ban impact wrenches

we use the makita and 2day 2 of us struck 135m x 2lifts by 11:30 then continued on another strike 155m of 4th lift before the batterys ran down around 3pm- we have 2 batts each one charged the other working - dont think the panasonic would be as good as the batt size is smaller

Not bad for a soft Southern Poofter.;)

I went in to the tea shack on a site to charge a battery during dinner and it looked like a scene from Nasa with all the cables and flashing lights, I don't think anyone uses their hands to do anything now...............well, apart from Paddy.:D

Whats the chance of getting white finger using IP's? Do they vibrate a lot??

true enough lolo
thing is we dont use them evey mim of everyday-thought WF was really from the big road breakers,
had them for a few months and apart from there cost got nothing but praise for them
although the cost is soon forgotten when you see how fast and easy they r to rattle the gear down with

I believe anything that vibrates if used too much can lead to wf. Theres a scale of times for use of different tools. Like breakers, short spells and something like 2 hours a day. Never used an iw.

see your point fred maybe only time will tell,i've using mine a lot since b4 xmas due to a neck/shoulder injury for both erect & striking and although you would think it would be heavier and more awkward than a spanner ,its been a godsend- maybe they not for eveyone & certainly out of feasible reach of a trainees pocket money but personally for me fantastic investment

scaff89 check out ebay for a cheep bargin bought one on there for £90 but remember its the impact wrench you need not the impact driver (dnt wanna fucck about with interchangable bits) -also think the torque settings differ-check out some of the earlier threads lads of good info on them

They are the future on big runs of tube an fit, a mean would u put 3 inch screws in with a screwdriver no it would be a ball ache.u would use a dewalt driver or something to make it easier. Impact guns make it that much easier on your wrists and arms it's unreal. I'm with u southern poofter on this one...

before anyone asks
no i'm not a salesman for makita impact wrenchs lololo

but guys anything that makes are life easier cant be all bad can it :))

What do you use on your makita to keep the socket on SP? Paddy and I are struggling, every time I try a new socket it works for a bit then just falls off.

dont seem to have that problem m8 but why not try a bit of gripfill in the end might work

i have noticed that 1 out of the 8 we have of the makitas - intstead of a ball bearing on the end to hold the socket in place, has had the bearing removed and drilled through, a pin had then been put through the socket holes which sits straight though holding all in place ,on the socket head is a lined bevel in which a elastic band then sits holding the pin, i dont know if this is original or adapted but i only noticed it the other day.

Well, obviously Paddy and I don't have the ball bearing grip for what reason I don't know. I did see the hilti does but thought it was just a differing design, maybe I need a new drive socket with the ball bearing in it?

No ballbearing grip, as Alistair states, just a hole through the drive. Draper socket one hole and no groove to hold a rubber ring,plus no retaining pin. Halfords sockets no holes whatsoever.

delco 21mm 80mm deep come with pin and rubber ring

No ballbearing grip, as Alistair states, just a hole through the drive. Draper socket one hole and no groove to hold a rubber ring,plus no retaining pin. Halfords sockets no holes whatsoever.

I now have more sockets available to me Paddy then I have doubles. I never checked but can the drive socket be changed from these infernal machines. I still have a few sockets to try but not many, I may have to go for the pin but I would rather the right thing. Why do some have the grip and others don't were we sold a pig or what?

Just sent a email to makita.co.uk

Hi myself and quite a few other members of the www.scaffoldersforum,com have purchased the BTW251 impact wrench, which we use for scaffolding fittings and fixing bolts etc.

After a online discussion with members, it has been identified that there is a problem,with the socket falling off. Theese users as well as myself have the I.W with a hole drilled through the drive, however, none of us were supplied with any type of retaining pin, or guidance about it.

I look forward to hearing from you in the future with regard ro any light you could shed on this problem.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

FAQ
Thank you for your interest in our products and our brand. I will answer your question as soon as possible.

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 10.0px 0.0px; font: 10.0px Verdana} span.s1 {font: 10.0px 'Lucida Grande'}

While we are committed to giving you a quick response please allow at least 2 working days for an answer. We will email you our reply or you can check the web site to see if your question has been published.

With best regards,

Makita UK

T: 01908 211678
W: Makita UK

Please note that this is an automated email, so replies to this address cannot be responded to.

In terms of SAFETY impact scaff guns are not safe, because thir not as safe as a human hand and spanner.... coz you cant gage how tight a fitting is done up.... ya thir quick on a strike but i personly like to walk away knowing for sure that every fitting done up tight. ur relying on a battary which loses more and more power each time you use it. but with a hand and spanner every time u can garrentee the power. scaffolding is a hard game ent no short cuts :)

Your entitled to your opinion mate, and i respect that opinion, however, after 33 years on the tools, i think i know when a fitting is wrapped, you can tell by looking at a fitting, the sound of a fitting when tapped and that extra tweak when needed can be applied with your spanner just to put your mind to rest. As for Scaffolding is a hard game, tell me about it Bro. But making it easier is surely the way forward.

Regards
Paddy

So True Paddy, Why Make Things Harder Is The Job Not Hard Enough?

Top Bottom