big thanks to better tax

Cheers for singing our praises @SSSTSAdvScaff

@Bundy the amount of work that goes in to the service can be worlds apart from client to client.

Admittedly if you're someone who's been doing online SAs for years with HMRC accounts up to date, with no outstanding fines, penalties or determinations and keeps exemplary records of every job you do and all the expenses you've incurred over the year with good refunds coming back, chances are that you're unlikely to need us.

We see our service & expertise as our USPs but if you take a look at what our customers think on the Freeindex (on which we're the current & clear number 1 ranked tax advisor out of 339 in the UK) you'll see that nearly all of them have given us a 5 star rating for value too.

Not trying to knock you buddy, especially as I have no experience in dealing with your company. Was going purely on my/my friends' claims using RIFT. They took a lot longer than anyone would expect and there wasn't a single person satisfied with them.
As I also said, if people really don't mind (and plenty won't) paying a fair slice of their claim in fees, then given the great testimonials you have on here, then they would be better using yourselves. I would also add that all our lads were PAYE and I'd imagine there is far more work for yourselves when dealing with clients who are CIS in which case I'd have been happy paying those fees considering the amount of paperwork involved.

No, we know that @Bundy and equally, I wasn't having a pop back. Funny how things can read a lot harsher that they're intended. I just didn't want people to think that we were charging unfair fee's for the amount of work involved :)

30% as you say is a fair slice of the claim, but if the amount of money we're able get you back is twice the amount you can get by yourself, you still end up with more money in your pocket...even after our fee. Like you say it's personal choice but this is what we do, we know everything you can claim and the best ways to claim them in order to maximise the refund...Guess what I'm trying to say is that if I need to fix my roof, I can get some scaffolding gear and give it a crack but both you and I know Bundy, that you would do a far better job ;)

I wouldn't be so sure.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

had my first contact today with ricky from better tax no pressure just a chat and i was suitably impressed with the lad to let him handle my claim.i liked what i heard no crap sales pitch just a good chat on how and what service they will provide for me.

I have to say 30% is a fair old amount to be paying. I know you are saying it's money that we wouldn't otherwise get back bettertax but it's still OUR money regardless.

. Just remember one thing peoples !.. when you gt yor Rebates n uve enjoyd spending it all .. MAKE SURE U KEEP ANY , NO , ALL RCEIPTS N PROOF OFF ALL U CLAIMD BACK .. COZ WHEN THE TAX MAN ASKS U ( in a couple o yrs ) 4 THE PROOF n U CANT COZ UVE BEEN MISSLED N CLAIMD WAY 2 MUCH ... *** U WILL AFF2 PAY IT ALL BACK *** FACT *** Lots of companys over the yrs aff dun this n unless u can prove wot u r claiming 4 ... it ALL GOES BAKK 2 THE TAXMAN .... ORRRR n bytheway *** U WONT GET THE 30% BACK *** CAUTION PEOPLES ***

. Just remember one thing peoples !.. when you gt yor Rebates n uve enjoyd spending it all .. MAKE SURE U KEEP ANY , NO , ALL RCEIPTS N PROOF OFF ALL U CLAIMD BACK .. COZ WHEN THE TAX MAN ASKS U ( in a couple o yrs ) 4 THE PROOF n U CANT COZ UVE BEEN MISSLED N CLAIMD WAY 2 MUCH ... *** U WILL AFF2 PAY IT ALL BACK *** FACT *** Lots of companys over the yrs aff dun this n unless u can prove wot u r claiming 4 ... it ALL GOES BAKK 2 THE TAXMAN .... ORRRR n bytheway *** U WONT GET THE 30% BACK *** CAUTION PEOPLES ***

I was going to ignore the above post from Skid, as those of you scaffs that are our clients have dealings with the team here and know full well what we’re like.:amuse:

But he’s now posted it again on our thanks thread, so I do feel I should address it somewhat.

Firstly, I do think that it is noteworthy that although skid has made identical posts, it’s easy to see that within the text they do offer some good advice and counsel caution... As they serve as a fair warning for those that think they can make & claim hugely exaggerated expenses... and get away with it, because sometimes you can’t!
And when that happens , boy are you in trouble!

Ultimately it is your responsibility to substantiate what you claim, and all the agents that we know of will walk away as soon as there is an inquiry... claiming that “it’s your problem” and that “you need to deal with the HMRC Inspector” muttering something about “but thanks for the money... byeeee” .
The problem is that inspections and compliance checks are random.
They can and do happen to anyone.

For this Bettertax has procedures in place and we feel that we offer the very best service in the country.

At Bettertax, for our clients who become the subject of an investigation by HMRC, we don’t leave them to fend for themselves against the Compliance Officer, NO! :-

***WE deal with HMRC totally... start to finish!***
***WE engage with the HMRC Compliance Officer***
***WE prepare, present and defend the case on behalf of our client***
***WE argue , counter & negotiate on our client’s behalf***
***WE agree the settlement, before we engage the client again*** AND
***WE foot the bill for it*** (how’d ‘ya like ‘dem onions?:bigsmile:)

Beyond that, when we have finally reached a resolution with HMRC, and if there is any money to be handed back to HMRC
***WE refund our fee proportionately*** !!!!:idea:

However, we can only offer the above IF our clients don’t bury their heads in the sand when they get one of these inspection letters as have done a couple of our clients (if we can’t engage in dialogue with you, then we can’t begin to help... simple as!) and IF you haven't just submitted totally spurious and wholly fabricated claims (for which even the best defence lawyers can't offer a win) and therefore pointless for us to get involved.

