Barrow island WA

Cool... All the best bud. Hope to get to meet ya one day!

lol... crafty veteran! Whatever the case, hope nothing but the best for ya bud. You been quite kind to offer much advice and opinion. respect.

yes they do! Last gig I had back in Canada, they wouldn't tell us whether we were doin an 11, 18, or 24 day hitch... and most days ya wouldn't know you were doin 12 till last coffee.

Arrived today at BWI, staying on the barge the " bibby" I'll update the thread as I go on

lots work in Oz mate... Ya just need a work visa to get in and yer set!

Is there any way I can contact someone for a start I've had a look on the net but not much joy any help would be really appreciated .

to be honest I am no one to tell you, but if you are in Oz I don't think you should have problems finding work. Lots of posts on here with company names etc. try SEEK - Australia's no. 1 jobs, employment, career and recruitment site. Phoenix and Pilbara Access are two shutdown mobs who are always lookin fer good guys. Spin a lil more around on here, but as it is posted many times... if you dont have a work visa/permit and are not in Oz/Ozzie it will be VERY difficult for you to get over there mate. All the best!

Thanks appreciate your help basically it's hard to set up a job from the uk, I've got more of a chance by haveing a visa and actually being in oz ye?

Ok well thanks at least I have a better idea in which direction I need to go. Just 1 other thing you might be able to help me with? Do they only take advanced scaffolders on these types of jobs or can basics get on also?

Barrow takin Intermediate and Advanced. Courses can be done in Oz in few days or week so no worries there. but As I said mate, VISA VISA VISA! you 30 years old or under? If so yer in luck... if not you have a snowballs chance in hell! Just sayin'!

Piss in the wind! Don't want to be a buzz-killer here mate, but a basic scaff would have trouble getting on a good gig there at anypoint. Now yer still in UK (guessing)? NO WAY yer getting a visa, I think anyway. Start towards advanced tickets, Oz is only kicking off and will prob go for years. Soon enough in coming years they may seek overseas scaffs (tho i don't honestly know) and it seems like UK scaffs get gopod praise. If not and yer a chance taker, rock to Oz on tourist visa, get advanced license and shop yerself around. Its expensive and taking big risk... Other then that I don't see a way for you in there right now. BUt again, don't take my word for it mate... keep on pluggin' and asking questions. Get yerself on LinkedIn and do a decent profile. Ya never know. I have a working holiday visa for Oz as we speak that is just wasting away. It will expire in Oct of 2013. I am in Sweden at the moment and its freakin' hard to just up and leave me woman and all. All the best mate, happy hols.

Why not apply to emigrate? Mind you more immigrants return from Australia to UK than actually settle there.
In my opinion the aussie resources boom may not last long. They are very dependent on China and already there are concerns among the big boys about the sheer costs of labour alone.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Leighton's Gorgon staff told to ditch chairs | News | Business Spectator

The natives will be getting restless.

o rite lads im off to perth in feb have a 12 months hol working visa,iv my part 2 bin off shore with cape for 6 months now bin scaffin for 12 yrs.im just turning up with my belt and hopeing for the best.i beleve i need to change my tickets over for the oz one's and need a white card ect.any info on where the best place to take the corses and decent digs till i get them done would be a massive help.idealy working off shore would be great but looking for any work till im on my feet.im going in blind but why not il never get there other wise.need pointing in the rite direction.

Great advice everyone really do appreciate it I'll find a way might not be the easy way but I'm gonna keep trying "where there's a will there's a way"

Top Bottom