forum quiet

Is That Something Else For Us To Carry Havespanner? It Really Is Getting Beyond A Joke These Days.

These so called "safety professionals" really should spend a month working with scaffolders and other high risk trades before being allowed out on their own.
How did your discussion pan out?
I have been on jobs where they make men hook on to ally mobiles at 2m high using shock absorber lanyards. Its madness.

The Discussion Finished With Me Being Removed From Site Mate, There Was No Discussion About It, The Tossers Attitude Was One Of I Have The Degree Therefore I Know More Than You, He Muttered Something About Being Banned From All Barratts Sites But They Cant Do That In Scotland Because Its Blacklisting.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

The Most Annoying Thing Was I Was Only Up Three Meters At The Time.

Maybe, You Know I Never Thought Of That, I Just Thought He Was An Arrogant ****** But I Shall Bow To Your Greater Knowledge Of The Management Phsyce.

He Was One Of Barratts Safety Officers, Not Hse. (Not Sure If He Was A Consultant Or What But His Attitude Was Deplorable)

lets be honnest you get booted off sight by some kno! you would have to wait outside the gate and give him a slap exspecially if you were banned from all sights only fair i would say may make them think next time a little chat in the office would work not the big iam but hee hoo every body deals with things differently

Gerscaff, I know it's not easy if you're income is under threat but I think these halfwits should be challenged. Some gaffers just want an easy life and accept all that is asked of them, but for me you should have your gaffer send this arrogant wee article a copy of the guidance with an explanation as to the meaning of the word guidance and another explanation as to the extent you go to comply with that guidance. Your harness users guide may also prove helpful in this case as most state around 5m clear below the user for them to be useful.

In other words, ram it right up him.

Tg 20/13? I Just Fell Out With A Safety Chappie About Sg4/10 He Said I Wasnt Working Safe On A Fully Boarded Lift Behind A Double External And Internal Handrail, Just How Safe Are You Meant To Be? (I Was Hooked On As Well).

For the life of me,cant see what his gripe was. What was missing to hand over??:wondering:

It's becoming a bit of a nightmare trying to comply with it all. I spent most of today tripping over my twin tailed lanyards. It's a job in the hills and I have never been so tempted to throw the thing down the valley. :mad:

seimens are worse on our jobs aom there spying all the time even when there on a different sight and they can see you even national grid that employes them are targeted there nothing but spys you put your foot wrong you could lose your career on these sights. the olde school are best the ones that pull you to one side the new school are barst!rds you just keep hooking on aom lol!!! unless its a weekend lol!!!

I would if it was just me but I have a couple of young boys with me so I try like fook to do it as right as I can. It was tough today though, worst things I have ever worn.

used them for years aom you soon get used to them when you remember to clip on lol!!! personally i think the harness has its place but on the right jobs not all!! come through a town today near me not gana mention were but all the scaffs had shorts vests on looked like they were haveing a well of a time on the scaffolds lol!!!

Yeah, the good old days eh. What are you meant to do with the trailing leg when there is no parking point for the tail not in use. I should read the book I suppose.

they give us these things that clip to the harness there plastic and the landline hooks in it there okay for 2 days then they snap lol!! then you just wrap the excess were you can lol!!

I know the thing you mean, the man behind them is the same guy that does the safe lynx. We have a great big sign on our lanyards telling us not to attach it to any point on the harness when not in use. I think I will just tell the boys to put it between their teeth.

Can you still wrap the lanyard around you twice Kev or does it hang loose these days?

Can you still wrap the lanyard around you twice Kev or does it hang loose these days?

hahaha!!!! i just about get in it russ ive asked for a extra large and was told i had one hahaha!!! when you reach late 40s it all goes to mars:laugh:

Top Bottom