And then we have the one client who made up a heap of mileage and claimed for it... for three consecutive tax years running!
Now he’s caught in an investigation & we find out he wasn’t even using his own vehicle, let alone footing the bill...not a lot we can do there, I’m sure you’d agree.
But all of these examples I can count on the fingers of one hand.

On the positive, it is worth exploring those clients that do engage and work with us when they become the subject of an investigation.
In all of those cases that we have worked on, the vast majority have retained 96% of their original claim, some have retained 100% of their claim and in three cases Bettertax found further expenses that HMRC agreed it owed and paid out further repayments, the last one got a further £756 on top of his original £2,406 refund... I somehow don’t imagine he writes posts like Skid’s

Which brings us neatly back to Skid, and the fact that I doubt very much if Skid is a client of ours.
We have written to him and asked him, he's ignored it...but did elect instead to flame on our ‘thanks’ thread again!
But if in the highly unlikely event that he is a cleint of ours ... then he can only be the “I made up 1000’s of miles of claims every year, but I don’t have (and never did have) a vehicle .....and now I’ve been caught so it must be your fault guys”
... go figure? :wondering:

Regards,
roger

Last edited:
No never been a client of yours or any other company like yours ... i,v allways dun my own returns over the past 25yrs .... i hav a sister who works (high up) in the tax office n she keeps me right !... i,v herd about n spoke to a few people who r using use 4 ther returns n wot i,m hearing is WRONG !... use r leading people on ,, putting words in2 ther mouths ,, making out ther can claim 4 this n that BUT not telling them that if ther cant prove all that they r claiming 4 WHEN THE TAXMAN AUDITS THEM ,, N HE WILL ,, n ther cant prove it .. the moneys Have 2 b paid back !.... just wanna tell every1 *** ONLY CLAIM BACK WOT U CAN PROVE UVE LAID OUT ***

... Any1 remember ** TAXBACK UK ** ? ... Hundreds n hundreds of contractors jumpd on the band wagon COZ this company provided a service at a 30% comission fee to claim allsorts of taxback for its clients ** Hugely Exaggerated Expenses ** FOR ITS CLIENTS .. WHY ?.. COZ THER GOT 30% ... They told ther clients 1 n a 100 may get audited !... as it all turned out EVERYONE GOT AUDITED ............ EN BELIEVE ME IT WONT B LONG B4 THE TAXMAN HAS A GOOD LUCK AT ALL THESE CLAIMS THAT ARE COMING THRU ** BETTERTAX ** Agen *** CAUTION ***

... Any1 remember ** TAXBACK UK ** ? ... Hundreds n hundreds of contractors jumpd on the band wagon COZ this company provided a service at a 30% comission fee to claim allsorts of taxback for its clients ** Hugely Exaggerated Expenses ** FOR ITS CLIENTS .. WHY ?.. COZ THER GOT 30% ... They told ther clients 1 n a 100 may get audited !... as it all turned out EVERYONE GOT AUDITED ............ EN BELIEVE ME IT WONT B LONG B4 THE TAXMAN HAS A GOOD LUCK AT ALL THESE CLAIMS THAT ARE COMING THRU ** BETTERTAX ** Agen *** CAUTION ***

well can i just say that better tax got one thing correct.....their NAME there service is 1st class there manners employees and all round operation i have personally found to be far far superior to those of some of there compeditors,which i can assure you skid are lagging way behind the better tax operation.each and every time myself and associates use rosie and co they just get BETTER keep the good work up better tax class outfit no need to worry about this class outfit skid.

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

ps i would personally learn to compile a coherant sentence before taking time out to try and besmirch the name of others skid,your not touting for a bit of buisness yourself are you lol.

Ha ha .. must educate myself better !.. becum an educated scaff !... n No not touting 4 any bizzness celtic boy just think peoples need 2 b aware of these companys who make lots of money outa wot we earn . therz bn many like this over the yrs n the taxman ALLWAYS catches up2 them !...

all legal above board with better tax skid as you say keep to what you out lay and youll be ok,just ashame there are tax companies out there flouting the law and making spuriouse claims for lads thats why i and many others i know use better tax all above board open and to the letter of the law you should give em a ring skid.

No need 2 ring them .. never needed any1 like them .. never will !.. i do me own evry time ... if it can b claimd bak , i get it bak , n i,d deffo not pay sum1 30% of wots mine anyway ,,, dnt make sence 2 me that 1 dont !...

wer u working at now then * celticboy ** ?.. u the same who was at LOR wen all the **** was going on arrnt ya ?... ;)

lol never worked there skid am afraid wink wink looks like you get your wires crossed again,ps much improved sentencing by the way keep the good work up wink wink.

Ha ha love these posts..you all write how you speak. Dont change Skid,Pikey.Celtic boy you getting a bit posh lately

wirez mixd up a bit ther , deffo .. dnt no bowt agen Tho !.. ;) .. St Furgus a long time bak !.... ;) ....... ha ha .. write it as ya say it i say Frederik fella .........

not to worry skid we all get mixed up from time to time,fred iv still to meet a posh govan lad yet lol.

Top Bottom