been offered work in Canada

Yep.. 1 or 2 lol.....

Bollox anyway " big jobs " its all the same innit ?? just higher and longer... technical jobs were you have to use your head are better.. boring banging long runs in all day lol...

Sorry thought you were on about major projects with long durations and large workforces not long high scaffolds.:unsure:

hi steady29, can you tell me the firms name that have offered you the job please. many thanks

If it is colin hughes who used to work for pyeroy hes a decent guy that will look after you if your any good.

Was allways good to me when i worked for him.

Johnybegood mate the money up in alberta is on par with the rates in western australia so i have been told so cant really see you struggling to get 30 bucks an hour mate

good luck steady

vllb to be a supervisor in canada or for that fact any country would we have to be in possesion of a british gold card to meet the minmum criteria for theses posts,maybe hswt will be able to answer this one for me too thanks.

Nah mate not in Canada, our certs ain't really recognised over there, plus in Alberta they have their own carpenter/ scaff qualification. It's not a bad thing to hold the gold card though obviously :laugh:

just curious so a scaff going over would need canadian certs then,not in the least bit intrested in the job just wanted to gague the level of certs you would need for canada thanks mate.

They have their own scaff certs, however you can " challenge " the course, and they get you to build something ( probably a 2 lift tower :nuts: ) if not its a 3 month course to get the card accepted by the union, obviously non union jobs your ok. Then you have to sort visa which is not as easy as its made out.

hi steady29, can you email me some details about the job in canada, i have just been strung along for the past two months, i was offered a job in nz, but they didnt even have the contract for the work that they said they had, my email is billym177@aol.com cheers mate

hi lads i just thought id let you know where i am with this i had a call from colin hughes on tuesday telling me to expect a call now as i had not heard anything by today i txd him and asked what was happening and he told me they had passed me up as they didnt like lads who sub contracted men for jobs as they saw me as a risk to which i stated i dont i only really look after myself and the few lads i work with and his reply was dont worry ill get you on the next 1 so as far as im concernd this is a no go ok lads but if he stands by what he said to me ill keep you all informed thanks for your input lads

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

this is the message i was sent but iv deleted the number as it aint mine to give out

Fancy Canada im looking for two chargehand / Supervisors? town & Industrial works ring me cheers colin please bear in mind im in canada im 8 hours behind you if you cant get through text me an ill call back.....2yrs visa fully sponsored inc flights.....

as i said lads if things change ill keep you posted

You can't really sponsor a visa, they are very difficult to obtain for Canada, the employer needs to advertise the job first, and if anyone with same qualifications/experience applies from canada your out the picture. If your under 35 you can try for a working holiday visa, It is difficult to do it legally.. good luck though its a beautiful country.

colin hughes from everton... worked pyeroy,, understudy to craig stephens, ran the job in gsk cork alongside brian shields.... i left... not happy... for reasons i wont discuss openly

Top Bottom