Barrow island WA

o rite lads im off to perth in feb have a 12 months hol working visa,iv my part 2 bin off shore with cape for 6 months now bin scaffin for 12 yrs.im just turning up with my belt and hopeing for the best.i beleve i need to change my tickets over for the oz one's and need a white card ect.any info on where the best place to take the corses and decent digs till i get them done would be a massive help.idealy working off shore would be great but looking for any work till im on my feet.im going in blind but why not il never get there other wise.need pointing in the rite direction.

Google training centres in Perth. Get a contact from Cape UK for Cape WA. I have some but they wouldnt appreciate me giving their details to strangers so get HR to give to you.

Can transfer tickets at Perth Training Centre. You advanced? If so will only be 2 day course. If not, just inquire about your level. Best guy to get in contact with there is Kent Hilleard, he will advise you. Off in Feb...? I might join ya mate. Stay in the loop.

There's usually a lot of Aussie jobs on Linkedin, scaffolders and management.

yea she sounds like she gettin sticky up on Barrow according to that memo... wow.

So from past experience will the Unions step in and do something, or .... what tyou think will happen? Guys walk?

Theres nowhere to walk to its an island. You cant call the union in all the memo is doing is stating what acceptable practices must be adhered to. Experienced companies like Leightons do not just rush in and fall foul of the unions. They will have considered the situation and taken legal advice.

The workers there will not like it as they are not keen on accepting authority. Some will miss the chairs they used to sit on but will just put the handbrake on work. Difficult place to be a manager better off on the tools as I said before.

I heard that the NASC in UK have just announced that they are banning leaning on handrails.

wow..... an yea you pretty knowlegable about the management side of stuff mate. In the game a while. Cool. So will it be the same with CB&I after xmas ya reckon or? You mentioned before that might be a bit better with them or? I guess theres loads of other gigs around WA and Oz for that matter... If I was headin back no need to focus up on Gorgon hey, tho is good coin.

OK, does Caledonia sponsor scaffs do you know? And yea rules are rules I guess. They are set out for our safety, even tho SOMEtimes they seem a lil rediculious. Might be as well of on one of the shutdown mobs, Pilbara or Phoenix.... see what plays out I guess.

Send your resumes/cvs in you never know, all I can say is we are busy in WA & SA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Right on guys. I have visa now but just considerin if I plan on staying, woulkd be good to get on with a mob that have intentions of keepin ya. But thanks a lot guys.

Top Bottom