Ecitb scaffs tkt

Not in my world Jason, it's either a truck or wagon never ever a lorry. I think it's akin to the poles and planks.:amuse:

Poles/Planks - Tubes/Boards all the same... and i try to stay away from both as much as i can.

They are heavy and make my dainty little fingers dirty. :embarrest:

"Apparently, the CITB was going to 'ban' grandfather right tickets.
You know the old ones where you could have been working on a fruit and veg stall and got a letter in the post asking you if you want either a Basic or Advanced ticket..., which was then sent off and you was then a Scaffolder"

Hiya J mate
I thought I was going to have to re do my tickets because I missed the cut off date to swap my CITB card for CISRS one.
The old boys with the gf tickets I've got to say are hands down the best that I've ever worked with, that's anywhere I've worked. The younger lads couldn't hold a flame to them mate (I **** you not). Not saying they were crap by anymeans, some were excellent but just didn't have the same amount of experience. I think most are retired now or in the office anyhow.

I did my cards through Cecol Bircham Newton and got my driving liscence via a weeks crash course 1 week after my 17th birthday. Never had an accident (touch wood) full no claims bonus. lol

Just for the sake of it, to me it's
Tubes, boards and fittings and a wagon

lol

Last edited:
"Apparently, the CITB was going to 'ban' grandfather right tickets.
You know the old ones where you could have been working on a fruit and veg stall and got a letter in the post asking you if you want either a Basic or Advanced ticket..., which was then sent off and you was then a Scaffolder"

Hiya J mate
I thought I was going to have to re do my tickets because I missed the cut off date to swap my CITB card for CISRS one.
The old boys with the gf tickets I've got to say are hands down the best that I've ever worked with, that's anywhere I've worked. The younger lads couldn't hold a flame to them mate (I **** you not). Not saying they were crap by anymeans, some were excellent but just didn't have the same amount of experience. I think most are retired now or in the office anyhow.

I did my cards through Cecol Bircham Newton and got my driving liscence via a weeks crash course 1 week after my 17th birthday. Never had an accident (touch wood) full no claims bonus. lol

Just for the sake of it, to me it's
Tubes, boards and fittings and a wagon

lol

what i want to no how gives the say how can scaffold and how cant cisrs is the ticket to have these days seems to me theres got to be a goverment insider!!! why let camron allows this to happen cameron is only trying to save money and train the country why train ecitb scaffolders that have no need to train theve payed there taxes and learnte the trade save the country some money instead of makeing the trainning centres rich!!!!

Okay..... I can't remember if if I posted on this thread before or not.....it's longer than War and Peace :p.....but for what it's worth I will say this this:

"If you can't hemp a 21 on the corner standard of a 20 lift tower (on at least a 3 foot Scarf)......slide down a 21 foot Dropper on a Hanging Scaffold......and frighten the Shyte out of your Labrador.......I don't give a F6ck what Ticket you have or don't have......you are not a Scaffolder..........!"

some can do it it...........some can't.........I respect those who can, they are Scaffolders

Love it charlie,straight to the point and true.

I had a wee bit of a ding dong with a lagger/abseiller trying to slag scaffs off about being semi-skilled.
I advised the bam that you can teach anyone how to do anything,but to be a scaffolder you need balls.
We dont need 3 ropes attached to us,or some hillwalker telling me what to do

Love it charlie,straight to the point and true.

I had a wee bit of a ding dong with a lagger/abseiller trying to slag scaffs off about being semi-skilled.
I advised the bam that you can teach anyone how to do anything,but to be a scaffolder you need balls.
We dont need 3 ropes attached to us,or some hillwalker telling me what to do

Smack him in the head and walk away......we are the elite of Construction......and everyone knows it.......there are ordinary men and there are Scaffolders and never the twain shall meet.....:D

Smack him in the head and walk away......we are the elite of Construction......and everyone knows it.......

100% Agree.

No Scaffolders = No Construction Industry.

Any tw@t can lay a brick, felt a roof, hammer a nail and twist a screw driver... but only very few can turn a spanner and do it day after day, after day, without jacking the job in and getting a new trade.

:)Charlie mate,poet,philosopher and scaff,awesome combination,luv it.

Ya mate. :)

I can not for the life of me wonder why people are still going on about the grandads card, card or no card if you could not do the job no card is going to help you,i started scaffolding in 63 just retired at 68 all the cards in the world would not have got me this far,never ever went on any citb course never ever needed to ,the guys doing the training when the citb kicked of where no better or worse than the guys around at the time.so what give them the advantage over guys the same age as us, i can understand the need for training now the younger guys have no peers to look up at ,seems to me young guys that go into some of the pubs i use are not on the floor very long and there of to do a course somewhere ,when they come back and start going on about what they had to do,and how they done it ,i have a quite little laugh to mysel fwhen i was there age any job you got to do we didnt have drawings, doubt if anyone could of read them ,them days ,no you allways had a peer who was paid to figure that job out,thats how you learnt not from a classroom.so forget about the guys who have had g/c because we learnt the hard way

Thats a big old post there Denbo, lol.

