CISRS info

So it's all about making money ??

* Is NASC goverment funded ?

* Is NASC a registered charity ?

* Is it an "association" whereby it pays it's employees a wage but any profit is
put back in for research etc ?

* If all the haters dislike them so much ...breakaway ,2 fingers to the man ,
Burn your harness with gay abandon and slash it up or sign on ,taxi driver,
landlord or set up your own trade body ......

So it's all about making money ??

* Is NASC goverment funded ?

* Is NASC a registered charity ?

* Is it an "association" whereby it pays it's employees a wage but any profit is
put back in for research etc ?

* If all the haters dislike them so much ...breakaway ,2 fingers to the man ,
Burn your harness with gay abandon and slash it up or sign on ,taxi driver,
landlord or set up your own trade body ......

Can I borrow your harness so I can burn it with gay abandon?

I haven't got one :sad:

Last edited:
Can I borrow your harness so I can burn it with gay abandon?

I haven't got one :sad:

No you can't but if you have some spare thermite you turn some safety steps into molton metel .....

*window cleaner is another career option *

All centres charge roughly the same mate..

No you can't but if you have some spare thermite you turn some safety steps into molton metel .....

*window cleaner is another career option *

Yeah I thought about getting a window cleaning round.

But I'm scared of heights...

the centre is called somthin like total acces training in scotland. his name is derik littel fae aberdeen and he did his part 1 in glasgow and his part 2 down south. sombody in this forum was on his part 1 with him and said he needed a hand to build qwikstage. i thoght u had to be a advanced scaffolder with a level 3 nvq to be a cisrs instructor. this guy has never been on the tools he was a scaffold salseman. how can a non scaffolder train scaffoldrs???????

Hi Beaver, I knew Derek very well when he was working out of Rutherglen. It makes a lot more sense when you know the guy you are talking about. As Simian has said not all trainers are cisrs but Derek has been training and working in the scaffold game for a number of years now. I think he started out with PASMA and grew into it from there. A good guy full of patter and as good as any other instructor I've ever met.

cant think why anybody would want to waste there money on advanced less face it 50 pence you got to do a lot of hours to make it worth your while at the end of the week and you collect all the s!it along the way

2 week course could be several diff employers

I think from an employers point of view, more and more clients are looking for advanced cards even for basic jobs but rather than argue with everybody it's easier just to get the training.

We are getting advanced accreditation for the centre this week. I'll put the price on in a bit

Maybe Im being a bit thick here but if they are not offering CISRS training then how would that be recognised within the industry then?

Think part 1, part 2, advanced are the same price.. definately get the advanced, more money, more opportunities...

I have read this and its a refresher for operatives who inspect scaffolds, not all advanced and scaffolders do. the paragraph above states

CISRS and NASC deem CISRS Scaffolders and Advanced Scaffolders competent
to inspect scaffold structures based upon the grade of card they hold. i.e. A CISRS
Scaffolder can inspect Basic Structures Independents, towers birdcages etc (this
list is not exhaustive) and an CISRS Advanced Scaffolder can inspect both Basic
and more complex structures Hanging Scaffolds, temporary roofs, complex design
work (this list is not exhaustive).

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

i would not say it is a money making scheme as inspectors will undertake a one day refresher on the changes in the industry. Things are changing monthly in the industry so it is an update.

Understand fully. Perhaps I was a bit out of order stating it was a money spinner but does make you think considering all other events.

It does however state that an advanced scaffolder will require the refresher if he wishes to continue to be able to sign off/inspect scaffolds.
Hence my point, a scaffolder of 20+ years hands on experience will have to get a 2 day course guy to tag/sign off his scaffolds.

Last edited:
Top Bottom