CISRS info

Understand fully. Perhaps I was a bit out of order stating it was a money spinner but does make you think considering all other events.

It does however state that an advanced scaffolder will require the refresher if he wishes to continue to be able to sign off/inspect scaffolds scaffolds.
Hence my point, a scaffolder of 20+ years hands on experience will have to get a 2 day course guy to tag/sign off his scaffolds.

Exactly .

hi aom.... am not sayin he is not a good guy and if u say u no him and he is a good laf then thats good...all am saying is that the word up here in aberdeen is that cisrs done a deal with him to become a cisrs instructr withour havin been on the tools or havin a nvq...this meens that advanced scaffoldrs with a nvq are being preventd from havin that kinda job when cisrs are letin anybody become instructrs. its like letin a part 1 scaffoldr erect a 2 way shore....he dozny no what he is ment to be doin

In answer to your point about getting on site with a training certificate for system scaffolds Simian (Simon or Ian), I was stopped from erecting a basic cuplok independent a couple of weeks ago as I did not have a training card specific to cuplok. Considering I have held an advanced card since 1979 and have erected and instructed hundreds in the use of cuplok since its inception and various other system scaffolds it came as a bit of a sickner to be told that!!
I'll have to start up a training company for system then so I can give myself a card. lol
Going back to the point about training competence, I still feel you have to have experience to be able to teach others.

i know a kid whos english born in uk ,uk passport,parents and grandparents born in the uk infact his family tree traces him back to richard the lion heart ,think he might be intrested but he cant supply you with a fixed lithuanian address and he woent get shot when he gets home ,should he chance his arm and apply ?

In answer to your point about getting on site with a training certificate for system scaffolds Simian (Simon or Ian), I was stopped from erecting a basic cuplok independent a couple of weeks ago as I did not have a training card specific to cuplok. Considering I have held an advanced card since 1979 and have erected and instructed hundreds in the use of cuplok since its inception and various other system scaffolds it came as a bit of a sickner to be told that!!
I'll have to start up a training company for system then so I can give myself a card. lol
Going back to the point about training competence, I still feel you have to have experience to be able to teach others.

Ray, you can always book on our 2 day cuplok course and get it on the back of your card and it will stop you getting any more grief. I understand your experience and you wont be the first to come on a system course and say why am i here but they are not our rules we just work to them.

With regards to the instructor thread, and i will make this clear:

The centre holds the registration not the instructor, they are the rules, you cannot go to anywhere in the world and say i am a CISRS instructor as you cannot issue the certificates and without the correct certificate you dont get a card, the certs are issued from the centres. The instructor cards are removed now due to old instructors going to india, nigeria and showing them to get jobs, once they had trained people they were coming over here to get their card applications knocked back.

So to clear this all CISRS instructors need ADV card and five years experience, i looked at Total Access and i know the guys who run it and they offer system training not CISRS system training. The reason why they run it up there could be they are in a really good position as there is not a cisrs centre for 200 miles.

If their instructor came to my centre and gave me his qualifications and i sent them off the scheme manager would refuse them.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Ray, you can always book on our 2 day cuplok course and get it on the back of your card and it will stop you getting any more grief. I understand your experience and you wont be the first to come on a system course and say why am i here but they are not our rules we just work to them.

With regards to the instructor thread, and i will make this clear:

The centre holds the registration not the instructor, they are the rules, you cannot go to anywhere in the world and say i am a CISRS instructor as you cannot issue the certificates and without the correct certificate you dont get a card, the certs are issued from the centres. The instructor cards are removed now due to old instructors going to india, nigeria and showing them to get jobs, once they had trained people they were coming over here to get their card applications knocked back.

So to clear this all CISRS instructors need ADV card and five years experience, i looked at Total Access and i know the guys who run it and they offer system training not CISRS system training. The reason why they run it up there could be they are in a really good position as there is not a cisrs centre for 200 miles.

If their instructor came to my centre and gave me his qualifications and i sent them off the scheme manager would refuse them.

If the instuctor comes on here and tells me different well.................

Thanks for clearing that up lads, I'll start saving up for the course lol. no I'll contact you soon for the info.
Another reason for them doing system courses is that it is used far more than down here perhaps.

safety passport

hi there guys, i was just wondering if you could let me know what a safety passport is as i don't know, and how do you get them ? thankyou!!

Another money making scheme to part you from your cash before working in places like power stations. Not sure where you are but plenty offering the training especially close by the particular sites.

i'm in cumbria, would ya say there worth having like or not? i'm wanting to go offshore sometime like just need to do my courses as i havn't bothered with them!!

hi aom.... am not sayin he is not a good guy and if u say u no him and he is a good laf then thats good...all am saying is that the word up here in aberdeen is that cisrs done a deal with him to become a cisrs instructr withour havin been on the tools or havin a nvq...this meens that advanced scaffoldrs with a nvq are being preventd from havin that kinda job when cisrs are letin anybody become instructrs. its like letin a part 1 scaffoldr erect a 2 way shore....he dozny no what he is ment to be doin

Hi Beaver, hopefully Simian have cleared that up, it's never just as simple as first appears. What's the work situation in the granite city, haven't been up that way for what feels like a very long time when everything was slowing down?

Don't bother if off shore is the goal. Just stick to the minimum requirement and eventually you will get a kick in and then they will put you through any courses you might require.

Gen 2 at Lillyhall, Workington, 01900 701318 they are also in Carlisle course is 2 days lasts for 3 years, then you need 1 day refresher to revalidate.

Hi Beaver, hopefully Simian have cleared that up, it's never just as simple as first appears. What's the work situation in the granite city, haven't been up that way for what feels like a very long time when everything was slowing down?

Beaver why not become an instructor yourself, see what it is like on the other side, you may change something.

whats the clause in it like for getting it part funded or free, cos if there isn't anything i will definalty tell my boss in mornin then he can book me a course!!

The clause is it's for the young team and will take at least 3 years to complete with the first 3 weeks college time learning the difference between a paddy and a 5ft. Not a total waste of time but a fairly long drawn out process for negligible results.

would like to be an instructr but cant spel to good but am goin to night classes....simian there is another centre in scotland its ncc and they offr cisirs system courses,,,my point is that we should only alow advanced scaffoldrs to become cisrs system scaffld and tube n fittn scaffld intructrs coz you need years of on the tools experiance to no how to advise all the scaffldrs that you are trainin....allowin non scaffoldrs to train scaffldrs is like allowing non briklayers to train briklayers..its not safe and its wrong...how many lads on this forum would let there son be trained by a non scaffolder to erect scaffolding????...be honest.

Top Bottom