been offered work in Canada

steady any chance going over with you or giveing me the company name and contact,so i can send my cv over

Its not easy getting a canadian visa lads... look into it.. long process...

steady any chance going over with you or giveing me the company name and contact,so i can send my cv over

Go to face book search for scaffold industrial add them as a friend. Send Colum Hughes an email he is looking for supervisors to go to Canada. He is on his way back from there now.

Best of luck.

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

Straight to the point you don’t mess about.:D

jonny do you know this colin and what is he like to work for

I personally never met the guy, I have only ever heard good about him, I think his firm is just like an agency. He will set up meetings with the Canadians, tell them he can supply man power, the Canadians will pay him a one-time fee for your services. After that you will deal directly with your employer in Canada. But be in for a shock, you will get no were near the wages another member quoted in this thread.

He runs a management and labour supply agency based in the 1 Canada Square building at Canary Wharf so a fairly prestigious address.

I know he use to work for pye roy managing the lagging division. He left them last year and went out on his own

Mate of mine done a couple of years in canada,and the money was cr*p,but i suppose it depends what job you're on,the oil and gas has got to be better,great country though,i loved B.C. the rockies are fantastic and the way of life is great,the only problem is their long harsh winters;):cool:

this is just 1 of two great oppertunities iv been offered in the last week i was offered to run an office in liverpool for godiva scaffolding as i know the MD and get on well with him and he wants to open up in the nrth west and offered me the chance to run the show and then this came along a little bit like jason gibbs iv worked on alot of big jobs in this country dont really fancy the rigs but wud like the chance to work abroad and this has arisen but dont want to be taken on a ride so all info welcome lads

Canada or Liverpool??? Hard choice there mate.
I would go to Canada as you may not get the chance again.
Better to regret doing something than live the rest of your life wondering what may have happened if you had took a chance.

True, bit if it goes tits-up in Canada then he'll be left wondering what might have happened if he'd taken up the offer in Liverpool...

thats my centiments Hswt i think its a great oppertunity and to be offered a superviserors role is even better i live in liverpool these days and love the place but would so love the chance to see a few other countries and if some1 else gonna pay for that then happy fking day i say

phil i think i get on well enought with colin taylor ( godiva ) md to still be offered something if it didnt work out and every1 says canada is top

this is just 1 of two great oppertunities iv been offered in the last week i was offered to run an office in liverpool for godiva scaffolding as i know the MD and get on well with him and he wants to open up in the nrth west and offered me the chance to run the show and then this came along a little bit like jason gibbs iv worked on alot of big jobs in this country dont really fancy the rigs but wud like the chance to work abroad and this has arisen but dont want to be taken on a ride so all info welcome lads

A lot of us have worked on big jobs.. we just don't go on about it all the time :weird: good luck with Canada.. gotta take the chance there mate...

Have any of you been on a big job? lol

Yep.. 1 or 2 lol.....

Bollox anyway " big jobs " its all the same innit ?? just higher and longer... technical jobs were you have to use your head are better.. boring banging long runs in all day lol...

phil i think i get on well enought with colin taylor ( godiva ) md to still be offered something if it didnt work out and every1 says canada is top

All good.

Hope it works out for you mate.

Top Bottom