do not work for this firm

Re Phil181,yes i did say it was my last post, but after reading ChrisEng last posts i just had to anwser his c**p. Now this is my last POST.

Re Phil181,yes i did say it was my last post, but after reading ChrisEng last posts i just had to anwser his c**p. Now this is my last POST.

Personally, I would have emphasised 'LAST' in upper case rather than 'POST'

Yeah i am wiv ya there to many piss takers need a good S**P i do a hard days i want hard days money

you do well as a vip member phil you just here to piss to piss oldscaff of or you just a rude ****

you do well as a vip member phil you just here to piss to piss oldscaff of or you just a rude ****

You don't need to be special to become a VIP member - you just need to make 250 posts.

My ultimate dream however, is to one day become a 'chargehand'.....

you make a good onr then if that all it takes right some bull **** and you a know it all lol

i am right then a piss taker,and i must be a real scaff then i cant write thats why we did the job

Come on gents you've had your say but i think its time to close this thread

Andy Somers
Recruitment Consultant
Robert Hurst Ltd

"Come on gents you've had your say but i think its time to close this thread "

I on the other hand believe that censorship is a terrible thing. The thread will
drop down the board when the scaffolders on this forum decide to stop posting to it.

I have no commercial interest in defending Agencies or the clients they represent but I do believe that a fair hourly rate should be offered within the job section of this "Scaffolders Forum".

Some of the rates quoted over the past few weeks are definatly an insult to the professional scaffolders that use and support this site with thier experience and the "free"advice they supply to fellow members

well said rigger the crap agencies no how they are.tom and andy just scrapping through
lol.

Andy Somers
Recruitment Consultant
Robert Hurst Ltd

"Come on gents you've had your say but i think its time to close this thread "

I on the other hand believe that censorship is a terrible thing. The thread will
drop down the board when the scaffolders on this forum decide to stop posting to it.

I have no commercial interest in defending Agencies or the clients they represent but I do believe that a fair hourly rate should be offered within the job section of this "Scaffolders Forum".

Some of the rates quoted over the past few weeks are definatly an insult to the professional scaffolders that use and support this site with thier experience and the "free"advice they supply to fellow members

I agree with you Rigger - I think some of the rates I've seen from other agencies have been ridiculously poor. We and some other agencies I've noticed try and get you guys the best possible rate. we try to be fair as possible. My rates will never drop to £8 for a part 2 I would rather not take the work offered from the client in the first place. I know a lot of you guys don't like agencies and sometimes its justified but there are good ones out there that do try and locate work with the best possible rates for you. There seems to be a myth that we make loads of money off each guy but you would be surprised on what we actually make after pay rolling you guys and chasing the debts when companies don't pay us.

your right mate but that phil came in a bit late never followed the chat and then tell a good member to go, i said a while back take the post out but they seem to enjoy,

your right mate but that phil came in a bit late never followed the chat and then tell a good member to go, i said a while back take the post out but they seem to enjoy,

Show me where 'I told him to go' ?

He threw his toys out of the pram after being rude in a reply to a completely polite post by a well liked and respected member of this forum.

He then declared that he was never gonna post on here again (which is fair enough) - But I found it a bit ironic when he was clearly making posts on the same thread - 4 days later.

This ain't a Girl Guides forum... and I'm sure Oldscaff is big enough to look after himself.

Show me where 'I told him to go' ?

He threw his toys out of the pram after being rude in a reply to a completely polite post by a well liked and respected member of this forum.

He then declared that he was never gonna post on here again (which is fair enough) - But I found it a bit ironic when he was clearly making posts on the same thread - 4 days later.

This ain't a Girl Guides forum... and I'm sure Oldscaff is big enough to look after himself.

yeah were like a few on here come on lads id like a pound for every time i get pissed off let us scaffs stick together if we want a row lets have a row with her indoors.lol

Andy
Glad you agree that some of the hourly rates posted are an insult to the members of this forum and that you will pay a fair wage for the duties expected from your employees

As for your comments
"There seems to be a myth that we make loads of money off each guy but you would be surprised on what we actually make after pay rolling you guys and chasing the debts when companies don't pay us."

The reason any business exists is to generate a profit,you dont "payroll" the scaffs as a charitable act,you do it as an investment to make your profit when marked up and invoiced to your clients.The chasing up of debt is I am sorry to say the norm in this present commercial climate.With due respect it is up to your company who you take on as clients and thier credit worthiness.It has nothing to do with the scaffs you employ.

Please do not take this as singular critism of yourself or the company you work for, I believe you offer a service and a chance of work to the members of this forum as do others that post vacancies to the board.Wether members take up the offers is down to them.

I will have a respect for the "agencies" when they start to contribute to the training and equipment that they demand from the workforce they use as a means of turning a profit.

Andy
Glad you agree that some of the hourly rates posted are an insult to the members of this forum and that you will pay a fair wage for the duties expected from your employees

As for your comments
"There seems to be a myth that we make loads of money off each guy but you would be surprised on what we actually make after pay rolling you guys and chasing the debts when companies don't pay us."

The reason any business exists is to generate a profit,you dont "payroll" the scaffs as a charitable act,you do it as an investment to make your profit when marked up and invoiced to your clients.The chasing up of debt is I am sorry to say the norm in this present commercial climate.With due respect it is up to your company who you take on as clients and thier credit worthiness.It has nothing to do with the scaffs you employ.

Please do not take this as singular critism of yourself or the company you work for, I believe you offer a service and a chance of work to the members of this forum as do others that post vacancies to the board.Wether members take up the offers is down to them.

I will have a respect for the "agencies" when they start to contribute to the training and equipment that they demand from the workforce they use as a means of turning a profit.

iam one of the lucky ones thats working why arnte your agencys accepting
ecitb,youve got exsperienced men on here out of work twiddling there fingers
at home in the day cos they ante got cisrs you wanted besc national grid
the other month competent persons you had em but cos they didnt ave cisrs
you didnt want them so come on lads make it happen.

Dico

In all fairness mate the agencies are only acting as middle men.If thier client asks them for a part 2,cisrs,with an enclosed space ticket, that is what they have to supply.

The ecitb issues are a different matter, The word is out that the ecitb will be phased out end of this year, main contractors have made the decision to employ only cisrs accredited scaffolders.

Top Bottom