big thanks to better tax

I'll call this The Epilogue! as it provides me an opportunity to show that we actually do what we say we do, and demonstrate that (as I'd gently tried to point out to him) 'Skid's' knee-jerk finger-pointing should be aimed at other less professional companies...

So following on from the vitriolic and somewhat repetitively incoherent tirade from the poster known as ‘Skid’- a little of which I admit was frankly good advice – some of which however was ill-researched and melodramatic fear-mongering ...and some of which was patently slanderous in terms of his assumptions about how we at Bettertax work.

I had explained at length in my reply post that when working with our clients we most certainly do not “put words in their mouths” as claimed by ‘Skid’, moreover that when there is an inquiry (& unlike our competitors) we don’t leave our client to fend for himself- no, we manage the enquiry and engage HMRC and the compliance officer on behalf of our client- until the case is concluded.
He however decided to ignore it and continued in the same fashion

During this period we were working on just such an inspection...
And ironically, as if to totally refute Skid’s accusations - we have now received the conclusion from an HMRC Compliance Officer in relation to the latest HMRC refund inspection inquiry that we have completed for a client (a bricklayer BTW).

For indisputably conclusive evidence I have quoted the salient points from the closure notice below...

But in summary you will notice that following the two months of work we did on this inquiry, the conclusion is that rather than our client having to repay any of his original £1,397.40 refund...
.. HMRC‘s own findings now state that they actually owe our client a further £929.20!
:laugh::laugh:

Quoted from:
HM Revenue & Customs
Local Compliance

Small & Medium Enterprises

"

Dear Sir
Information about our check of your Self Assessment Tax Return – year ending 5 April 2010
I have now completed my check of your Self Assessment Tax Return for the year ending 5 April 2010. This letter is a closure notice issued under Section 28A (1) & (2) Taxes Management Act 1970.”

My Conclusion
Your return has been amended with the information sent to me by your tax advisers, The Bettertax Organisation Ltd.
I have amended your Self Assessment return to reflect my conclusion.
• It previously showed you had paid £1397.40 too much tax
• It now shows that you have paid £2326.60 too much tax
• The difference is £929.20

I enclose details of my calculations.....<snipped>.....
.... .....
What happens next?
The overpayment shown on your Self Assessment statement is £929.20. If you would like us to repay this to you, please call our SA Helpline after the 30 day appeal period
.” :D

regards, roger:amuse:

Nice one Bettertax, I like them onions just fine. One word of caution though, getting a bricklayer a rebate on this forum is akin to being in league with Diablo himself.:bigsmile:

Top Bottom