Thing is... the world is different nowadays to what it was.
Companies WANT qualifications, they want tickets and the more you have, then more 'flexible' and employable you are.

Tickets dont make you any better, but they do legally cover your arses and your employers arses.
If anything was to happen on a job, like a serious accident involving a Scaffolder, the first thing that would be asked by the HSE is: "Is this guy a Scaffolder, if so, can we see his tickets?"
No tickets = Someone is going to prison...

Unfortunately we have a 'Blame n Claim' culture now and everyone is looking to cover there arses in everyway.

I am with you 100% on the need to qualify the person who puts the scaffolding up ,and i fully aware of the need to have something in place to clarify the situation if anything does go wrong ,what is putting everybodys nose out is the clarifacation of what card you have or have not,there is no logical reason to have fully experienced scaffolders being denied the right to earn a living,on account of a organistion who if there was no scaffolders they would not exist,so denying the guys who have the g/c (if there is still anyone left) should not be a issue. 100% behind the guys

Numbers count lads. For those of you who care about future of scaffolding,you may consider joining the SCCR. Stands for Scaffolders Confederation Consultation rights.
Too many changes made without consultation of men in this industry.
The Sccr are trying to change things and is your voice. Some committee members are working their cobs off in their own time unpaid. Many issues that need your support !! Eictb issue,scaff steps to name a few. Have a look at the website.
Its only £10.00 for membership. This is not a union.

SCCR supports and represents you all.

hi ragscaff, i have only just found this forum and am interested to see if any progress has been made for the ecitb scaffolders?i am one of the unlucky ones who has been in the game 36 years, i even spent 4 years in borneo teaching the local scaffolders to become citb registered,now in my 50s i find the trade that i have grown up in since i was 18 has turned its back on the likes of myself and many others of my age group,is there no one we can talk to to resolve this shambles.

Welcome to the forum Graham, you have come to the right place to lend your support to an important issue. Not all have turned their back on this issue, have you had a look at the SCCR web site?

hi ragscaff, i have only just found this forum and am interested to see if any progress has been made for the ecitb scaffolders?i am one of the unlucky ones who has been in the game 36 years, i even spent 4 years in borneo teaching the local scaffolders to become citb registered,now in my 50s i find the trade that i have grown up in since i was 18 has turned its back on the likes of myself and many others of my age group,is there no one we can talk to to resolve this shambles.

Hi bud, contact me through the SCCR. We have a lot of guys that have been sold down the river. Most feel by the Unions. sccr@sky.com.

Stewart

fred cracking post as usual,grahamtorro i understand your anger but the SCCR is the only voice for the common scaff,but sadly there are too few on this forum who have bothered but the minute the **** hits the fan they come on here bleating about the injustice.
JOIN UP NOW FOR FECK SAKE ITS ONLY A TENNER;)

Hi Graham,sad situation with the need to express your right to earn a living,i am now retired and like you i have travelled the world to earn a crust, i retired without ever going on a citb course but allways had a advanced card , got mine in the seventies through the so called grandad card but had all ready served my time through the sixties,when they decided to extract more money from us for a so called refresher i refused to go along with them and treatened them with legal action ,got a reply back very quickly saying send a up to date photo £25 and a copy of your scats card ,a week later i got the card back. not only me but i no a lot of people who done the same, so i dont see the difference for the guyas now.

high grahamtorro yes what a shambles mate!!! durys out on this one mate!!! and for the shareholders this one ante gana be swept under the carpet!!! got a lovely new shinney plastic card from unite the union today saying thankyou for being a valid member!!!! the biggest in england and ireland the maidstone office quotes!!! well start working for your ecitb members shove your free home insurance and your life insurance we want our fooking jobs!!! do what were paying you to do get our ecitb tickets reconised like they have been for the last 2 decades. not the ecitb scaffolder reconiseing the fooking dole cue!!!! this will not go away if iam or others are unemployable come 2012 see you in court!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Dico, I know this issue is getting you down and understand how frustrating this subject has been for you so when I heard the rumour they were extending the ecitb card I thought I should let you know despite it only being a rumour. Maybe give them a ring and ask them to confirm the rumour to be true or false but hopefully all is not yet lost.

Top Bottom