Hand rail height

As long as no get is bigger than 470mm it don't matter everyone has there own way that is why i always put the marks on the marking stick before anyone else so i get it done my way

BELTER :laugh::laugh:

its no correct unless your going center to center and then that will make gap between top and bottom hand rail 450mm but then the gap between bottom hand rail and top hand rail will be around 250mm , looks feking naff marra belt height and level down which ever work for you

Dont tell me someone measures these:smile1:

i was putting hand rails up a roof one day on a school lift was only around 7 foot. the contractor quized me saying dont you think ever lift of scaffolding should be boarded on the way up just in case a roofer or brikie moves some board , its ok on this job but i mean when ya like in london on them big jobs had to laff at him then he get his tape out and measures me hand rail ad just wrapped off . he mesured 45 off the the tile to hand rail so it was miles less then what it should be so i took the tape off him and messured vertically from the tiles and bang on it was now stick that in you poket and go see what them roofer are doing marra

First double goes on at belt height the next one goes a level down,job done:eek:a practiced hand should get this right everytime:D

I just get the bolt on the double in me belly button then a bubble done works for me . failing that i just mark of the lift and handrail with a stick , mind you with your advanced guard rail its hard to get your belly button on the lift above before you board out :laugh:

I just get the bolt on the double in me belly button then a bubble done works for me . failing that i just mark of the lift and handrail with a stick , mind you with your advanced guard rail its hard to get your belly button on the lift above before you board out :laugh:

once sort of done it this way was told belly button on bolt and bell end for bottom bolt i dont mine and had to use a single to gett bottom handrail on as the doubbles were touching turned round and his bottom double was just above the toe board dont know what point he was trying to prove like :unsure::wondering::cry:

frederick what the feks that yellow dot next to your name same as johnny be good and spiderman

Never noticed it marra. maybe im a yellow belt mod. see you and bf are greenbelts.:cry:

I did find out recently,the black mark on my ars. which I thought was a birthmark.
Turns out it was a cigar burn when I was very young. "Hows about that then" :laugh:

Haha,that means he's offline,your's will be green because your online:cry:

cheeky cant for when it was empty you were offline?

jimmy savile lol a lad our lass worked id has posted this. '' stuart hall oh ffs another one, right its about time i told the police about the time bassel brush dry bumed me in the bbc green room in 1971 :laugh::laugh::laugh:

You were nothing more than a glint in your da's eye in 71 marra.

And to think a man that gets 3 phone calls a day, thinks if a double is turned upside down and the bolt opens it will sit there on the gate holding a 6m tube :confused:

Try it on a hanger. You can hang it on the gate no need to shut the fitting and go off for a cuppa. Thought you having worked offshore would have known that. Mind you wont work with the dutch spear fittings if that was the only field you have worked in.

Maybe your thinking I mean if you just had a 6m puncheon on one upside double and the bolt was knocked out it would stay there? even the most basic scaffolder knows that its a minimum of two fixed tubes just think of your kicker lift you did at neta or wherever!

Last edited:
OK saw a guys years ago climb up the hanger loosen the double ,knock the bolt out ,the cup caught on the tube ,he then slid down and unhooked it .
Don't try it either!

Top Bottom