.

Sometimes I wonder how they still have their front teeth the way they speak to some people! :suspicious:

Top Bottom