do not work for this firm

Dico

In all fairness mate the agencies are only acting as middle men.If thier client asks them for a part 2,cisrs,with an enclosed space ticket, that is what they have to supply.

The ecitb issues are a different matter, The word is out that the ecitb will be phased out end of this year, main contractors have made the decision to employ only cisrs accredited scaffolders.

yeah i no mate as for phased out theve all ready done it this ticket states in
black and white that it exspires in dec 2010 so why isnt it being reconised
now i think its discusting i have a list of all the companys that have not assepted this ticket before 2010.

yeah i no mate as for phased out theve all ready done it this ticket states in
black and white that it exspires in dec 2010 so why isnt it being reconised
now i think its discusting i have a list of all the companys that have not assepted this ticket before 2010.

Mate, this is why I am so dismayed at all this ECITB stuff. I haven't met anyone for years and years who has a ECITB ticket and can remember an old mate getting refused entry to work on a Balfour Beatty site back in 1995!!!

I didn't even know they still existed until I started using this forum a few months ago.

Andy Somers
Recruitment Consultant
Robert Hurst Ltd

"Come on gents you've had your say but i think its time to close this thread "

I on the other hand believe that censorship is a terrible thing. The thread will
drop down the board when the scaffolders on this forum decide to stop posting to it.

I have no commercial interest in defending Agencies or the clients they represent but I do believe that a fair hourly rate should be offered within the job section of this "Scaffolders Forum".

Some of the rates quoted over the past few weeks are definatly an insult to the professional scaffolders that use and support this site with thier experience and the "free"advice they supply to fellow members
Well said, Rigger.

this is the problem phill.in the power industry it was assepted every where even on the street.cape alltask.interserve.sgb.proaccess.rainham industrialservices.vanges.opps.
hertels.national grid.siemens.tones.cnd.lyndons ect.i dont blame the companys just the red tape.as for agencys.ATR.ENVOLVE.ASHEMPLOYMENT SERVICES.STERFORDS.OCTAIN.
ROBERT.HURST.ECT hung out to dry.

this is the problem phill.in the power industry it was assepted every where even on the street.cape alltask.interserve.sgb.proaccess.rainham industrialservices.vanges.opps.
hertels.national grid.siemens.tones.cnd.lyndons ect.i dont blame the companys just the red tape.as for agencys.ATR.ENVOLVE.ASHEMPLOYMENT SERVICES.STERFORDS.OCTAIN.
ROBERT.HURST.ECT hung out to dry.

Well I have never really worked in the power or utility sectors mate. But I do currently work for one of the companies that you mentioned - and they haven't accepted the ECITB ticket for years, commercial OR industrial.

phil if you go back your see what you said to piss him of why i have the shits with you is you comments on my grammer and came to the table late to understand oldscaffs posts,but i am here to fight for scaffs rights not to have the piss taken out of my grammer i may have done scaffs you never get a chance to like some of the other old ones before health and saftey was about i did it because i was **** at school had no chance of a office job or a apprentership i dont regret it i have erent my respect i dont take the piss out of others either as i said you will go far yur the type.

phil if you go back your see what you said to piss him of why i have the shits with you is you comments on my grammer and came to the table late to understand oldscaffs posts,but i am here to fight for scaffs rights not to have the piss taken out of my grammer i may have done scaffs you never get a chance to like some of the other old ones before health and saftey was about i did it because i was **** at school had no chance of a office job or a apprentership i dont regret it i have erent my respect i dont take the piss out of others either as i said you will go far yur the type.

I only take the piss out of idiots.

...and 'chargehands'

My last post phil your a ******* **** so piss of i hope you can read my grammer

Been following this thread from the start, interesting topic and obviously some strongly held views no matter how they were expressed. At the end of the day this forum is for scaffolders to discuss subjects that have a bearing on their work and livelihood's. It's not helpfull to get into slagging matches because of opposing views. We now appear to have lost Oldscaff and possibly Scaff 11 because of this. Their contributions to the subject were as valid as anyone else's and I and I'm sure many others on this forum would like them back. So for my part I'm making the call, Come back on board lad's, and Phil 181 your view's were just as valid on the subject and as you come across as an intelligent guy, I'm sure you will endorse this. So come on lad's let's all get back to what the forum is about, SCAFFOLDERS SOLIDARITY.

To paraphrase an old maxim

"I may not agree with your views, but I will defend unto death your right to state them"

Surely this forum is to help fellow scaffs with info on any subject . To spit the dummy and say "that`s it am not playing anymore" is a bit childish .
Theres been things on this forum that I dissagree with strongly but I respect other poeples views and without them the word forum does not exist .Pull your bottom lips in lads and get back on the forum .

well said robbo, freedom of speech and helping each other out cant be a bad thing can it? i dont agree with the agencies coming on here taking the piss all the time, maybe the forum should charge them a small fee to see how serious they are about there listings or are they just 'hit and hope' men?

Hi Scaffarobbo, as you said this forum is to help other scaffs with info on any subject, and rightly so the lad that started this was in my opinion doing just that. But for certain people to come on hear with comments such as give it a miss ive got better things to do with my life are talking **** no wonder the game is in a mess with clowns like that in it. And as for spitting the dummy out your talking to the wrong person.Rant over.

Maybe I could have worded it better but at least your still on the forum oldscaff , appoligies if I offended .

Hi scaffarobbo, no need to appologise mate and no you have not offended me you are entitled to your opinion no problem.

its was some other persons veiw as i said but i wont have the thing about my grammer taken the piss out by anyone at all thats what piss me of and if he was jokeing it was in bad taste as for my dummy its not that all but why have a post state your veiw i think ill just look and welcome back oldscaff a man of my feelings but i cant help it if i have a thing about agencys takeing the piss out of young scaffs

Top Bottom